• Replies 20
  • Likes 1

VC1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get an update software error when trying to play the DLC Part 2.
I have everything updated to version 17.0.0. Does it only work on the firmware 17.0.1?

Update 3/10/24: I am on 17.0.1 now, still the same error. Going to uninstall and reinstall the game, and then inject the DLC files to see if that fixes it.

Follow up 3/13/24: It works now. Question resolved.

Last edited by VC1,
Reactions: buzzbuzz20xx

buzzbuzz20xx

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
hi i am having the same issue ! Error Code: 2162-0101

i can't even access the train station

i have the game on 7.0.0. and i have all the DLC installed, i don't know what's wrong ? did you solve the issue ?

Reactions: VC1

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Highlight the Splatoon 3 game icon, push the + button, then "Check for updates". It will download the v7.0.0 update, containing Side Order. Took about 6 mins to download on my fast 1Gig Wi-Fi.

Check to see if you have a pending system update as well.

lucas millington

Trophies
XP
Country
Highlight the Splatoon 3 game icon, push the + button, then "Check for updates". It will download the v7.0.0 update, containing Side Order. Took about 6 mins to download on my fast 1Gig Wi-Fi.

Check to see if you have a pending system update as well.
op already said they had downloaded the 7.0 update so that obviously is not the issue, to play the dlc you need to go into the eshop and download the side order expansion

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
op already said they had downloaded the 7.0 update so that obviously is not the issue, to play the dlc you need to go into the eshop and download the side order expansion
I don't remember having to do this, I just updated the game and it worked. But I believe you're right.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't have the DLC to check, but NxFileViewer reports 17.0.1 is required for the 7.0 Splatoon update. I imagine the new DLC is the same. Maybe use something like Tinfoil to bypass FW requirement? I dunno. I always just stay updated so I've never used that feature in Tinfoil or otherwise.

Clipboard_02-22-2024_01.png

Reactions: Blythe93 and VC1

VC1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have the DLC to check, but NxFileViewer reports 17.0.1 is required for the 7.0 Splatoon update. I imagine the new DLC is the same. Maybe use something like Tinfoil to bypass FW requirement? I dunno. I always just stay updated so I've never used that feature in Tinfoil or otherwise.

View attachment 421761
Thanks!

Reactions: RedColoredStars

DaMegaTaco

Trophies
Website
nookazon.com
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same issue... I have all the most recent firmware and updates yet it still tells me I need to update when I go to the train station. The weird thing is when I update the game without the DLC it says I need to go to the e-shop, but when I quit and install the update again it still says I need to update the game again. Anyone know whats going on and how to fix it?

Entryjyt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get an update software error when trying to play the DLC Part 2.
I have everything updated to version 17.0.0. Does it only work on the firmware 17.0.1?

Update: will just wait a while to try updating firmware, Atmosphere and everything again. The 17.0.1 does not seem stable yet.
Did you check the eshop? Go to the redownload section of the eshop, and check if Splatoon 3 is there. I had the issue as well, so I checked the redownload section of the eshop, and I saw Splatoon 3. I clicked Splatoon 3 to redownload and it worked. I was playing Side order.

DaMegaTaco

Trophies
Website
nookazon.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you check the eshop? Go to the redownload section of the eshop, and check if Splatoon 3 is there. I had the issue as well, so I checked the redownload section of the eshop, and I saw Splatoon 3. I clicked Splatoon 3 to redownload and it worked. I was playing Side order.

What if you can't use the eshop because you'll get banned?

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are you suggesting to people who use CFW to access the eshop???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto