• Start date
  • Views 9,459
  • Replies 88

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo are trying to make people more healthier and fitter whilst having fun... intreresting...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can see some big flaws: like for example, parents probably won't be too happy about their young child walking about all day with an expensive piece of kit in their pocket. And trying not to sound harsh, people who are less physically able may find it hard or even impossible to earn coins.

Although it is a very clever game they're playing, encouraging people to walk around with their 3DS so the local communications thing works well. But I'd say the novelty of getting coins will wear off after a few weeks at most. Gimmick.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SifJar, I'm 27 and wouldn't trust myself walking around with a new 3DS. I can't even keep hold of a mobile for more than 3 months...

That's what I'm bothered about. I walk bugger loads (at least 6 miles a day) so it's not about laziness.

cyb3ritachi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
SifJar, I'm 27 and wouldn't trust myself walking around with a new 3DS. I can't even keep hold of a mobile for more than 3 months...

That's what I'm bothered about. I walk bugger loads (at least 6 miles a day) so it's not about laziness.

you arent the only one, same here i have to replace my mobile phone every 3 or 4 months bcuz i either misplace it or leave it on the train. Now imagine a 3DS on my pocket or on my bookbag mmmmmm that means a replacement every 3 or 4 months also double the money for nintendo lolz

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Orange_Bird said:
That's great thinking on Nintendo's part. You have more reason to take your 3DS with you and go outside, whether you're trying to collect game coins or wanting to pass by other 3DS owners. It's so simple but clicks so well. Gamers might get more exercise too.

Yeah and knowing that the 3DS battery lasts presumably 3-5 hours (max settings?), it's rather contradictionary imo.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ravte said:
Orange_Bird said:
That's great thinking on Nintendo's part. You have more reason to take your 3DS with you and go outside, whether you're trying to collect game coins or wanting to pass by other 3DS owners. It's so simple but clicks so well. Gamers might get more exercise too.

Yeah and knowing that the 3DS battery lasts presumably 3-5 hours (max settings?), it's rather contradictionary imo.
In sleep mode, which is what it'll be in when you're walking around, it'll last longer than that. The DS Lite lasts about a week in sleep mode with a fully charged battery.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
Beige said:
I like how Nintendo is actually encouraging people to take their portables with them.

I agree with KidVamp..

Nintendo is encouraging to bring your 3DS with you so they know where you are and where you go
happy.gif

location services my friend...without the ability to turn it off

i'm sure that little bugger has a location chip or a RFID in it somewhere

human data mining and information is gold in this day in age...almost every company is succumbing to it...so many people use DS's and bring them along with them where ever they go. If everyone else can sell out, why not Nintendo?
smileipb2.png

I think its pretty sweet. i mean all the cool stuff you get to do when you walk by someone or go somewhere and there is a wifi event.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fel said:
Hey, but don't forget the the 3DS has a wifi on/off switch, so if you switch it off it shouldn't connect to wifi when you walk around. Unless it downloads the update from other updated 3DSes you meet.
Sure about that?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isaac_GS said:
_Chaz_ said:
Slyakin said:
Jax said:
Beige said:
I like how Nintendo is actually encouraging people to take their portables with them, hence the fact that they are PORTABLE.

With only 3 hours of battery life, it's not THAT portable...
Well, a MINIMUM of 3 hours is pretty damn good.
It won't be when the DS2 equivalent is out (if it's even needed).
This is the DS2. I'm surprised there are people who haven't figured it out yet. Unless you mean the 3DS lite?

As for this pedometer stuff, I'd only take real advantage of it if having the 3DS in my pocket doesn't eventually destroy the shoulder buttons like the DS lite. But if the unit is durable enough, I might lose some weight this year.
wink.gif
Sounds to me he talking about the Flash cart ds2...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
This is just the chance I need. After all these years, my dream of chasing after a plane that's about to take off will finally come true! Ha, nabbing those coins while having fun, WOOHOO!!

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
To all you lazy bums: Nintendo included a pedometer so you can WALK, not so you can put it on your washing machine or shake it or whatever
tongue.gif

Ravte

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
SifJar said:
Ravte said:
Orange_Bird said:

In sleep mode, which is what it'll be in when you're walking around, it'll last longer than that. The DS Lite lasts about a week in sleep mode with a fully charged battery.

Maybe so but I wouldn't be JUST carrying a 3DS with me if I'd go outside, I mean, it's not a small object to carry like a phone these days.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raika said:
This is just the chance I need. After all these years, my dream of chasing after a plane that's about to take off will finally come true! Ha, nabbing those coins while having fun, WOOHOO!!

Kind of a strange dream. Isn't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk