New Super Mario Maker 2 update adds Link as a playable character, along with the Master Sword

In an unexpected content update, Link, from The Legend of Zelda, joins in on the platforming fun in Super Mario Maker 2. More content is also on the way, including Spike, who can toss projectiles, tall Pokeys, frozen coins, which are blocks with coins inside that thaw with fire, P block, a Ninji speedrun mode, and dash blocks (exclusive to the Super Mario 3D World stages). The Master Sword will also be added as a new powerup, which will turn Mario into Link, complete with sword-swinging, shield-using, and even bomb-tossing. This new update will go live on December 5th, free to all Super Mario Maker 2 players.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Awesome sounding features. Yet still I'm sure there'll be people who will maintain that SMM2 isn't a significant update over the original.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Master Sword power up in a MM game!? Hoping there is some sort of crossover in Link's Awakening's Dungeon maker. Could be from Mario or some other Nintendo franchise.

Also, Ninji Speedruns looks a lot like Mario Royale (RIP btw).

ElonStark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I was not expecting this sort of FREE update for SMM2. I saw a lot of people in the twitch community predicting a DLC soon but most seemed to think it would cost to use for content creation. Getting it all for free, for all players is fantastic. This is by far my favorite nintendo switch game and it just keeps getting better.

Reactions: banjo2

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What a great surprise. The core game is pretty solid, but it's fun to see things shake up like this every now and then. Especially looking forward to the master sword :)

Reactions: banjo2

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
What a god tier game, wtf. That update is amazing. Everything sounds awesome. Link alone will lead to thousands of new level ideas.

Damn I hope they keep this up.
Now I just really want a Pikachu update to see what they could do with Pokemon lol. Imagine all the neat possibilities and endless hours of content they could add to the game to keep it relevant for YEARS if they kept this up every few months, adding characters like Samus or something! Just when momentum kinda peters out for the game, bam, new update to bring it back into the public interest during the christmas season where kids are all home from school and playing games for hours on end.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5