Gaming New WiiWare news

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From The Magic Box

- Nintendo revealed some new tidbits on WiiWare:

* Most WiiWare games will have a budget around US$100,000 or less
* Each game will have a max size of 40MB presently
* Nintendo pays developers more quickly if the file size is as small as possible
* Ten WiiWare games are under development
* Developer can determine the price of WiiWare titles
* Each developer is allowed to publish only one game per month, the reason is to ensure game quality

Nintendo is pushing small game sizes? Hooray?
unsure.gif

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm, what about the new final fantasy chronicles? i'm guessing it's a huge games, unless it's just some side mini quest thing. that would kind of suck lol. idk, hopefully they can fit everything in 40mb. i would think at least like 130ish because of a NDS Game. Idk

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmmmm, what about the new final fantasy chronicles? i'm guessing it's a huge games, unless it's just some side mini quest thing. that would kind of suck lol. idk, hopefully they can fit everything in 40mb. i would think at least like 130ish because of a NDS Game. Idk

The FF:CC WiiWare game is basically a "make your own village" game. You place houses and stuff.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This news is a few days old, the 40MB limit thing was a cockup by someone. Nintendo is ENCOURAGING smaller sizes, but there's no real limit.
Although I'm sure Nintendo would object if the games started hitting the gigabytes.
tongue.gif

[EDIT]

Gosh darn it legendofphil, don't post while I'm posting. XD

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The solution is simple then...find another radioactive spider. Come on, get to it!

Anyway, I'm personally hoping for some shmups to come out of WiiWare. I am in sore need of them and I don't want to invest in a 360 quite yet until all those RROD horror stories are done away with. >.>;;
Ideally something Touhou-like...mhmm, bullet hell...

andreq

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
Developer can determine the price of WiiWare titles

Oh thank god!!!

Yeah...

Dev price + Nintendo profit marging = WiiWare price... eg :

Dev want $2 (why not) + Nintendo want at least $5 Price = $7...

Dev want $7 + Nintendo want $5...but don't want high price... Dev get $4... and nintendo $5... price = $9

Who's fucked... DEV and USER....

and I'll be in both camp soon

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm my 2 favorite games on Xbox Live Arcade are smaller than 40mb in size...I can't see that as a problem.

I don't think the size will be the problem, I think the problem will be Nintendo's so-called "quality control". I assume these games will be approved with the Nintendo Seal, I mean if they let garbage like popcorn arcade/conspiracy entertainment the license to release garbage on 4.7GB DVDs, who knows how many similar companies will just do the same.

Still having said that, it may even enforce quality control with it being so small in size. I'm sitting on the fence for this one. I hope it turns out good, but we'll see. I guess you're not obligated to any extent to buy. Ok may be it'll be good.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't think the size will be the problem, I think the problem will be Nintendo's so-called "quality control". I assume these games will be approved with the Nintendo Seal, I mean if they let garbage like popcorn arcade/conspiracy entertainment the license to release garbage on 4.7GB DVDs, who knows how many similar companies will just do the same.

Still having said that, it may even enforce quality control with it being so small in size. I'm sitting on the fence for this one. I hope it turns out good, but we'll see. I guess you're not obligated to any extent to buy. Ok may be it'll be good.

And that's the thing, people keep saying that the Wii gets tons of crappy games...and it does, but it was the same for the SNES and it was the same for the Playstation, the Wii will get good games with the time, people seems to forget that Geometry Wars was the funniest thing to play on the 360 for a long time.

Time will tell
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...