Insider report claims that Metal Gear Solid 3 remake is coming, along with MGS Classics Collection

jasida.png

Adding some fuel onto the fire right before tonight's PlayStation Showcase, the editor of Windows Central claims that he has insider information and can confirm that Konami is working on a Metal Gear Solid 3 remake, which is a claim that has been going around for months from reputable outlets. On top of that, he states that there will be a new release of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, which will be available on current generation systems, and will feature Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3, remastered. According to the editor, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Peace Walker will not be included in the rumored collection. The MGS Classic Collection is set to be revealed sometime in June, and though it will have a marketing deal with PlayStation, the compilation is set to be available on PC and Xbox.

Whether or not this is true can't exactly be verified by the public just yet, but for Metal Gear fans, a month isn't that long to wait to see if the rumored Classic Collection is real. For now, you'll have to stay tuned to tonight's PlayStation Showcase, to see if Metal Gear Solid 3's remake is indeed real, and has its debut announcement there.

:arrow: Source

LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
As an old, life-long MG fan, I'm honestly not that interested in a reboot. The franchise is a treasure for the videogames industry, and god I don't even wanna think about what Konami could do to it because of their greed.
On the other hand, a classics collection released on all modern platforms, including Steam, does sound like a marvellous idea, and something that should've been done ages ago.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I somehow think this is not needed. If it was just for the first (PS1) game? Yea sure, but not for MGS 2&3 imo. I guess they wanted to make it a neat trilogy? Expect some corners to be cut..

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Love me some Metal Gear. It's a travesty that the HD collection is unplayable on PS5. So I'm all in for this. Let's hope some love is put into the remakes and they're more than just emulated upscaled editions of the games.

As for the remake of Snake Eater, I'd honestly prefer MGS1 get the remake treatment (the Shadow Moses part in 4 brought tears to my eyes) but I understand that 3 is likely much "easier" to bring up to modern standards due to being a much bigger game.

Either way I'm just glad we're getting more metal gear action!

ZeroFX

why?
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
One more remake for this crappy "remake culture"... Except in this case it's the only thing Konami can do regarding mgs that have a chance to come out decent maybe.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping it'd be the MGS Legacy Collection ported to newer systems (and PC!) so this is disappointing to read. :/
Post automatically merged:

I'd rather they just port the HD collection, which should include MGS4 to modern platforms + PC.
If it were that specific release then it wouldn't include MGS4. MGS Legacy did include MGS4.
Post automatically merged:

I somehow think this is not needed. If it was just for the first (PS1) game? Yea sure, but not for MGS 2&3 imo. I guess they wanted to make it a neat trilogy? Expect some corners to be cut..
GCN got a remake of the first game, if I recall correctly. If they'd remaster that remake in HD it'd be awesome (MGS Legacy didn't include it, sadly).

Reactions: ZeroFX

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to see how they screw this up further, omitting peace walker and mgs4 is a sin in itself. Just remove the ipod and branding stuff from mgs4 or something lol

Reactions: Marc_LFD

hertzian56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Konami are idiots sitting on so much great legacy ips like mg and silent hill but badly managing it. I get it Kochimp is a a child but don't they own the ip, plenty of writers could emulate the stories and I doubt Kochimp did all of it single handed either.

Still I don't have a ton of hope for these retards at Konami to do any sort of remake, remasters etc well at all. Maybe farm that out to Capcom or whoever capcom had do 2-3-4 remakes but for Gods sake don't make the characters woke or look weird like mask(ahem) wearing monsters like the RE remakes have. Emulation works pretty good for 2-3 probably even 4 by now. Played MGS3 also on 3ds was pretty cool.

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
god i'm still seething over mgs4 being stuck on ps3. man i hate Komoney

Can we get #Fuckonami hashtag trending again tempbros?

Last edited by Mike_77712,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: