1. 3,389

Front-page
    EAB027B9-5CCD-4B74-836D-8E52281CD544.jpeg

The elusive and oft-teased project that Rocksteady, developer of the Batman Arkham series, has been working on has finally been unveiled. A small teaser was put out, consisting of a picture of Superman with crosshairs pointed that say Suicide Squad, revealing what IP the studio has been working on for the past handful of years. A more official announcement and reveal will take place on August 22nd, during the DC FanDome event.

:arrow: Source

HylianBran, Xzi, Jiehfeng and 5 others like this.
  2. Discussion (23 replies)

3. gaga941021

gaga941021 GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    Superman is angery

hamohamo likes this.
  4. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    Here's hoping it's significantly better than the awful Suicide Squad film. The prospect of, potentially, a connected DC Video Game universe really excites me, at least

5. Chary

OP Chary Please read the OP
    Senior Editor

United States
    If it’s DC and it’s not a cartoon, my expectations are rock bottom from the outset now...

Xzi, yoyoyo69 and GABO1423 like this.
  6. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    Unfortunately, the first half of the Killing Joke proved that not even the animated projects are safe anymore

Ericzander, yoyoyo69, KooPako and 3 others like this.
  7. GABO1423

GABO1423 Vergación...

Venezuela
    I think that the DCAU set up such a high bar of quality that has barely been met ever again. We went from classics like the Batman, Superman, and Justice League animated series to movies like Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad.
    Regardless, I'm still grateful for the great series (and accompanying movies) that we got.
    I'm just hoping that Rocksteady does a better job storywise than Arkham Knight, and I'm especially hoping to not get an Arkham Knight PC port situation again.

8. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Regular

Everything that isn't a real-time movie DC makes is usually great. From videogames to cartoons to comics.

9. GABO1423

GABO1423 Vergación...

Venezuela
    While I agree that the latest DC Live-Action movies have not been that great, there are still some movies from DC that I enjoy a lot. Mainly Superman: The Movie (1978) and Batman (1980) as well as the Dark Knight Trilogy, which is awesome.

yoyoyo69 likes this.
  10. hamohamo

hamohamo GBAtemp Regular

Yea sure. I was talking about the past 6 years.

yoyoyo69 and GABO1423 like this.
  11. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    Honestly, when it comes to The Dark Knight, I attribute its excellence to the fact that WB and DC really just let Nolan do the job they hired him for. Now that they’re trying to establish a connected universe, it seems their directors don’t much matter because it’s the studios vision that matters

12. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Ugh, of all the DC stuff, why Suicide Squad? Those movies were fucking awful. Didn't the Harley Quin movie lose DC money?

AkiraKurusu and yoyoyo69 like this.
  13. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Sri Lanka
    Excited to see how this goes, I loved all the Arkham games.

RyRyIV likes this.
  14. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    If it did, it’s probably because of some major world crisis that began a month after it was released...

Birds of Prey was fine. One of the better DCEU films, and FAR superior to Suicide Squad.

Ericzander and GABO1423 like this.
  15. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Superman is so OP and annoying.
    Anyway, i didnt know there is a suicide squad 1st game

AkiraKurusu likes this.
  16. yoyoyo69

yoyoyo69 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Superman as a character is brilliant, when he's done correctly. Christopher Reeves was fantastic, god rest his soul.

The animations often capture his personality and story/ lore very well.

I like Henry Cavill, but I don't like his Superman character. I feel he's been told "we're dark", "we're darker than Marvel" and all of this has resulted in a poor representation.

Of course there's a lot of differing story arcs, timelines etc. All have different personalities.

I just feel Warner Bros were caught so much on the back foot by Marvels success, they thought they had to cut the corner to get to the finish line first.

They sacrificed so much, in order to "catch up" with Marvel, rather than concentrating on delivering top quality material which would forge it's own success.

Last edited by yoyoyo69, Aug 10, 2020
    Immortallix likes this.
  17. CPG

CPG twat

Canada
    uhh... okay?

the movie wasn't that great, not bad but not great,
    let's see how the game will turn out

18. Ophidion

Ophidion Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I loved the Arkham games, not sure how to feel about this one because I don't like/know the characters as much!

19. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    No way. Did you actually see the movie with a bit of a critical eye?
    The plot was a mess along with the standard story and female led cast that was nothing more than a wasted opportunity.
    Margot is a great Harley, but it seems to me that the movie tried to push the actress instead of the character.

Really, besides Harley, I can't even remember the other birds of prey.

And Ewan was just the best part of the train wreck. The second, was the hyena.

yoyoyo69 and kumikochan like this.
  20. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    Are people who are chalking up this game to be "ugh based on Suicide Squad" only basing their reaction on the movie?

Are they not aware Suicide Squad was a comic before a movie?

21. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser
    Contributor

United States
    I did indeed watch it with a critical eye. It’s not a perfect movie. In fact it’s not even much beyond the “fine” that I said. But its still far above the train wreck that is Suicide Squad.

I agree that it’s a missed opportunity, with a mess of a story (who really thought nonlinear storytelling was necessary for this? Pulp Fiction it is not.), and pretty tolerable writing. Most of its value comes from some cool action sequences, as well as great performances from Ewan and Margot specifically. But it’s still one of the better DCEU films, a franchise which had been pretty shit up until recently. Really I don’t think any DCEU film is much past “good” in the best case scenario

Ericzander and GABO1423 like this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Rocksteady, developer, confirms