Hacking [NEWS] Atmosphere can now load HBL on all FW and Fusee to boot into OS soon*

• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 107,590
  • Replies 258
  • Likes 93

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, will this work on EVERY fw!?!??!

without hardmod!? i'm currently 501 since i was too hyped for star allies and updated.
Yes it will work on all fw with out hardmod but you still need to use a 3d printed jig or wire or paperclip or what ever you have to short pin 10 and 9 or 10 or 7 what ever it is you have to short with pin 10.

Reactions: JagXK8

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, the T210 has a max operating temp of 80C, Switch under load never goes beyond mid 60s, so there is some room for overclocking with the current cooler, I think the actual issue here is the voltage, the power control units are prob not as versatile as we would like, but we can definitely pump some more juice out of the system, and if we slap to some good old liquid metal on there we could take it even further :P
I don't think the 60º is real, because I have seen a video of a guy getting above 70Cº docked.

Most guys test with a laser thermometer on the cooler fins or with a thermal probe inside, but they put it in a place that its far from getting the real die temps, they just put it on the side of the SOC chip board which it self isolate quite a lot of heat.

Also at my friends house on his brand new Switch that lasted only a few days until it gave problems, on the dock the fan was spinning quite a damn lot and was coming so much hot air on his one, probably someone didnt put the thermal paste right on his one, no idea...

On my I7 2600K on air cooler at 4.9ghz also doesnt seem much hot, the cooler is so big that the upper part of it is just only a bit warm, the exit air also is probably around 60Cº and even on the base of the cooler doesn't seem to be more than 60Cº when my CPU is actually at almost 90Cº some times and at high voltage 4 years...

ps: But I think at least original clocks of tegra X1 from Nvidia Shield TV might be possible on the switch as I don't think nintendo would also go even more crapier than them on the VRM's, the problem is it really would require cooling mods and probably liquid metal compounds which I would never use on mine. Later when backups are possible I will try contacting a guy that made me a custom CNC cooler for my small laptop to see if he is willing to make a thick full copper backplate for my Switch.

Last edited by guily6669,

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
???? so spectre and meltdown are the motherboard manufacturers fault because they chose to support intel and amd cpus?
no, its nvidias fault not nintendos
The thing is though is this is a special mode in of it's self included on there

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to unscrew anything to apply the paper clip?
01729aa45305f88a2d690110d2dd0801.jpg

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
So, no taking anything apart, just follow the instructions in the inevitable guide? I'm on the latest FW, BTW
Correct, you just have to short out some pins using a paperclip, wire, etc and run some software from your computer (or phone) with a USB C cable. You'll probably want to invest in a 64GB or bigger SD card too as you'll want to backup your NAND (internal memory) and you'll be installing EmuNAND which will take at least 32GB of space.

Reactions: Green Hypnotic

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct, you just have to short out some pins using a paperclip, wire, etc and run some software from your computer (or phone) with a USB C cable. You'll probably want to invest in a 64GB or bigger SD card too as you'll want to backup your NAND (internal memory) and you'll be installing EmuNAND which will take at least 32GB of space.
Lucky me, I already have the 64 gb microsd card. I Just need to archive software.

Thanks!

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, all I need is my laptop (check), a 64 gb microsd card for NAND backup (check, just need to archive software), TegraRCMSmash (check), Zadig (check), and a USB A to C cable (Will order next week).

Anything else?

Salazar-DE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TegraRCMSmash was suggested for those with Windows.

And I can't compile anything Python for beans, so....

Ivellios

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I mostly lurk around here, but i just wanted to say thanks to the devs who are working on the CFW, you guys are amazing!

D

Deleted-442439

OP
That's super appreciated, but it's not a great tutorial for us... Less adept. Are you thinking of adding in-between steps to explain what programs are being opened, what libraries are imported with which commands and stuff like that?

Again, your tutorial is really helpful. I don't mean this as criticism.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I should dumb it down a bit have been planning to do it for a while, but never found time. Will get to it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/v3JULO-C70U