• Replies 88

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Beige said:
I like how Nintendo is actually encouraging people to take their portables with them, hence the fact that they are PORTABLE.

With only 3 hours of battery life, it's not THAT portable...

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jax said:
Beige said:
I like how Nintendo is actually encouraging people to take their portables with them, hence the fact that they are PORTABLE.

3 hours minimum as in....we know that no matter what you do battery life won't go below this....so don't sue us...
I'm sure it will last longer....

and its more portable then the wii.....just saying

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Beige said:
I like how Nintendo is actually encouraging people to take their portables with them.

I agree with KidVamp..

Nintendo is encouraging to bring your 3DS with you so they know where you are and where you go
happy.gif

location services my friend...without the ability to turn it off

i'm sure that little bugger has a location chip or a RFID in it somewhere

human data mining and information is gold in this day in age...almost every company is succumbing to it...so many people use DS's and bring them along with them where ever they go. If everyone else can sell out, why not Nintendo?
smileipb2.png

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Jax said:
Beige said:

How long does Sleep Mode last?

Regardless, this seems interesting. I wonder how Nintendo will use it in some games...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jax said:
Beige said:

Well, I would assume this takes place in sleep mode. So there would definitely be more than 3 hours of life.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
Jax said:
Beige said:

Well, a MINIMUM of 3 hours is pretty damn good.
It won't be when the DS2 equivalent is out (if it's even needed).

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
For the whole battery thing:

Wasn't the battery life based on maximum brightness and maximum volume? We could even possibly assume max 3D, though that isn't specified as far as I know.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, Nintendo trying to encourage me to take my portable with me. Well I already do that but Android OS would be better encouragement. Nintendo missed the boat on that so hopefully they will come up with some decent apps or at least have flash video support in the web browser this time.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nathan Drake said:
For the whole battery thing:

Wasn't the battery life based on maximum brightness and maximum volume? We could even possibly assume max 3D, though that isn't specified as far as I know.

That shouldn't make a difference. Using "a little bit" of stereoscopic 3D still uses the same amount processing power. It's basically powering 2 screens instead of one when on in any "amount".

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hope they make a treasure world game for the 3DS, the one on DS got be exploring tons of places
biggrin.gif
was a really cool idea but they could only include so many items because of the DS's cartidfge size..

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Hmm, Nintendo trying to encourage me to take my portable with me. Well I already do that but Android OS would be better encouragement. Nintendo missed the boat on that so hopefully they will come up with some decent apps or at least have flash video support in the web browser this time.
No closed system like a major game console maker is going to use an open platform.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Because Nintendo can't wait to have their system hacked?

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
LightyKD said:
No closed system like a major game console maker is going to use an open platform.
Yeah. If you think the 3DS is going to have Android OS or anything, you need to learn a lot.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Why do I see this as being "The only way you can get these coins is if you walk. However, when you walk near a hotspot, AUTOMATIC UPDATE!"

I hadn't thought of that. Better start jogging around the house with the internet off. xD

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
ShadowSoldier said:
Why do I see this as being "The only way you can get these coins is if you walk. However, when you walk near a hotspot, AUTOMATIC UPDATE!"

I thought that automatic update feature was still unconfirmed ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Slappity slap slap