AYA NEO handheld gaming PC crowdfunding launch date and new accessories announced

aya.JPG

In January, the team behind the AMD-based handheld gaming PC, AYA NEO, announced their Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign and said that it would launch in early February. However, this launch was delayed to an unspecified date until today when the company revealed that their campaign will finally launch on March 6, 2021 at 11 am CST. The Super Early Bird perk, which is limited to 42 units, offers a 500 GB model of the device for $699. Otherwise, 500 GB units will cost $789 while 1 TB models are priced at $869 for the campaign (it is currently not known if more models will be available after the IGG campaign but if that's the case, they are likely to be sold for a higher price). If you want to know the different launch times based on other time zones in order to catch the Super Early Bird discount, take a look at the details provided by the company:

time zones.JPG

Unlike the transparent model that was available on the Chinese market, the IGG version of the AYA NEO comes in two colors, the black Dark Star (500 GB & 1 TB) and the white Light Moon (1 TB only).

aya neo models.JPG

In addition to the device itself, the IGG campaign will also enable backers to purchase dedicated accessories for their AYA NEO. There's a $47 dock that features additional ports and microSD and SD slots, a $4.9 tempered glass screen protector, $4.9 joystick caps, $22.9 carry case and a $9.9 grip.

aya dock.JPG

aya grips.JPG aya tempered glass.JPG aya caps.JPG aya case.JPG

As is usual with crowdfunding campaigns, caution is advised before deciding to back this device. It's worth noting that the black and white IGG models are only renders and no actual models with such cases have been shared. As for the transparent case models that do exist, YouTuber The Phawx mentioned that his consumer model has a CNC mold (which is used in pre-production models) while other reviewers note that theirs aren't CNC molds. The AYA NEO team has also had several delays in producing and delivering units in China. However, they do seem to eventually catch up, albeit at a slower pace than expected since they are a small team working on an ambitious product, with some even reportedly sleeping in the factory to keep things moving.

:arrow: SOURCE

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
complete switch ripoff including the dock. ninty will find a way to sue these guys mark my words just like what happened with them guys who released joycons for the PC that just happened to look similar to their shitty joycons. and as everyone knows by know nintendo waits until a device is actually released before pouncing :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like another Nintendo lawsuit waiting to happen. Idk why these developers use identical hardware from Nintendo.
No because nintendo werent the first to do a tablet controller muppit.

And this is like anyother pc gaming tablet running windows.

Educate yourself.

Anyways this is what the switch should have been.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Pretty nice, maybe something I look at buying a few years down the line when it's a bit cheaper and I actually have places to go.

complete switch ripoff including the dock. ninty will find a way to sue these guys mark my words just like what happened with them guys who released joycons for the PC that just happened to look similar to their shitty joycons. and as everyone knows by know nintendo waits until a device is actually released before pouncing :lol:
Nintendo would have no standing for a lawsuit here, it's a portable PC with completely different hardware and even a different aesthetic design. Plus the controllers don't detach, which is the most integral point of Nintendo's joy con patent.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got to love the fanboys that seem to think nintendo did it first.

You do know nintendo were not the first to release a tablet that plays games with controllers.

As for shit joycons i litrally shit my pants at your comment - nintendo joycons are that shit customers have started taking them to court and winning.

Maybe you want nintendo to take action because this will put the switch to shame and prove my long point about nintendo cutting corners to be cheap using old hardware.

Here is a sweet device that can play top end pc games and has good hardware and is not that expensive.

If only nintendo didnt focus on cheap old hardware, gimmicks and only care about it releasing its shit recycled games

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ryzen chip here is more balanced for game performance vs battery out of the box. The Intel counterpart in the Win3 require more tweaking the TDP and such per game.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is nice.... but something is just off about it.
the fact that it has no actual keyboard, the 4500u apu is already out performed by the tiger lake mobile chips with iris xe graphics in the win 3 and oneGX pro.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess... another homebrew gaming device made by a company outside of the United States. Why don't we have any? Oh, yes! Strict copyright laws. Not that I'm knocking giving people money for what they make or offer to do, but I think a big reason devices like the AYA NEO aren't made here is because they're afraid of becoming the next Team Xecuters. However, that's only what I think; there may be other reasons.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Let me guess... another homebrew gaming device made by a company outside of the United States. Why don't we have any? Oh, yes! Strict copyright laws. Not that I'm knocking giving people money for what they make or offer to do, but I think a big reason devices like the AYA NEO aren't made here is because they're afraid of becoming the next Team Xecuters. However, that's only what I think; there may be other reasons.
Not even remotely close.

It's an ultra portable PC designed for gaming, running stock ass Windows and off the shelf laptop components.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aya Neo: "Yo Nintendo, can I copy your homework?"

Nintendo: "Yeah just change it up a bit so no one notices it"
Another idiot thinking nintendo invented gaming tablets with controllers.

So sad how blind and deluded nintendo fans really are.

But hey lets use your logic, nintendo a milti billion company makes a gaming tablet, some other small group turn up and say fuck you and make something far superior.

Moral of the story, if a small group can make a gaming device with good specs and a multi billion company cant, clearly says it all, nintendont only care about making cheap shit with gimmicks to make it sound better and print money.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it has good firmware, runs at 60 Hz and doesn't use shitty emulators that are outdated, I might look into it.

This is a $700+ x86 PC set up for Windows 10, not some $50 dingux deal. This is for running current AAA games at low settings, or mid-level emulators like Dolphin, Citrus, PCSX2, etc. High-end like RPCS3 and Yuzu will even run albeit not quite full speed.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
this is nice.... but something is just off about it.

It basically looks like a Nintendo Switch.

Also the Nintendo Switch has more games that the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo 3DS combined. And is getting a HD version..

For a lot less money you can hack a Switch or get to play lots of games in your PC.

UltraSUPRA

[title removed by staff]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My laptop is grossly underpowered and falling apart (seriously, parts of the shell are close to snapping off), so I thought about upgrading.

Not for $800.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks good and the price is reasonable. Am tempted to pick it up but wondering if I can justify the £600 it'll cost as I'm looking to buy a place.

On the other hand, OMG they stloe from Nintendo. Nity should sue4r80w.

Reactions: Veho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: