Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3 / Error while loading fss0

qohelet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I am quite a beginner and have found an old Switch online on which I tried to to install CFW and the Switch Stock OS parallel.
As apparently the tutorial by cfwaifu: switch-emunand is a little out of date I went with a recommendation from this Forum and used theTutorial by rentry: EristaEmuNAND

Related to the versions I tried to use the most current version possible:

• atmosphere-1.4.0-master-36a33617a+hbl-2.4.3+hbmenu-3.5.1
  • hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0_Nyx_1.4.0
(both from Github)
  • signature patches (18.10.2022 from wiidatabase.de)

After installing everything according to this manual I can't start Atmosphere CFW or the Stock Os. Everything worked during the installation process as supposed to - except for the very last steps:
  • Place your SD card back into your PC and move back any previously deleted files into your SD card.
  • Now, place your SD card back into your switch, and press the power button.
I honestly don't know what is expected from me to put on the SD card when the process is finished.

When launching Atmosphere CFW I get the following Error:
Code:
A fatal error occurred when running Fusée.
Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3

Press POWER to reboot

When launching Stock SysNAND it's this one.
Code:
Error while loading fss0
atmosphere/package3
Wrong ini cfg or missing/corrupt files!

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...

The SD card currently has two folders: bootloader and emuMMC. Inside bootloader the file hekate_ipl.ini is still as from the tutorial.

I have just redone it, step-by-step, downloaded all the files again and ran into the same issue.

What to do now? What could have gone wrong? (Well, everything, but from my point as a beginner it's quite difficult to see)

Switch starts with XAJ400180...

qohelet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I'm sorry if I post this twice, I'm still a little unsure how this forum works.

Ok, here's an update. I googled and apparently with the steps that I didn't understand I was supposed to re-unzip the three archives onto the SD-Card.
Now it works.
However... I am not sure what to do with that.
I selected Atmosphere CFW from hekate, got an Atmosphere bootsceen, then a Nintendo Switch Bootscreen - and the console started into the Stock OS. Restarting gives me the Atmosphere-Logo and then the switch boots back into the StockOs.
I can't start the console any more regularly (the tinfoil-RCM (hommade) is still in place - when was I supposed to remove it?).
However I can start the console with TegraRCM into Hekate. Also, when it's plugged into my notbook Hkeate 5.9 starts.
What exactly is happening here?

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry if I post this twice, I'm still a little unsure how this forum works.

Ok, here's an update. I googled and apparently with the steps that I didn't understand I was supposed to re-unzip the three archives onto the SD-Card.
Now it works.
However... I am not sure what to do with that.
I selected Atmosphere CFW from hekate, got an Atmosphere bootsceen, then a Nintendo Switch Bootscreen - and the console started into the Stock OS. Restarting gives me the Atmosphere-Logo and then the switch boots back into the StockOs.
I can't start the console any more regularly (the tinfoil-RCM (hommade) is still in place - when was I supposed to remove it?).
However I can start the console with TegraRCM into Hekate. Also, when it's plugged into my notbook Hkeate 5.9 starts.
What exactly is happening here?
Its really late I'm about to go to bed so I dont know if I will get round to replying in full tonight but please for the love of god get the tinfoil out. It is only to enter RCM you take your 'jig' out when you let go of the other buttons. Turn on AutoRCM in hekate and buy a proper jig.

Also are you sure it was stock OS? Atmosphere doesn't look any different on the face of it. Think if you look in system settings at the software version AMS will be part of the version string if you are in Atmosphere.

Edit:

Seeing as you followed the guide on rentry you likely already have autoRCM enabled and this is why your console only starts up in RCM mode now when you turn it on. You can disable this by turning autoRCM off, but theres not really any reason too.

Last edited by User154,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am quite a beginner and have found an old Switch online on which I tried to to install CFW and the Switch Stock OS parallel.
As apparently the tutorial by cfwaifu: switch-emunand is a little out of date I went with a recommendation from this Forum and used theTutorial by rentry: EristaEmuNAND

Related to the versions I tried to use the most current version possible:

• atmosphere-1.4.0-master-36a33617a+hbl-2.4.3+hbmenu-3.5.1
  • hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0_Nyx_1.4.0
(both from Github)
  • signature patches (18.10.2022 from wiidatabase.de)

After installing everything according to this manual I can't start Atmosphere CFW or the Stock Os. Everything worked during the installation process as supposed to - except for the very last steps:

I honestly don't know what is expected from me to put on the SD card when the process is finished.

When launching Atmosphere CFW I get the following Error:
Code:
A fatal error occurred when running Fusée.
Failed to open sdmc:/atmosphere/package3

Press POWER to reboot

When launching Stock SysNAND it's this one.
Code:
Error while loading fss0
atmosphere/package3
Wrong ini cfg or missing/corrupt files!

Failed to launch HOS!

Press any key...

The SD card currently has two folders: bootloader and emuMMC. Inside bootloader the file hekate_ipl.ini is still as from the tutorial.

I have just redone it, step-by-step, downloaded all the files again and ran into the same issue.

What to do now? What could have gone wrong? (Well, everything, but from my point as a beginner it's quite difficult to see)

Switch starts with XAJ400180...
You don't have the atmosphere folder? Seems like you forgot to extract Atmosphere to the SD.

Reactions: binkinator

qohelet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Its really late I'm about to go to bed so I dont know if I will get round to replying in full tonight but please for the love of god get the tinfoil out. It is only to enter RCM you take your 'jig' out when you let go of the other buttons. Turn on AutoRCM in hekate and buy a proper jig.
Tinfoil is out. The switch still doesn't start when I press the Power button. AutoCRM is set as by the instructions in the Tutorial.

>Atmosphere doesn't look any different on the face of it. Think if you look in system settings at the software version AMS will be part of the version string if you are in Atmosphere.

How would I know which OS I started/have running?
Post automatically merged:

You don't have the atmosphere folder? Seems like you forgot to extract Atmosphere to the SD.
I assume something like this happened. As said I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do with the SD Card after the process is finished.

However both OS boot into the same system now. Just one has an Atmosphere bootscreen.

The switch however doesn't turn on any more without the order of TegraRCM. It requires to be plugged into the notebook.

The foil is out now. No change however

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tinfoil is out. The switch still doesn't start when I press the Power button. AutoCRM is set as by the instructions in the Tutorial.

>Atmosphere doesn't look any different on the face of it. Think if you look in system settings at the software version AMS will be part of the version string if you are in Atmosphere.

How would I know which OS I started/have running?

I assume something like this happened. As said I'm not really sure what I am supposed to do with the SD Card after the process is finished.

However both OS boot into the same system now. Just one has an Atmosphere bootscreen.

The switch however doesn't turn on any more without the order of TegraRCM. It requires to be plugged into the notebook.

The foil is out now. No change however

AutoRCM means the switch will not start normally now when you press the power button, it will start in RCM mode instead. If you are not happy with this you can turn autoRCM off, and it will start normally when you press the power button. You will however need to use a jig to enter RCM anytime you want to use CFW if you do this.

If you look at the screenshot here:
https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/sysnand/launching_cfw/

You can see that after the system version nunber it says AMS and then a version number. This means that it has booted into Atmosphere.

qohelet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
AutoRCM means the switch will not start normally now when you press the power button, it will start in RCM mode instead. If you are not happy with this you can turn autoRCM off, and it will start normally when you press the power button. You will however need to use a jig to enter RCM anytime you want to use CFW if you do this.
Ok, understandable. I would like to select the OS that I wish to start when I turn the switch on.
How would I do that? Is there a tutorial?

Or what would be your recommendation for me to do after this setup?

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, understandable. I would like to select the OS that I wish to start when I turn the switch on.

if your hekate_ipl.ini is the same as the guide told you, then when you click launch in hekate you choose what to load.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

It's not quite that simple. If you want to boot into OFW, you boot normally. If you want to boot CFW, you use the jig+dongle. You can't simply get a boot menu without using AutoRCM or a jig + dongle, unless you use an internal mod.

qohelet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
if your hekate_ipl.ini is the same as the guide told you, then when you click launch in hekate you choose what to load.
The problem is that I can't start the Switch

It's not quite that simple. If you want to boot into OFW, you boot normally. If you want to boot CFW, you use the jig+dongle. You can't simply get a boot menu without using AutoRCM or a jig + dongle, unless you use an internal mod.

So how would I get this mod?

marhalloweenvt

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to (at some point) start the switch without being plugged to a computer
If you don't want to plug into computer injecting payload everytime you boot ur custom FW, you have some options:
  1. Buy a RCM dongle (ex: RCM loader One dongle)
  2. Internal mod chip with Trinket M0 (link)
  3. A Android phone and a Jig
This is ways to workaround of "COMPUTER", you still need to "PLUG" something into the C port of the switch.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to (at some point) start the switch without being plugged to a computer
If you don't want to plug into computer injecting payload everytime you boot ur custom FW, you have some options:
This is ways to workaround of "COMPUTER", you still need to "PLUG" something into the C port of the switch.
To add, the Android app you will use to inject the payload(s) is Rekado. You may also need to purchase a USB OTG adapter/cable, if you don't already have one, so that you may use your Android device as the host device for payload injection. The OTG adapter/cable will need to be plugged into the Android device so that it will assume the host role. If your primary mobile device is an Android, it becomes a very convenient payload injector.

Also, below is a link to the Rentry Guide going over the different options you have available for payload injection or launching.

https://rentry.org/SwitchPayloadLaunch

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
To add, the Android app you will use to inject the payload(s) is Rekado. You may also need to purchase a USB OTG adapter/cable, if you don't already have one, so that you may use your Android device as the host device for payload injection. The OTG adapter/cable will need to be plugged into the Android device so that it will assume the host role. If your primary mobile device is an Android, it becomes a very convenient payload injector.

Also, below is a link to the Rentry Guide going over the different options you have available for payload injection or launching.

https://rentry.org/SwitchPayloadLaunch
Worth nothing that a regular USB-C to C cable, while it seems like it would work, probably won't. OTG cables contain some extra hardware that tell the devices which side should act as host and which side should act as client.

qohelet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Isn't there a better way to have dual boot on startup?

Trinket M0 is your answer if you don't want to connect to any computer, phone or payload dongle.
Hm, that does seem to be an ok compromise. Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock