Konami confirms Switch port of Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection will run at 30fps

Untitled.png

With the release date of the Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Volume 1 fast approaching, Konami has shared a few new details about the compilation pack. The games within the collection will target running at 1080p resolution, at 60fps, for every platform except the Nintendo Switch. This means that the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PC, and even the newly announced PlayStation 4 versions of the games will run at 60fps--which the original Bluepoint remasters did on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3--while the Nintendo Switch version will attempt to hit 1080p/30fps while docked, and 720p/30 in handheld mode.

:arrow: Source

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, can Switch really not handle these titles at 60fps? I don't really care about frame rates, so long as it doesn't interfere with game play, but it's kinda weird.

If FPSLocker can get Red Dead Redemption - an open world game, mind you - running at 60 fps (albeit with some overclocking) I would think that the Switch can run these old-ass ports that were able to reach 60 on an XBox 360. Pretty sure it's poor optimization in this case.

Reactions: HarveyHouston

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was excited for this but when i knew how cheap the company are i canceled my preorder same with batman trilogy on switch very dissapointed.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was excited for this but when i knew how cheap the company are i canceled my preorder same with batman trilogy on switch very dissapointed.
I was disappointed by the fact they didn't do a Legacy Collection 2.0. for modern gaming consoles and PCs.

This whole "volume" thing is just to milk the hell out of it.

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one game im suprised the kingdom hearts compliations were cloud versions 1 and 2 and the other hd games shouldnt of been cloud games 3 i could understand but the others are not that demanding the compilations sound like jusst laziness with minimal effort, the same goes for the resident evil 2 and 3 remakes monster hunter rise is proof the re engine can run on the switch but of course crapcom have to cheap out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto