ROM Hack Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi - Translation Project

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So thing is...Osaka-ben can be weird, but it's not completely beyond translation. It shouldn't really stand much obstacle to translating the entire game. I'm shaky with it, not having talked to anyone from the area in a while, but I could still cover it fairly well. I just don't want anyone to assume Shizuku's Kansai flavor to be a translating dealbreaker. We can still do this.

Are you and mrgone interested in give some help to this project?? :)

AihanKaidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm perfectly willing to help on the translation front. Right now I'm working on translating the book, and I'm almost finished with the spells. But I could shift focus to the game, or just do what comes, as needed.

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I'm perfectly willing to help on the translation front. Right now I'm working on translating the book, and I'm almost finished with the spells. But I could shift focus to the game, or just do what comes, as needed.

Fantastic!! The full book is not so important for the DS game. Could you translate all spells and the cutscenes from 7 to 14 for put them on the rom translation?
I've already translated 6 cutscene files, and now I'm editing/redrawing the font chars. I'm also searching for the text of the Battle Button (like "Fight!" or "Magic" etc...) but I can't find where these words are and how to edit them. Every help is good, also because I'm not good to find and work with the dialogues yet. :) (If you have a guide for see how to do this correctly, I'm here ;) )

P.S. Pleonex, your lastest Tinke version is amazing!!!

AihanKaidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic!! The full book is not so important for the DS game. Could you translate all spells and the cutscenes from 7 to 14 for put them on the rom translation?
I've already translated 6 cutscene files, and now I'm editing/redrawing the font chars. I'm also searching for the text of the Battle Button (like "Fight!" or "Magic" etc...) but I can't find where these words are and how to edit them. Every help is good, also because I'm not good to find and work with the dialogues yet. :) (If you have a guide for see how to do this correctly, I'm here ;) )

P.S. Pleonex, your lastest Tinke version is amazing!!!
See, the thing is, I know nothing on the technology side...how to find things, how to edit things, or even what file I assume you're referencing. Haha.

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
See, the thing is, I know nothing on the technology side...how to find things, how to edit things, or even what file I assume you're referencing. Haha.

Here: http://www.mediafire...b3221sr643myk6m I have extracted for you the cutscene files.
Open them with Microsoft Word and one by one traslate only the japanese phrases where there isn't the " * " at the beginnig of the phrase.
For now translate these please, and send to me them after the translation. Thanks :) I belive in you :D

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
Right now I'm working on translating the book, and I'm almost finished with the spells. But I could shift focus to the game, or just do what comes, as needed.

The full book is not so important for the DS game.

Just my 2 cents: I think, if possible, both the game and the book should be balanced in terms of the effort towards translation. While the book isn't too important to the game, it's a huge part in what differentiates the ds version from the ps3 version. As someone that has a physical copy of the book, I believe it is a piece of art with it's own value, and so deserves to be translated in full just as much as the game does, rather than just translating the parts relating to gameplay and spells. Balancing between the two will also allow you to switch between the 2 projects whenever you done feel like doing one project. Then again, it's your talents so please put them towards what ever you enjoy most since that will most likely increase the quality of the translation.

Reactions: 1 person

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Right now I'm working on translating the book, and I'm almost finished with the spells. But I could shift focus to the game, or just do what comes, as needed.

The full book is not so important for the DS game.

Just my 2 cents: I think, if possible, both the game and the book should be balanced in terms of the effort towards translation. While the book isn't too important to the game, it's a huge part in what differentiates the ds version from the ps3 version. As someone that has a physical copy of the book, I believe it is a piece of art with it's own value, and so deserves to be translated in full just as much as the game does, rather than just translating the parts relating to gameplay and spells. Balancing between the two will also allow you to switch between the 2 projects whenever you done feel like doing one project. Then again, it's your talents so please put them towards what ever you enjoy most since that will most likely increase the quality of the translation.

In this case I think it like you ;) The armors/weapons and bestiary sections are amazing! Are you a programmer, right? Want you help me to insert the first part of the translate dialogues in the game? :) We will translate the game piece by piece with calm.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

As i previously wrote somewhere in this thread, i'm not really good in translating full sentences, i only had two semesters of japanese, enough for easy sentences, but nothing complex or irregular, and especially no osaka-ben.
but i know how to identity and lookup kanji with a kanji book, but i must really say the database @ nihongoresources.com is really great :)
so thats what i am doing: translating stuff, which isn't sentence based:
item lists, headings, monster lists

i think a good start would be, if someone took the text pieces for translation and put them in a table, preferably a google doc for collaboration, as AihanKaidan and me do for the book:
one column for each:
- where does the text come from (path, filename, line)
- the text as it is in the file
- text cleaned up (i mean these marker bytes for the furigana mentioned above)
- text in romaji
- text translated
- text formatted (maybe there will be problems with string length or something) for reinsertion

i can make the document, but someone else has to fill it.

OT: When you finish with the book can you put out PDF version of it? thanks :)

i prefer an epub, a proper pdf requires layouting for a specific paper size.

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As i previously wrote somewhere in this thread, i'm not really good in translating full sentences, i only had two semesters of japanese, enough for easy sentences, but nothing complex or irregular, and especially no osaka-ben.
but i know how to identity and lookup kanji with a kanji book, but i must really say the database @ nihongoresources.com is really great :)
so thats what i am doing: translating stuff, which isn't sentence based:
item lists, headings, monster lists

i think a good start would be, if someone took the text pieces for translation and put them in a table, preferably a google doc for collaboration, as AihanKaidan and me do for the book:
one column for each:
- where does the text come from (path, filename, line)
- the text as it is in the file
- text cleaned up (i mean these marker bytes for the furigana mentioned above)
- text in romaji
- text translated
- text formatted (maybe there will be problems with string length or something) for reinsertion

i can make the document, but someone else has to fill it.

Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?dsi4foggg7267kl I've extract for you the Skill/Magic/Item files. Open them with Microsoft Word and try to look if you are able to translate them (edit ONLY the japanese words) and tell me, please :)

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
You added the .dat files not .txt/.doc files.
please fix and reupload I will try to take a look at it ;)
Open them with Microsoft Office 2007 and you will see the text
Ok I did, but is there any way to arrange the furigana out of the < > it's kinda annoying with the flow of the sentence. or maybe I am just too spoiled :)
EquipItemInfo file, from the 1st to the 4th entry. and I'm not very good XD not English native either.

1)Wooden stick, fell close to Oliver house,very easy to use.
2)Magic staff, handed down generation after generation to the Colonel, monarch of the country.
3)The strongest magic staff, by drawing up the power of truth sealed inside it seemed to grow (maybe a mistake)
4)The strongest magic staff, It is said that it is possible to use many magic (spells) with it.

P.S I arbitary arranged the sentences as used in Item description, first name than the desc, but some of the items use passive a.k.a first description than throw in the item name.

T3Petition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You added the .dat files not .txt/.doc files.
please fix and reupload I will try to take a look at it ;)
Open them with Microsoft Office 2007 and you will see the text
Ok I did, but is there any way to arrange the furigana out of the < > it's kinda annoying with the flow of the sentence. or maybe I am just too spoiled :)
EquipItemInfo file, from the 1st to the 4th entry. and I'm not very good XD not English native either.

1)Wooden stick, fell close to Oliver house,very easy to use.
2)Magic staff, handed down generation after generation to the Colonel, monarch of the country.
3)The strongest magic staff, by drawing up the power of truth sealed inside it seemed to grow (maybe a mistake)
4)The strongest magic staff, It is said that it is possible to use many magic (spells) with it.

P.S I arbitary arranged the sentences as used in Item description, first name than the desc, but some of the items use passive a.k.a first description than throw in the item name.

I think that isn't possible :) Do you think that you could translate all files? I wait for the complete EquipItem ect.. If you complete all send them to me :) Good work!

Shinintendo

Trophies
Website
games4gamer.net
XP
Country
Iceland
I'm first year student of computer science so unfortunately RL homework+ looking for a job will take most of my time. If you can find someone who can devote his whole into it I think it's for the best for the project. but I can work here and there if you need me on small stuff not story since I'm just not good enough ;)

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
An update has been released for Ni No Kuni PS3. According to this: http://www.digitaltr...leases-in-2013/, The European and North American releases of Ni No Kuni will have all the dlc and bonus content that has been released for the game such as dlc.

Also for those interested a new trailer is here (it's for essentially the Japanese Game of the Year Edition of the game):

Are you a programmer, right? Want you help me to insert the first part of the translate dialogues in the game?
Actually I'm a localiser. However, I mostly do spelling and grammar checks of the translation because I'm a native English speaker. For example, "Are you a programmer, right?" would be edited into "You are a Programmer, right?", and "Want you help me to insert the first part of the translate dialogues in the game?" would be edited to "Do you want to help me insert the first part of the translation's dialogue into the game?". When I have the time, (most likely over the next 2 weekends,) I'll be able to go over your translations and edit them into grammatically correct English if you email the translation files to me. My email is in your pm box for this website.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I strongly suggest you send your E-mail adress by pm, but that's your problem actually. And from what I'm seeing... T3Petition is launching random files to anybody who can translate (not even in a good form btw) while.... I don't know the rest but wow, looks fun x)

Reactions: 1 person

Permafry_42

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
select-start.net
XP
Country
Canada
I strongly suggest you send your E-mail adress by pm, but that's your problem actually. And from what I'm seeing... T3Petition is launching random files to anybody who can translate (not even in a good form btw) while.... I don't know the rest but wow, looks fun x)
It's not my main email address, but I'll take your advice anyways.

AihanKaidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here: http://www.mediafire...b3221sr643myk6m I have extracted for you the cutscene files.
Open them with Microsoft Word and one by one traslate only the japanese phrases where there isn't the " * " at the beginnig of the phrase.
For now translate these please, and send to me them after the translation. Thanks :) I belive in you :D
What do you mean about the " * "? I don't see that anywhere. Do you mean where it talks about the stream playback and subtitle intervals and such? Also, Some of the parts that are just people gasping and such...I'm not sure about what kind of emphasis to give it...so I'll just be copying the Japanese formatting. (Like when it's just "Ah." which would be an affirmation, or Ah~ which might be a noise in awe of something...). It's actually a little strange not having the context. Has anyone uploaded the cutscenes on youtube or anywhere, so I can get some reference? If I were to use my game as reference, I'd pretty much have to start the game all over again...
Yeah. I wont really give up on the book. I've actually started translating one of the longer stories in the back, and now that I have some dialogue type stuff to work on, I can bounce between the two when the prose gets too much for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    tional
    What is a Nintendo 3DS?

Like 3 Nintendo DS taped into one?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey @HiradeGirl , how you been. Hope all is well.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    DDDS
    +1
    @BigOnYa Everything's going great. It's just that real life happens.
    +1
    DSDSDS?
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    ohio is round on both sides and hi in the middle
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...