Rocksteady reveals their newest game, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League

Play as the Suicide Squad, in Rocksteady’s latest game. Previously teased earlier this week, DC has officially announced Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, planned for launch in 2022 for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X, and PC. It’s an open-world game, with third-person shooter elements. You’ll be able to play as various members of the Suicide Squad, from Harley Quinn to Captain Boomerang, on your own, or in online co-op. The story takes place as a continuation of the Arkham series, though this time you’ll be playing as the bad guys, trying to take down Superman and the rest of the Justice League.

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of variety from the stale scripted combat they used on the Batman games.

Considering the last time they tried something like this we got a Gears of War clone in the multiplayer mode for Origins, it kind of has me wondering what they're gonna bring to the table, you know?

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
You shouldn't be surprised about this trailer. The game is coming out in 2022, so they're probably on the initial phases of development there is probably nothing to show, they're just hyping things up.

HarveyHouston

Christian Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm, another shooter... Would be better if there were more real-to-life investigation elements (a mystery game or puzzler) to buffer the constant mindless hack and slash.

Even DC Universe Online can get a bit boring, at times, because you're basically doing the same actions - whack enemies senseless, break stuff, collect goodies, whack the boss in an area, get his/her stuff, then level up so you can whack tougher enemies senseless, break more stuff, and grab more goodies... *groan!* I go in there infrequently. My main interest is the dialogue - it has some really good info on the DC characters and places, and you can collect audio clips and watch video segments that show each individual character's personality.

Seeing a bunch of people get maimed just so you can collect junk, with no good story or other mind-strengthening elements, just isn't my cup of tea. With this, even though it looks interesting, I'll more than likely pass on this one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-