ROM Hack Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Master Collection Edition - 1080p mod

Maxwellp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiousity:

-Is there an fps performance hit without overclock?
-What happens when it runs in handheld mod since that cant support 1080p?

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Out of curiousity:

-Is there an fps performance hit without overclock?
-What happens when it runs in handheld mod since that cant support 1080p?
1. Yes
2. It will render at 1080p with a 780p output, but you will need official docked clocks at least to ensure a good performance

I only tried the mod for a few minutes in the first area, the FPS dropped to 28-26 range when reaching the swamp area, not sure how's the performance later on, you could need OC.

element14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the mod ,can I please ask you some screenshots showing the improvments?
Im trying it but Im not noticing any change in terms of rendering resolution. Im on 4IFR with OC capabilities , but I dont really need it bcs the GPU is always below 60% of usage at stock freqs.
I have checked the BID its correct , also tried to convert it to text patch for EdiZon, but still Im not noticing any difference in game.
Thanks again

cucholix

00000780 00000438
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks for the mod ,can I please ask you some screenshots showing the improvments?
Im trying it but Im not noticing any change in terms of rendering resolution. Im on 4IFR with OC capabilities , but I dont really need it bcs the GPU is always below 60% of usage at stock freqs.
I have checked the BID its correct , also tried to convert it to text patch for EdiZon, but still Im not noticing any difference in game.
Thanks again
Use hos zoom feature (double tap on Home button) and will notice the difference.

element14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nothing , I do not see any changes , here the screenshots captured with SysDVR

1080p patch applied
9ot38mP.jpg

Stock patch not applied

wZi1kyM.jpg

I have also tried to use the zoom feature , but I do not see any visible change.
Just to be sure and practice a bit more I stared debugging the main binary with IDA Pro and remote GDB.

I set two BreakPoint (R/W/E) to the two addresses the patch is looking for.
During the entire game run , from start to end , these memory portions are never read , resulting in a no BreakPoint trigger.
(screen of the BP below)
KonseIo.png

So I applied the patch and double checking the memory and I could see that it has been succesfully applied (1920x1080)
(screen of the applied patch below)
pIc107F.png

Do you have any other screenshots that can show the result of the patch ?
And do you have any hint (in terms of reverse eng) on how to increase the drawing distance or the render resolution ?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto