Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
_Chaz_ said:
ryan90 said:
I made a thread about aliasing on the 3ds a while ago the main issue i have is that i personally don't believe 3d will fix any of the aliasing issues, seeing two different sets of aliased lines will probably just make things look worse, the 3ds should have AA as it was one of the most annoying things about the psp, with all the complex character models and scenery in such a low resolution it just made things look bad and 3ds screen is even lower res.

It seems its only support is of SSAA(Super Sampling) which is drawing the image at a higher res then down sampling, this technique is very expensive on the cpu and system bandwidth and so is usually reserved for cgi movies and images only, I was really interested in the idea of it using MLAA but someone said it would need programmable shaders.

Edge Detect AA would probably be the best option but the 3ds doesn't support that either from what i read so unless they develop some portable post process filter than will work with the 3ds fixed shaders i doubt we will have any AA besides in old n64 games and 2d mode.

The only other option would be to blur the games slightly, which works really well for some games, it gets rid of the rough edges on some of the characters and as long as the textures aren't too complex it doesn't have a big effect. but again im not sure how expensive it would be to do this to every image

So yeah for me its an issue but it depends on the person whether it bothers them or not
But, if the graphics aren't perfect how will I be able to enjoy the game!?

Individuality. What ryan90 meant was that the games would still be enjoyable up to the extent of whoever is playing it/them. Its like pron. some people enjoy it, others don't.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
But, if the graphics aren't perfect how will I be able to enjoy the game!?
epic_win.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god zelda looks awesome....same art style but a ya know....more polygons

Oh and mind=blown after seeing those resident evil and kingdom hearts screenshots

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Once again, Nintendo hypnotizes our eyes to whore ourselves to their products.

Nintendo: We own you bitches, now come and gives us cash!
Gamers: @_@ Nintendo can't do no wrong, we love the almighty Ninty.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo resi.reve looks good only because they do the traditional -small areas with lots but fast loadings- style[which i wouldn't mind anyway]
all those screens look rly good, now just a star wolf tps and there's no way i'm not getting a 3ds=o3
still, i wish there would be more gameplay footage w/o 3d to see how much the system is actually capable to handle

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
RNorthex said:
imo resi.reve looks good only because they do the traditional -small areas with lots but fast loadings- style[which i wouldn't mind anyway]
all those screens look rly good, now just a star wolf tps and there's no way i'm not getting a 3ds=o3
still, i wish there would be more gameplay footage w/o 3d to see how much the system is actually capable to handle

I always liked how the old resident evil games used pre-rendered backgrounds, i wonder if that Time Travelers game we saw by level 5 will have pre-rendered backgrounds if it does it will be one of the best looking games artistically in my opinion.

Much like the final fantasy games on ps1 as well i would love to see a return of games which use this technique, i know that level 5 have already done it this year with The Another World (Ni no Kuni) and the game is beautiful, although the ps3 does seem the best to play if you really want to enjoy the artwork

ryan90

Trophies
XP
Country
xDarkAngelx said:
I'm not a big fan of the graphics or the 3DBS, I really just like the game library announced so far.

I actually agree, the software line-up is amazing the only other thing making me want to buy it is the 3d effect, other than that i think the graphics could have been a lot better considering that it has been 6 years since the psp and although the 3ds shaders are nice, the lack of performance improvement leaves a lot to be desired.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: as to you