• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New UK Prime Minister. 2022 edition. Liz Truss, conservative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap. It happened. 🤣
Post automatically merged:

Yeah no, this is the excuse of alt-right fanboys who really think they know better.
Alt-Right? That's when I know people are out of originality. 😆

That pathetic side of the right hasn't been relevant since 2017ish, yet folks still use that term as if it means anything anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A reasonably impressive speedrun there.

Wonder what will go this time. Doubt they will call an election until they have to which means another leadership race. Not sure they have anybody waiting in the wings or with enough charisma to carry something if the previous one was some kind of stalling tactic/flush out.

Of the previous lot then I guess by default it will go to Mr Sunak. If I had to pick from all of them (and apparently interest in running again) then I think Kemi Badenoch impressed me most (though still politician so eh).

Boris Johnson is being floated as coming back. Don't think a few months penance would be enough there, and he was weak as you like when in before despite having it all able to be forced through on a whim if he wanted, but percentages seem quite high in polling.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My mate and I were just talking about this and he raised the idea of Boris coming back and saying 'vote for me and I'll call a GE', almost to prove he could win even then. Cocky bastard probably would as well.

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1666282964715.png

No surprise. She already said she would be ready to launch nukes in retaliation with no hesitation, and her tax policies were just more cuts for the super wealthy. The only thing impressive about her is how fast she left office.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 332873

No surprise. She already said she would be ready to launch nukes in retaliation with no hesitation, and her tax policies were just more cuts for the super wealthy. The only thing impressive about her is how fast she left office.
To be fair, she was setup to fail from the get-go. All she did was adhere to her party's playbook, it's simply a totally worthless and detrimental playbook, especially given where the UK's economy is sitting currently. Her other option was to adopt policies more closely representing those of Labour, which would've pleased everybody else but angered her own party. And then there surely would've been calls to oust her from within anyway. A lose-lose scenario in every sense, and I don't see her successor faring any better in the run up to the election.

Reactions: ILuvGames

Delerious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be fair, she was setup to fail from the get-go. All she did was adhere to her party's playbook, it's simply a totally worthless and detrimental playbook, especially given where the UK's economy is sitting currently. Her other option was to adopt policies more closely representing those of Labour, which would've pleased everybody else but angered her own party. And then there surely would've been calls to oust her from within anyway. A lose-lose scenario in every sense, and I don't see her successor faring any better in the run up to the election.

True. It's pretty much how politics are these days in much of the western world. Loyalty to the party and all that junk forces you to play by their rules if you want their support.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem and Xzi

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My mate and I were just talking about this and he raised the idea of Boris coming back and saying 'vote for me and I'll call a GE', almost to prove he could win even then. Cocky bastard probably would as well.

His approval is at -36 FYI. And I'm sure if the tories put him back as PM he'd just backstab them all, and would likely lose his seat.

Reactions: Xzi

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Nothing will change, as the ruling party keeps the power, unless I'm misinformed. The newspaper here is telling that there is no obligation of new elections, and the craziest part is that the current leading party chooses when election will take place. So why on earth they will call an election when their popularity is low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1