Super Mario Maker 2 lets you make your own worlds in the new World Maker Update

There's a major update coming to Super Mario Maker 2; the final update, to be exact. New in this soon-to-be-released patch is a World Maker, among other things. Shown off in a newly uploaded trailer is the Super Mario 2 Mushroom, which allows you to stand on and pick up enemies, just like you could in Super Mario Bros. 2 in the west. The Frog Suit is also a new-old powerup, allowing you to run on top of water and swim quickly, while the Power Balloon lets Mario float like a balloon through levels. Numerous other "wearable" powerups also bring in old abilities from previous Mario titles too. Bowser's Koopalings are also back as well.

The biggest feature of this update, however, is the World Maker. It'll allow you to create your own Mario Worlds, where you can connect multiple custom courses in their own little 2D overworld. You can combine 8 worlds and 40 courses together in this mode. The World Maker Update goes live soon, on April 22nd.

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

There's a major update coming to Super Mario Maker 2; the final update, to be exact. New in this soon-to-be-released patch is a World Maker, among other things. Shown off in a newly uploaded trailer is the Super Mario 2 Mushroom, which allows you to stand on and pick up enemies, just like you could in Super Mario Bros. 2 in the west. The Frog Suit is also a new-old powerup, allowing you to run on top of water and swim quickly, while the Power Balloon lets Mario float like a balloon through levels. Numerous other "wearable" powerups also bring in old abilities from previous Mario titles too. Bowser's Koopalings are also back as well.

The biggest feature of this update, however, is the World Maker. It'll allow you to create your own Mario Worlds, where you can connect multiple custom courses in their own little 2D overworld. You can combine 8 worlds and 40 courses together in this mode. The World Maker Update goes live soon, on April 22nd.

This is honest to god quite amazing

MajinCubyan

The Funky Super Saiyan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just woke up and saw this. Went from groggy as hell to hyped beyond belief in moments.

That world maker is just what I was hoping for at launch.

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Laggy online ftw...
But aside from that this game is great. I'm really excited for the Koopalings and new powerups, this will be great.

The world map creation is something I'd never thought they would add, it's plain awesome! Finally, now 1ups are no longer meaningless outside of endless mode.
And it looks like we'll get to rescue the princess again! Yay

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren’t any storylines with this series, right? It’s just creating your own stages and playing other people’s stages. Pass.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and Mario Maker did it better. also, making 3d levels is way harder than 2d ones, and i doubt nintendo would be able to make an editor that makes making 3d levels easy

I'm sure they could, though it would feel more like 3D Land and 3D World rather than 64, Sunshine and Galaxy. I could even imagine the latter to be practicable, since having a large rounded shape to place pre-defined objects on doesn't sound too farfetched. Animal Crossing New Horizons does exactly that and has a built-in level editor (to some extent) as well.

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With this and the Best Buy "leak" about Super Mario 3D World coming to Switch, it makes me wonder if Nintendo will do a Direct soon to announce some of this stuff. Then it makes me wonder what they are holding back for (what would have been) E3 announcements.
If Super Mario 3D World gets ported to Switch there will be some features missing from the original I assume, like second screen/touchscreen features such as the Captain Toad levels and the hidden blocks etc in game. I wonder how they'll deal with that? I certainly hope it does get rereleased on Switch because it is an amazing family game :)

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
There aren’t any storylines with this series, right? It’s just creating your own stages and playing other people’s stages. Pass.

Wow people actually play Mario games for those deep and complex story lines?

Anyway there is a story mode with 100 levels created by Nintendo. It's not exactly a heart wrenching, life-perspecive changing experience but it's probably got more depth to it than the "story" of any other Mario game I've played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1