Ni no Kuni Remastered announced for PS4/PC, original game headed to Switch

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 11, 2019.

Front-page

A few days after Bandai Namco’s entire E3 lineup was leaked, the publisher has now officially announced Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Remastered. PlayStation 4 and PC players will be able to experience the 2013 game with updated graphics, and 60fps support. Meanwhile, the Nintendo Switch is targeted to receive the original release. Both versions will launch on September 20th.

Gojita1978, DarthDub, Xzi and 6 others like this.
    Discussion (33 replies)
  1. Scarlet

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    whoaaa, that's so soon! And if Amazon Japan is to be believed, that's the same day as the Link's Awakening remake?? Crazy times ahead!

NoNAND likes this.
  2. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    My brother played it on PS4 (PSNow), wonder if it's worth trying

3. Elalexyzoner

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    I played this game with the Spanish translation long ago (i didn't know why the ENG translation came after btw) i love this game! also the graphics are awesome! looking forward to buy this game and revive it once more.

4. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    Disappointment. No remastered but an original version for Switch ? Come on! You can do better than that, Bandai!

I have a PS4 version but I prefer remastered version for the Switch. Bandai is an idiot!

You should try it. Loved it!

CaptainHIT and the_randomizer like this.
  5. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    It is. I loved the two hours I played back on PS3...

Im so happy is coming to Switch.

the_randomizer likes this.
  6. Elalexyzoner

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    Sure he is, a remastered version for Switch is what i wanted for, but im happy they ported it to Switch at least.

azoreseuropa likes this.
  7. gohan123

gohan123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 26, 2012
    Germany
    I'm sure they could just call the switch version remastered and nobody would be bothered by it.

8. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Don't even know why they would need to remaster it. It already looked fine as it was on ps3. The remaster probably is going to be a bumped up 1080p/4k resolution version wich you could hardly call a remaster. I really don't understand what else you could do with this. Oh well all for a quick buck from greedy ass developers i guess. And looking at the trailer it looks like exactly the same game as on ps3 so how the hell is this a remaster and not a port ?

Last edited by kumikochan, Jun 11, 2019
    Joshifer34 likes this.
  9. yummycake

yummycake GBAtemp Regular

Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    I finally get to play a Ni no Kuni game!

10. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    That's true but I will wait for the comparison so I bet you 2 cents that they are no different.. Kinda. You watch. :creep:

You are absolutely right. That's why I said bandai is an idiot!

I don't mind for an extra one on my Switch. It is a welcome, thought.

11. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Nice, I've been meaning to play this for ages but never really got around to it.

12. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    nope, you played the NDS version in spanish, not the PS3 version.

these are two different games.
    the NDS game has never been translated officially in english, a fan translation group did it. they just spent more time to do something for free for the fans, the spanish group just started translating it sooner.
    Also,the companion book is not physical but included in the game, while the NDS version had a physical version of the book sold with the game.

The PS3/PS4 version of the game is slightly different. Yes, it's the same story, but not the same battle system. it has more cutscenes, different enemies, and different chapters than the NDS game.

I wonder if I'd better just buy the PS4 version again (I suppose it'll have all the DLCs), or play my PS3 original disc but without DLC. (I don't have psn on my PS3)

Oh, maybe they will release a pack 1+2? it might be less expansive to wait for the (hypothetical) pack. I don't have nnk2 yet, I can just wait and see.

Last edited by Cyan, Jun 11, 2019
  13. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    the switch version not being "remastered" just means that its not in 4k and wont run at 60fps

14. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Hell yes. I was really hoping for this to happen. Seemed like with Ni No Kuni 2 being crossplatform it was bound to happen, but I couldn't be sure.

I was playing Ni No Kuni on PC through PlayStation Now but it wasn't the best experience (high latency), and it was starting to get expensive since I took 4 months to get like 15 hours in.
    I'll have to start over, but I don't really mind since I haven't played it for a while. I was this close to buying a PS3 just for that game, which would have required me to buy another month of PS Now as well as PS Plus in order to use the cloud save feature to transfer my save onto the console, and now I don't have to.

15. WAUthethird

WAUthethird Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for the explanation, I've always wondered what the differences were, since I've only ever played the English translation of the NDS game.

16. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of The White Witch - 60FPS version

17. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I played only the beginning of the PS3 version, and right from the start you see more information : you see the witch being responsible for the car losing its wheel ! on the NDS version, you don't see that.
    that's not a major spoil, it's the starting cutscene so I guess it's fine to say it :P
    I can't tell how much differences both versions have, I didn't complete the NDS version yet (yeah, I'm a slow player), but I wanted to start with the NDS and play both to compare. now I'll have lot of plateform choices.

Last edited by Cyan, Jun 11, 2019
  18. azoreseuropa

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    I don't mind it in 1080 and run at 30fps. Dont like 60 fps because its kinda little bit too fast speed for me. I am so used with 30fps and I prefer to stick with 30 fps for me.

19. WAUthethird

WAUthethird Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    United States
    Even the NDS version was an amazingly emotional experience; the music really did it for me.

Cyan likes this.