Batman Arkham developer Rocksteady confirms new Suicide Squad game

EAB027B9-5CCD-4B74-836D-8E52281CD544.jpeg

The elusive and oft-teased project that Rocksteady, developer of the Batman Arkham series, has been working on has finally been unveiled. A small teaser was put out, consisting of a picture of Superman with crosshairs pointed that say Suicide Squad, revealing what IP the studio has been working on for the past handful of years. A more official announcement and reveal will take place on August 22nd, during the DC FanDome event.

:arrow: Source

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If it’s DC and it’s not a cartoon, my expectations are rock bottom from the outset now...
I think that the DCAU set up such a high bar of quality that has barely been met ever again. We went from classics like the Batman, Superman, and Justice League animated series to movies like Batman V Superman and Suicide Squad.
Regardless, I'm still grateful for the great series (and accompanying movies) that we got.
I'm just hoping that Rocksteady does a better job storywise than Arkham Knight, and I'm especially hoping to not get an Arkham Knight PC port situation again.

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Everything that isn't a real-time movie DC makes is usually great. From videogames to cartoons to comics.
While I agree that the latest DC Live-Action movies have not been that great, there are still some movies from DC that I enjoy a lot. Mainly Superman: The Movie (1978) and Batman (1980) as well as the Dark Knight Trilogy, which is awesome.

Reactions: yoyoyo69

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
While I agree that the latest DC Live-Action movies have not been that great, there are still some movies from DC that I enjoy a lot. Mainly Superman: The Movie (1978) and Batman (1980) as well as the Dark Knight Trilogy, which is awesome.
Honestly, when it comes to The Dark Knight, I attribute its excellence to the fact that WB and DC really just let Nolan do the job they hired him for. Now that they’re trying to establish a connected universe, it seems their directors don’t much matter because it’s the studios vision that matters

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, of all the DC stuff, why Suicide Squad? Those movies were fucking awful. Didn't the Harley Quin movie lose DC money?
If it did, it’s probably because of some major world crisis that began a month after it was released...

Birds of Prey was fine. One of the better DCEU films, and FAR superior to Suicide Squad.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Superman is so OP and annoying.
Anyway, i didnt know there is a suicide squad 1st game

Superman as a character is brilliant, when he's done correctly. Christopher Reeves was fantastic, god rest his soul.

The animations often capture his personality and story/ lore very well.

I like Henry Cavill, but I don't like his Superman character. I feel he's been told "we're dark", "we're darker than Marvel" and all of this has resulted in a poor representation.

Of course there's a lot of differing story arcs, timelines etc. All have different personalities.

I just feel Warner Bros were caught so much on the back foot by Marvels success, they thought they had to cut the corner to get to the finish line first.

They sacrificed so much, in order to "catch up" with Marvel, rather than concentrating on delivering top quality material which would forge it's own success.

Last edited by yoyoyo69,
Reactions: Immortallix

Ophidion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I loved the Arkham games, not sure how to feel about this one because I don't like/know the characters as much!

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Birds of Prey was fine. One of the better DCEU films, and FAR superior to Suicide Squad.
No way. Did you actually see the movie with a bit of a critical eye?
The plot was a mess along with the standard story and female led cast that was nothing more than a wasted opportunity.
Margot is a great Harley, but it seems to me that the movie tried to push the actress instead of the character.

Really, besides Harley, I can't even remember the other birds of prey.

And Ewan was just the best part of the train wreck. The second, was the hyena.

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Are people who are chalking up this game to be "ugh based on Suicide Squad" only basing their reaction on the movie?

Are they not aware Suicide Squad was a comic before a movie?

RyRyIV

Woke Clown
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No way. Did you actually see the movie with a bit of a critical eye?
The plot was a mess along with the standard story and female led cast that was nothing more than a wasted opportunity.
Margot is a great Harley, but it seems to me that the movie tried to push the actress instead of the character.

Really, besides Harley, I can't even remember the other birds of prey.

And Ewan was just the best part of the train wreck. The second, was the hyena.
I did indeed watch it with a critical eye. It’s not a perfect movie. In fact it’s not even much beyond the “fine” that I said. But its still far above the train wreck that is Suicide Squad.

I agree that it’s a missed opportunity, with a mess of a story (who really thought nonlinear storytelling was necessary for this? Pulp Fiction it is not.), and pretty tolerable writing. Most of its value comes from some cool action sequences, as well as great performances from Ewan and Margot specifically. But it’s still one of the better DCEU films, a franchise which had been pretty shit up until recently. Really I don’t think any DCEU film is much past “good” in the best case scenario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1