Next Rocksteady Batman Game Info Revealed

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States

Some info about Rocksteady's next Batman game has been revealed, leading that it will be a prequel to the Arkham franchise.

The new game will focus on the "silver era" of DC Comics, approximately from 1956 to 1970. It will feature Batman's first encounter with the Joker, as well as the establishment of the Justice League of America. Batman will also be meeting up with other famous DC characters such as Superman and The Flash.

The reintroduction of the Justice League is apparently to help expose audiences to them, as Warner Bros. gears up for their Justice League movie in 2014.

Heroes typically associated with the silver era are Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman, so any of these may be viable in the next Batman game.

However, no other info was given.

:arrow: Source

2. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I hope it remains free roaming.

3. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    If the gameplay will be somewhat similar to the last games then I can't wait for it, Batman has always been one of my fave heroes mainly because he doesn't rely on super powers and doesn't kill people (well the others are Spawn, The Darkness and Ghost Rider).

I really wonder if he'll have the suit he had in the silver era or if they'll have him use the current one.

4. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    [​IMG]

I wanted a sequel.

2 people like this.
  6. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    This game seems like it could be fun. I really enjoyed Arkham Asylum. I own Arkham City, and plan to play it before the end of the summer.

7. DS1

Member DS1 伝説の雀士

United States
    Hmm, flickering/deformed sprites, the ability to travel through solid objects, and dying the second anything touches you... bet you didn't know that was just a re-branded Martian Manhunter game

8. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    With Mark Hamill out as the Joker, I wonder who they'll get to voice him in this game. Whoever it is, they're going to have big shoes to fill.

Anyway, Arkham Ayslum and Arkham City were both great. Rocksteady, just tell me when I can start throwing money in your direction.

9. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    I just love how well the batman franchise has evolved both in video games and in movies (i follow the dark knight movies so intently its like an addiction o.o) So im really excited to see another addition to the franchise. Hopefully they can continue to keep the game dark and epic with the addition of the justice league. I just feel like it may lose a little bit of its appeal when introducing the flash and other superheroes that arent AS serious as batman is. But with the success of the previous games, im willing to keep my money in hand :P

10. chartube12

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Justice League Doom was confirmed to be Kevin Conroy's last time doing batman's voice. So I wonder if they'll replace him with Bruce Greenwood?

11. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    As much as I loved the Mark Hamill Joker, I'd rather leave him dead, in the past. There are so many more creative bad guys from the DC universe, why bring him back once again and with voice that will likely not satisfy hardcore fans ( every body loves Mark Hamill's rendition, even if they get somebody just as good, it won't be the same for us ) ?

12. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    Loved both Arkham games, especially the first one. So looking forward to any Batman game Rocksteady is developing. The challenge for Rocksteady is to keep the next game stick to their formular, but still make it fresh.

13. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Conroy's gone for good, too? Man, now I'm just all sorts of sad.

14. Rockym

Member Rockym GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Holy Nostalgia! Maybe they'll get Adam West to do Batman's voice for this game. That would sooo rock. Maybe they can find someone who can do Cesar Romero's voice for the Joker too.

Also, Rocksteady has it very wrong and needs to check the history. Batman's first meeting with the Joker was in 1940 not in the 50s. That's the golden age.

15. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Adam West is pretty old now, it'd be kinda off like when Sean Connery voiced Bond in the From Russia With Love game. You could hear the voice but it was off because there was like a 40 year gap between his original role and the reprisal of it.

Plus I don't exactly see Rocksteady doing something as hokey as the Adam West era stuff. I doubt this will be as dark as the Arkham games but not as lighthearted as Lego Batman.

16. Rockym

Member Rockym GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I dunno, Adam's voice sounds almost the same when he's on Family Guy, so I thought it might be neat to hear him do Batman again hehe.

17. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Lego Batman is so much win... Im currently playing dc superheroes on my 3ds :P I was never even a fan of batman at all until I started watching the dark knight trilogy. Most other portrayals of batman (besides comic books) just didn't appeal to me.

18. Vampire Lied

Member Vampire Lied Resident sociopath

United States
    I like the sound of this. I just hope they don't stray from the more serious Batman. I'm more partial to the dark knight being a bit dark.

19. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I'm sorry, but how the hell are you supposed to make a video game based on somebody who is pretty much invincible in every single way? It wouldn't be right considering it's Superman. I mean, look at Superman Returns, the fucking city was the one with the health bar.

20. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    >Silver age of comics
    >Silver age
    They have no idea of the horrors they are about to unearth
    [​IMG]