Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
I'm wanting to play the NTSC version of this game. I don't have a chipped console, I'm using softmod. I'm using CIOSRev14 because I heard Rev15 is a broken release right now. I've tried to use Neogamma, Gecko OS with cheat, but no go. It just goes back to the wii menu. Haven't tried Neogamma R8 beta 7 yet, because I cant remember if uninstalling Neogamma then installing a newer version will effect CIOSCorp. Any help? I'm using a clean iso.
same thing i had until i used an alternate main.dol file in wiiscrubber.

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
I'm wanting to play the NTSC version of this game. I don't have a chipped console, I'm using softmod. I'm using CIOSRev14 because I heard Rev15 is a broken release right now. I've tried to use Neogamma, Gecko OS with cheat, but no go. It just goes back to the wii menu. Haven't tried Neogamma R8 beta 7 yet, because I cant remember if uninstalling Neogamma then installing a newer version will effect CIOSCorp. Any help? I'm using a clean iso.
same thing i had until i used an alternate main.dol file in wiiscrubber.

Deebo16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem playing the US-NTSC version from my USB.

Using USB Loader GX. Able to see the game and choose, but when it tries loading I get an Error 002. Been looking but can't find anything to fix it. Please someone help if you can.

Thanks.

ruel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have an NTSC-U Wii with a Drivekey. Do you think there will be a way to play this games without a softmod soon? I hope there will be a drivekey firmware upgrade so I can play New Super Mario Bros Wii.

ZeeMox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, any word on the functionality of the NTSC version yet? I've got a 4.0U with Wiikey 1.9s, but the amount of shit you have to do just to update a Wii these days is mind-boggling. I've been reading for ages and all I've established is that I actually don't need to update to 4.1 or 4.2, but rather update a few things here and there with some kind of wad manager that I don't know how to use. Wump.

gmrnguyen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok.. i just updated to cios v14 to be compatible with neogamma. I have 2 NTSC NSMB burned (one clean and one FIXed) and none of them seems to be working. When i load them on neogamma it just restarts the wii. I am on v3.2U. Am i doing something wrong? or should i be updating anything? please help..

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scoobydoo1 said:
urherenow said:
So you're attempting your own dump? I couldn't help but notice that you just joined yesterday (but admit that you could have been lurking for years for all I know).
What cIOS revision do you have installed? I don't know exactly how true it is but I've read several times that cIOS rev7 was the best one to use to make dumps.

I only hard-modded my Wii with the Wiikey. Have not done any of the fancy softmods. I rarely play with the thing, last update I needed to do was SSBB. To me it's much easier to take apart the Wii and solder a few wires, than to have to constantly update the mods to keep up with Nintendo.

Dumping a disc is a no brainer. Just pop the disc in the LG drive and click start.

Burning at 2x is still a no go, errors out randomly. I'm dumping it again with friidump this time, much harder to do than with rawdump - I gotta type in one whole command to get the dump started
biggrin.gif

It does look like I'll have to play with the original disc. Good thing I opted for the $3.99 protection plan at TRU.

Can someone help me ?
I'm running a NTSC ver1 wiikey, 1st day shipment wii
at 3.4u and 1.9s/x update
all backups and originals work to date

? is now how can i play backup copy on my system without any form of softmod
i dont wanna mess with it way to confusing

I have original but haven't put it in yet due to much needed confirmation
and i have made my own 1:1 backup

i've noticed a fix a group put out
i dont understand how to use the fix thou on the .iso
further more if i use the fix on the .iso would it work in my system ?

anyone have same specs any word on how i can play this would be extremely helpful

thanks !

scoobydoo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiver said:
scoobydoo1 said:
urherenow said:
So you're attempting your own dump? I couldn't help but notice that you just joined yesterday (but admit that you could have been lurking for years for all I know).
What cIOS revision do you have installed? I don't know exactly how true it is but I've read several times that cIOS rev7 was the best one to use to make dumps.

I only hard-modded my Wii with the Wiikey. Have not done any of the fancy softmods. I rarely play with the thing, last update I needed to do was SSBB. To me it's much easier to take apart the Wii and solder a few wires, than to have to constantly update the mods to keep up with Nintendo.

Dumping a disc is a no brainer. Just pop the disc in the LG drive and click start.

Burning at 2x is still a no go, errors out randomly. I'm dumping it again with friidump this time, much harder to do than with rawdump - I gotta type in one whole command to get the dump started
biggrin.gif

It does look like I'll have to play with the original disc. Good thing I opted for the $3.99 protection plan at TRU.

Can someone help me ?

anyone have same specs any word on how i can play this would be extremely helpful

thanks !
If you have the original, it will work. What confirmation do you need? All my backups still play after performing the 2 updates in NSMB on my Wii 3.4u/Wiikey v1 1.9s. BTW I have never let my Wii connect on the internet.

The dumps are no go. Errors out randomly in the game, usually not that far into the game. Rawdump burned at 2x and 8x, friidump burned at 4x, all the same way. My Wii Resort backup using the same media burned at 8x plays perfectly so it's not the media.

I'll just play with the original disc.

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a problem running this game. 4.2U safe updated to keep bootmii, cios 249 r15, coverfloader r1006, game plays fine...for about 10 minutes... then i get the 'error, please eject and reboot' screen. Store copy, not a download. I looked, but all i could find was people talking about the pal version and the alt.dol file. Is that my problem? could anyone tell me how/where to get the ntsc alt.dol? Pretty sure it is not drive acting up as i only have this error in this game. Any help is welcome

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scoobydoo1 said:
hiver said:
scoobydoo1 said:
urherenow said:

biggrin.gif

Can someone help me ?

thanks !
If you have the original, it will work. What confirmation do you need? All my backups still play after performing the 2 updates in NSMB on my Wii 3.4u/Wiikey v1 1.9s. BTW I have never let my Wii connect on the internet.

The dumps are no go. Errors out randomly in the game, usually not that far into the game. Rawdump burned at 2x and 8x, friidump burned at 4x, all the same way. My Wii Resort backup using the same media burned at 8x plays perfectly so it's not the media.

okay i will play original but,

hey scoobydoo1 or others with all this talk about changing the main.dol which i have no idea what that means ??

does anyone know if this fix will make the backup of game playable in my system ?

Help me out let me know please

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darnit I'm so confused!!! Do I get the full copy or the "Fixed" copy. I just want to pop a disc in, start a loader and play. *starts to cry* I simply cant srap my head around a clear method!

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@jakejm79

are you making fun of me because i want a stable backup ?

or

are u saying that the fix i posted will enable me to play the game from a backup disc no softmod needed ?

NeilMcduck

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

I don't thinik this is necessarily true. I'm running the original NTSC disc with Wiikey...Game runs almost perfectly, except that it ALWAYS freezes if you defeat the castle bosses by jumping on them in 2 player mode. Same thing happens using Neogamma as well as USB loader. Has anyone else experienced this?

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ hiver,
I'm telling you to read this thread, and the associated nfo/readme in ur attachment and it will explain exactly what scenarios you can and can't play this game under and how to achieve it. All the information is readily available you just have to process it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: