Hacking Nintendo 3DS 2.2.0-4 firmware ,blocks flashcart

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does this mean when i pick up my copy of mairo ill lose my flash cart? I got a ds lite for upgrading the cart but normally my son plays it.

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=450777

Apparently there's an update with SM3DL.
V1Jln.jpg

Also, the update updates the friend list too, you can now:
-Send invites (or reversed invites?)
-Quick scroll through friend list while holding left or right
-Friends that online will move to the front of the queue automatically

F86Zt.jpg

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im still confused here, so is the update comming tomorrow the same one that is on the smb3dl cart? and it does not have the 3d video recording ?
so does that mean there will be another update this month that adds the 3d video recording? and if thats the case then will both of these updates have a flashcard block in them? 2 seperate AP measures?

i am seriously getting pissed off with this company now, where are the promised added features? did they pull the old bait and switch on us ?

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im still confused here, so is the update comming tomorrow the same one that is on the smb3dl cart? and it does not have the 3d video recording ?
so does that mean there will be another update this month that adds the 3d video recording? and if thats the case then will both of these updates have a flashcard block in them? 2 seperate AP measures?

i am seriously getting pissed off with this company now, where are the promised added features? did they pull the old bait and switch on us ?

No, the 3D recording and all that other stuff will be in the firmware that is releasing tomorrow (for Europe IIRC). The update on the Super Mario Bros 3D Land game is just the same and it's only for those who don't have access to the internet and can update via the game itself with no internet connectivity, I'm assuming. I could be wrong though so don't take that as the truth. It just seems like the most reasonable thing. Think of it like the Wii and the updates to play a new game, the update is stored on the disc itself and will update your system so you can play that game.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even use my flashcarts on the 3DS. I can't stand either the shader, or the size of the screen if you play without scaling.

Yeah same here, it's a real letdown. Would Nintendo ever release an update to fix the scaling or is that all within the hardware and can't be fixed through an update?

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I believe it can be fixed through software, besides, I rather play without the shader.

As for whether Ninty will release an update to improve that, I'd doubt it.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres to hoping for a Flash Cart update by then. Either way, i barely use my Flash Cart on 3DS as much as i expected (Ended up buying most of the retail Pokemon games, along with a few others i liked).

Either way, glad i still have my DS Lite

Reactions: 1 person

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is NOT the big November update.
This is just an on-cart update for Super Mario 3D Land.

It probably did some updates to the firmware in order to make the goofy StreetPass stuff work, since you can still benefit from StreetPass by passing people who don't actually HAVE Super Mario 3D Land.

Nothing else was changed, as far as I have noticed.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, the 3D recording and all that other stuff will be in the firmware that is releasing tomorrow (for Europe IIRC). The update on the Super Mario Bros 3D Land game is just the same and it's only for those who don't have access to the internet and can update via the game itself with no internet connectivity, I'm assuming. I could be wrong though so don't take that as the truth. It just seems like the most reasonable thing. Think of it like the Wii and the updates to play a new game, the update is stored on the disc itself and will update your system so you can play that game.
but someone said that the update on the smb3dl doesnt add the 3d video recording so if the smb3dl and the nov 4 are the same update then there is no 3d video recording update being added, ,so it cant be the same as the update that is or was supposed to come out tomorrow ,and we dont know if the update that adds the 3d video recording will have the same ap or different ap or no ap for blocking flashcards , and i also heard that the nov 4 th update is not happening after all ,

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but someone said that the update on the smb3dl doesnt add the 3d video recording so if the smb3dl and the nov 4 are the same update then there is no 3d video recording update being added, ,so it cant be the same as the update that is or was supposed to come out tomorrow ,and we dont know if the update that adds the 3d video recording will have the same ap or different ap or no ap for blocking flashcards , and i also heard that the nov 4 th update is not happening after all ,

Yeah you might be right, sorry. The update on the game is probably just to make SMB3DL compatible with certain 3DS features.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
confimed not in canada
AND WHY CAN"T I CHANGE MY FLAG? IT SAYS USA BUT IM IN CANADA AND MADE THIS ACCOUNT IN CANADA(srry for off topic)
Change your country in your Bio. Your location says Canada but your country says U.S.

Edit:

There was a rumored date for 11/4... I'm guessing we get it tomorrow. The update looks sick.

Also, maybe I just go on Facebook too much, but I would like to see the ability to "Like" people's comments on the Friend's List. Or maybe like a +Coin or -Coin so they technically aren't copying Facebook.

Not that it's needed but I would like to see that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg