i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that was a really good argument you just proved him wrong definitely
Realistically tho, as someone who spends an inordinate amount of time in trans spaces. I have never seen that - which makes me think the term has probably been used before but far from universal.

UK has some bad and some good, and NHS is honestly better about gender confirming treatment than a lot of the US when it comes to compensation. I think the term is not very popular but feel free to correct me if you have seen it used regularly.

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
Realistically tho, as someone who spends an inordinate amount of time in trans spaces. I have never seen that - which makes me think the term has probably been used before but far from universal.

UK has some bad and some good, and NHS is honestly better about gender confirming treatment than a lot of the US when it comes to compensation. I think the term is not very popular but feel free to correct me if you have seen it used regularly.
invasive surgical proceedures are optional, but if you live in vrchat or the internet you can forget about your physical inadequate body and portray yourself as your ideal avatar.

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why I like the Uk:

- Classy brits are my favorite people in the world
- Rain
- BBC
- The only place in Europe where everyone speaks English

Why I dislike the Uk:

- They drive on the left side of the road
- Chavs
- Rape gangs
- There's something like 1 CCTV every 10 people just in London. You'd think it would be the safest place on earth, but no. God no
- You are defenseless (no sticks, no pepper spray, no bats) but it's not that rare to hear people getting stabbed
- Being EU's pain in the ass for decades until they left

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why I like the Uk:

- Classy brits are my favorite people in the world
- Rain
- BBC
- The only place in Europe where everyone speaks English

Why I dislike the Uk:

- They drive on the left side of the road
- Chavs
- Rape gangs
- There's something like 1 CCTV every 10 people just in London. You'd think it would be the safest place on earth, but no. God no
- You are defenseless (no sticks, no pepper spray, no bats) but it's not that rare to hear people getting stabbed
- Being EU's pain in the ass for decades until they left
Fun fact, Ireland has a greater percentage of people who speak English as their first language than the UK

Reactions: Seriel

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
UK is fine today, really, besides being a monarchy, it is fine. Economical crisis come and go, that's just how it works since forever.

Their past tho... oh that past is UGLY, there is more crimes than anyone can count in a lifetime. Not that I want they do any kind of reparation or anything like that, but it would be cool if they admitted that some day in an official way.

About yesterday's events, my opinion on queen's passing away is that nothing will change, nothing change now, nothing change on long run. People are declaring independence of everything today, but it is not like that. It is strange when the opinion that nothing will change is the opinion of the minority but that's where we are now.

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Back in the day I was on a train with my ex, i had a rolled up poster with me.
It slipped out of my hand and bumped into an old man.
I said "oh i'm sorry"
He said "Yeah you will be"
I wish I'm joking but I'm not.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I can give you a pretty qualified overview of the UK, but it's kind of hard to do it objectively because I've lived here almost my entire life.

Even now with the absolute shit show going on, we generally enjoy a high quality of life. Travel is obviously quite easy since we're small. "Bri'ish food" is a meme but our food standards are very good and the weird shit like jellied eels is very niche, we eat a lot of the same stuff that you'd find across Europe and the US.

Brits have a reputation for being mega polite but that's kind of a lie. Social interaction in Britain is a nuanced dance of very particular manners and politeness of speech, but many
British people are actually incredibly fucking petty and they'll shake their head at the slightest inconvenience, even if they caused it themselves.

We're also swimming with bigots and I recognise that as a cis white male bearing no disabilities of any kind, so fuck knows what it's like to live here if you deviate from absolute down the line 'normalcy'.

Pubs are an awesome part of our culture and when both me and my sister have lived abroad, we've missed them deeply.

Our government is obviously an absolute circus right now and our culture has become more politically divided than ever, much like the US, which is a shame but it's a sign of the times I guess.

People who pity us for not having guns are woefully misguided, it's a very good thing. Feel free to challenge me on that.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. In summary we could be a lot better but we could also be a hell of a lot worse. I think many people in the UK take the conditions of our countries for granted and don't realise how good we've got it, even as things get gradually worse.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Considering the prices, I recommend you reconsider.
High quality of life or travel? I think the former is still true because we do, relative to some, but for the latter yeah that's fair especially if we're talking trains. Trains are just...ungodly. And Europe does them so well! How did we fuck up rail so badly?

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
High quality of life or travel? I think the former is still true because we do, relative to some, but for the latter yeah that's fair especially if we're talking trains. Trains are just...ungodly. And Europe does them so well! How did we fuck up rail so badly?
As an American it is always odd to me when Yookers refer to Europe as a distinct entity

YooK is still part of Europe - I know you likely mean EU

• Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Deleted member 608654

A scarlet letter
OP
Trophies
XP
Blame rail privatisation, part of thatchers Americanization of britain.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
YooK is still part of Europe - I know you likely mean EU
Yet you couldn’t pass up a chance to be pedantic, eh? I meant ‘the rest of Europe’, hope my post now passes the technical accuracy threshold 🙏🏻
Post automatically merged:

Brits feel american than European, or at least a very special subset of europeans.
Yeah, no, we definitely don’t feel American by any stretch. Not sure what corner of your arse you managed to pull that from :rofl:

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet you couldn’t pass up a chance to be pedantic, eh? I meant ‘the rest of Europe’, hope my post now passes the technical accuracy threshold 🙏🏻
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, no, we definitely don’t feel American by any stretch. Not sure what corner of your arse you managed to pull that from :rofl:
Dark_Ansem is also a Yooker, so maybe that's his opinion

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-