Hacking New TX SX Information: New FAQs and Homebrew Support Confirmed for Launch

thequickbrownfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can just get Xecuter SX OS if you own a USB-C and jig, no need for Xecuter SX Pro if you don't mind installing from a PC, android or whatever you have.
I contacted Team-Xecuter to see if you need the Xecuter SX Pro to use Xecuter SX OS and the said.

Finally! First important question answered! A few hundred to go!

So. We can use SX OS with our jigs and devices. Now people can stop spreading misinformation!

Reactions: matias3ds

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ahh, thanks ! You're right, i've heard about that.

Buying accounts is just stupid ^^
But also Bans are por those gamers that choose to play online and will pay for the online fee ,, i dont like playing online except maybe for mario kart every now and then .
So no risk for the players that stays offline

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But also Bans are por those gamers that choose to play online and will pay for the online fee ,, i dont like playing online except maybe for mario kart every now and then .
So no risk for the players that stays offline

Me either....

I'll try to avoid bans as far as i can (using cfw only on emunand and stay offline)....

But it won't be a big loss if it happens. I don't play online

I bought the switch for singleplayer games (Zelda, Mario ...)

Reactions: matias3ds

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Me either....

I'll try to avoid bans as far as i can (using cfw only on emunand and stay offline)....

But it won't be a big loss if it happens. I don't play online

I bought the switch for singleplayer games (Zelda, Mario ...)
And its great that the os its only $25 , at least here in Argentina Shipping custom and delays are the worst , and if you want it fast its really expensive ,, to know that i will only have to donwload the os license to a usb is great , no waiting periods or checking online when the package was sent , arrived at airpost arrived at destination and so on and on

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
And its great that the os its only $25 , at least here in Argentina Shipping custom and delays are the worst , and if you want it fast its really expensive ,, to know that i will only have to donwload the os license to a usb is great , no waiting periods or checking online when the package was sent , arrived at airpost arrived at destination and so on and on

Yes, no shipping times for the OS-only solution.

I'll just wait until the 15th of june and order one, in case that no free solution is available (Atmosphere).

Preordering doesn't make sense for a digital product.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
well we don't know if the Tx OS license has an expiration and they want you to renew it. I'm sure in time Atmosphere will be the Luma of the switch. Meaning nothing will be better than it.
I just hope for a tool like wii u usb helper ,, it made much easier to get the games , no torrents , no links , no captchas !!
Just select the game that you want and ,,,, Bang it started the download right in the same moment , and quite fast

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope for a tool like wii u usb helper ,, it made much easier to get the games , no torrents , no links , no captchas !!
Just select the game that you want and ,,,, Bang it started the download right in the same moment , and quite fast
well considering that the creator of wiiu usbhelper shut down the whole project for "personal reasons" tells me nintendo got to him so I don't expect anything like it for the switch.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well we don't know if the Tx OS license has an expiration and they want you to renew it. I'm sure in time Atmosphere will be the Luma of the switch. Meaning nothing will be better than it.

The official FAQ states that licenses are lifetime licenses and include all future updates for the product.

ehnoah

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Finally FAQ, and we can use Windows PC to load it hype!
Still missing, if Odysee for example require 3.0.1 or if we can launch it on 3.0

Last edited by ehnoah,

phonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This confirms my suspicions that the TX tools will actually BRICK your Nintendo Switch in a predictable fashion so that it always boots into RCM (so you don't need the jig on every boot). Since they are bricking it on purpose, you can (supposedly) remove the bricking code with the SXOS provided you don't lose your dongle. This also means that if you forget your dongle at home and your Switch crashes or runs out of battery, it will be completely unusable until you can run the payload on it again.
@SonyUSA except the FAQ posted explicitly says ....
Please note: With the AutoRCM feature installed, your Switch will only boot up with the SX Pro Dongle inserted or by any other USB-C launching method currently available. Once booted, you can always uninstall AutoRCM through SX OS.

Am I missing something? Even if you "lose the dongle" you can still do it via the common USB-C method (PC/Android). .... .... .... supposedly :P

Last edited by phonz,
Reactions: PrincessLillie

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can´t wait, I pre ordered one!

Questions:

Can you backup your own games with this?

Can you backup your Switch's NAND or reset to a pre hacked state?

Can you use your existing saves on backups?

If all has been answered sorry i didn't notice...

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SonyUSA except the FAQ posted explicitly says ....

Am I missing something? Even if you "lose the dongle" you can still do it via the common USB-C method (PC/Android). .... .... .... supposedly :P

Furthermore, they point out that you don't have to install the OS and can launch the Switch everytime with the tool and dongle, thereby still allowing you to boot your Switch normally if you didn't bring it with you. They're giving us options, so I'm really not sure why that's something to complain about.

Reactions: phonz

ghorricks

Trophies
Website
en.wikipedia.org
XP
Country
United States
I did a thread search which did not find the answer to the question I have.

Q1. Is there a way to use the dongle while the switch is docked? - I use it mainly docked and don't want to keep removing it.
Q2. Does the OS allow for standby? - didn't search for that! It would make Q1 a little less annoying.

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a thread search which did not find the answer to the question I have.

Q1. Is there a way to use the dongle while the switch is docked? - I use it mainly docked and don't want to keep removing it.
Q2. Does the OS allow for standby? - didn't search for that! It would make Q1 a little less annoying.

No and yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.