ROM Hack ninfs - FUSE filesystem Python scripts for Nintendo console files

Owenge

GbaTemp browser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
will this fuse kill the Hostage? :rofl2:
you-don-amp-039-t-have-to-think-of-a-title-if-you-post-a-nice-meme_o_7104681.jpg

But really, This is cool, nice job

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lots and lots of refactoring and updates recently (most "under the hood"). I made it installable as a module, so it should be much easier for Windows users to use. I also added an ExeFS mount with .code decompression (automatically if you're mounting an NCCH/CCI/CIA file or CDN dir!).

the README has also gotten many changes explaining a bit about how it works, how to set it up, and some command examples.

https://github.com/ihaveamac/fuse-3ds

Last edited by ihaveahax,

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After about 7 months since the first commit, fuse-3ds has its first beta release!

The most significant addition has been a simple GUI, which should hopefully make it a lot easier to use for those who don't know how to use a command line.
mainwindow.png

There is also a single-file version which contains everything needed to run (WinFsp must still be installed though).

Please test it and file issues at the issue tracker. You can ask about it on this thread or at Nintendo Homebrew on Discord.

https://github.com/ihaveamac/fuse-3ds/releases

Last edited by ihaveahax,

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program is awesome! I finally found a solution that does not require me to use cmd on wine.

Is it possible to add or replace content for a .3ds/.cia file with this program? It doesn't seem like I am allowed to do that.

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated to v1.1. CID isn't needed for 99% of 3DS NANDs anymore, the Counter will be automatically generated.

@Xyphoseos @OrGoN3 you should find this useful if you still need it.

@Jay1Gamer late response but DSi NAND mounting has been in since v1.0 so you can try that if you still want to.

https://github.com/ihaveamac/fuse-3ds/releases/tag/v1.1
https://gbatemp.net/download/fuse-3ds.34706/
Wow, my good friend. Thank you very much for the alert. And more importantly, thank you for continuing you work! I shall give this a go! o/

Edit: Success! It displayed the contents of the NAND image almost instantly. I then followed your guide and used OSFMount to grab what I needed from CTR. Thanks again!

Last edited by OrGoN3,

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
@ihaveamac Is there any chance fuse-3ds could include an option to recover any fragments of factory titles that may still be present in a NAND dump, but that may have been marked as 'deleted' by the filesystem? Perhaps a 'Recover file fragments and deleted files" option?

I have been trying to recover the factory CTRAging app using the fff*ck.exe from this thread:-
https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-ctraging-3ds-debug-app-research.411704/
However since my NAND dumps were made with the latest Godmode9 I dont have any xorpads, so I cant get the exe to work :(

Any help would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Razor83,

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ihaveamac Is there any chance fuse-3ds could include an option to recover any fragments of factory titles that may still be present in a NAND dump, but that may have been marked as 'deleted' by the filesystem? Perhaps a 'Recover file fragments and deleted files" option?

I have been trying to recover the factory CTRAging app using use the fff*ck.exe from this thread:-
https://gbatemp.net/threads/request-ctraging-3ds-debug-app-research.411704/
However since my NAND dumps were made with the latest Godmode9 I dont have any xorpads, so I cant get the exe to work :(

Any help would be much appreciated.
fuse-3ds wouldn't search for it itself (the process is very complicated and doesn't fit in this project), but it can assist. fffuck only needs a xorpad if the NAND is encrypted. What fuse-3ds can do here is provide a decrypted image that you can use it on. So try it on ctrnand_full.img, since it acts as a decrypted CTRNAND.

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
fuse-3ds wouldn't search for it itself (the process is very complicated and doesn't fit in this project), but it can assist. fffuck only needs a xorpad if the NAND is encrypted. What fuse-3ds can do here is provide a decrypted image that you can use it on. So try it on ctrnand_full.img, since it acts as a decrypted CTRNAND.
Thanks, I just tried and unfortunately it just displays:-
fffuck.exe said:
Dump contains encrypted FAT16 partition. Please supply xorpad.
Usage: fffuck nand_image [xorpad]
xorpad is only optional if nand_image is already decrypted.
Press any key to continue . . .
I tried renaming ctrnand_full.img to nand.bin and that didnt work. I also tried editing the run.exe to look for ctrnand_full.img instead, but that also failed. Might you have any other suggestions?

Last edited by Razor83,

ihaveahax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I just tried and unfortunately it just displays:-

I tried renaming ctrnand_full.img to nand.bin and that didnt work. I also tried editing the run.exe to look for ctrnand_full.img instead, but that also failed. Might you have any other suggestions?
Try ctrnand_fat.img since that contains just the FAT16 partition.

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
It probably expects a full NAND with a decrypted CTRNAND in it. Are you able to mount ctrnand_full.img with osfmount? Maybe fffuck could be edited to not require the full NAND, but I don't know yet.
Yes I can mount ctrnand_full.img with osfmount, although I do have to select the FAT partition.
Unfortunately i'm assuming viewing the NAND with osfmount wont display any deleted/fragmented files?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1