Hacking [NEWS] Atmosphere can now load HBL on all FW and Fusee to boot into OS soon*

• Thread starter Deleted-442439
  • Start date
  • Views 107,331
  • Replies 258
  • Likes 93

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know but the discussion was about having to always short pin 10, which is not true because of auto rcm mode
Just read up on AutoRCM and it involves corrupting boot0 so basically AutoRCM is actually bricking your Switch. ReSwitched considered releasing this exploit too, supposedly, but deemed it too dangerous for further work-up. Also, they have not said a lick about a way to reverse this, although it is theoretically possible. So just know that if you do go the AutoRCM portion, you cannot use your Switch without their dongle or something to tether to because now your Switch will never turn on properly.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can also disconnect eMMC so rcm will always be triggered with every boot.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, they have not said a lick about a way to reverse this

If by 'they' you mean TX, then yes they did:

"Please note: With the AutoRCM feature installed, your Switch will only boot up with the SX Pro Dongle inserted or by any other USB-C launching method currently available. Once booted, you can always uninstall AutoRCM through SX OS."

Reactions: killplaystation

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If by 'they' you mean TX, then yes they did:

"Please note: With the AutoRCM feature installed, your Switch will only boot up with the SX Pro Dongle inserted or by any other USB-C launching method currently available. Once booted, you can always uninstall AutoRCM through SX OS."
I knew I should have paid more attention their FAQ :P It also makes sense that you would use their tool to uninstall this exploit since they are the ones actively branding it. Now I'm wondering if someone from the community will release AutoRCM for the few who don't mind a bricked Switch if it involves not shorting anymore pins

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
thats the stupidest way of booting
who would want to do that?
Hahaha just saying man. They were arguing about autorcm. That's one way of automating rcm. Also, you can actually use that method once you have emunand. Not recommended tho. Lol.

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahaha just saying man. They were arguing about autorcm. That's one way of automating rcm. Also, you can actually use that method once you have emunand. Not recommended tho. Lol.

ya just brick you system so your in autoRCM

that is a joke for any1 with ideas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)