1. TheLegendofMario

TheLegendofMario GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So if I use this program in theory I can take the SD card from one 3DS and mount it's contents in ninfs, then literally just copy a save from a lost 2DS to another 3DS SD card and it would work?

Last edited by TheLegendofMario, Jul 15, 2019
  2. ihaveamac

OP ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

United States
    You can do this for all SD contents. Game contents (the app and tmd files) would require an additional step to fix the cmd files. GodMode9 will be able to do this in the future.

3. ihaveamac

United States
    I just pushed a new gui for ninfs that is almost complete. It's inspired by OSFMount. It's on the 2.0 branch (the default one) if you want to give it a try.
    img1.png
    Setting up a new mount is done through a multi-step wizard that should hopefully be less confusing. Multiple mounts can be done at once in case you wanted to view the contents of multiple games or open something inside another file (e.g. dlpchild inside a game or system titles inside a nand image).

The other main changes and missing features are:
    • Windows only shows drive letters for mountpoints now. This should make it less confusing about what it's doing. This has the side effect of not working with OSFMount if ninfs is not run as administrator, but hopefully this would be resolved soon.
    • Not tested on Linux and macOS yet. Also the option to change external user access (allow_root, allow_other) is currently missing, so unless ninfs is run as root, root tools like mount can't be used in it.
    • Currently missing a properties window and update checks.
    • Doesn't check if libfuse works yet.
    • "About" window is incomplete.
    The console window no longer shows all the time on Windows, and it also will show the output on crashes and failures.
    img2.png

https://github.com/ihaveamac/ninfs

Support can be provided in this thread or in my server on Discord: https://discord.gg/YVuFUrs (You can also get update notifications here!)

Last edited by ihaveamac, Sep 3, 2020
    ber71, ShroomKing, ry755 and 4 others like this.
  4. ihaveamac

United States
  5. ihaveamac

United States
    ber71 and Kwyjor like this.
  6. ihaveamac

United States
    ShroomKing and ber71 like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - filesystem, Nintendo, scripts