Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lakerfanalways said:
Brian117 said:
Guys, here's a link to the already pre-patched main.dol

http://www.mediafire.com/?wmntotdyz3m

Just do as the first post says and replace that with the original using Wiiscrubber.
smile.gif

This works perfectly using the backup launcher..but is there anyway I can still play it in the disc channel or is that out of the question..thanks

Hmm, well, what you could do is download Waninkokos Wii Menu Patcher and run it, and what it does is restarts the wii and patches the system menu to run backups from the disc channel. BUT it is not permanent. You will have to run it every time you want to play it from the disc channel.

Easy solution? Just get a channel .wad of your backup launcher that you use and just use that.

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ giantpune

correct i have a hardmod a wiikey 1

so all I'm asking if this fix of the main.dol will enable me to play the game backup from the dvd

and if the patch i posted is the correct way to go about this ?

im asking for help not sarcasm

just wanna know becasue i dont want to mess with a softmod why would i if all games to this point work ?
wouldn't u agree that it would be a waste of my time to research all the info for softmod if i don't need it ?

thanks to those who help on this topic

ramidavis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Back again. I found the ntsc main.dol file pre-fixed, on another site, named it SMNE.dol, put in /usb-loader/ set coverfloader to use 002 error, alt dol from sd, game plays, and still crashes.
What now?

BTW: if i just give in and update off my retail disc, what all am i loosing? Already on 4.2u, using a safe updater to keep bootmii, and installed the new jodi title hbc.... Is bootmii all i would loose, or what else is it wanting to update?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOMEBODY!!! who

A) has ONLY a softmod

and

B) is playing this gave VIA disc

PLEASE tell me what exactly you are using to play it...

for starters i have 2 choices, DL the full iso or DL the patched iso... which one do I download first???

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm if any form of a fix of the main.dol on an .iso of nsmb
will work from a dvd backup disc in wiikey v1 ?

NO softmod at all

I've been asking but no one has confirmed

I know I can play original and I have now and it works
I'm looking forward to a disc backup
but all info within posts is related to a softmod setup and i don't want to waste my time if i can have a disc that works

bzaigege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiver said:
@ giantpune

correct i have a hardmod a wiikey 1

so all I'm asking if this fix of the main.dol will enable me to play the game backup from the dvd

and if the patch i posted is the correct way to go about this ?

im asking for help not sarcasm

just wanna know becasue i dont want to mess with a softmod why would i if all games to this point work ?
wouldn't u agree that it would be a waste of my time to research all the info for softmod if i don't need it ?

thanks to those who help on this topic

i don't think that you can play it from the disc channel with your setup now. sorry if my terminology is wrong but this is what i am getting at. like everyone is doing, they must patch the game which is resigned when using wiiscrubber if i am not mistaken. that means your IOS must have that trucha bug in it but you are on firmware 3.4U which took away the ability to play resigned games. so that is why everyone is using DOP-IOS to download and patch the IOS. the least risky method to play the game will be to install you homebrew channel and load the game with GeckoOS 1.9.2b with the Ocarina code (which was provided by jakejm79)

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did anyone try my fix that i posted on page 140 ?

any confirmation of it working on wiikeyv1 no softmod at all just disc

or any other loaders for other users ?

bzaigege

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hiver said:

did u read what i wrote to u? i got the same setup as yours except got HBC also. i'm not going to try ur method since i can play it

i don't think that you can play it from the disc channel with your setup now. sorry if my terminology is wrong but this is what i am getting at. like everyone is doing, they must patch the game which is resigned when using wiiscrubber if i am not mistaken. that means your IOS must have that trucha bug in it but you are on firmware 3.4U which took away the ability to play resigned games. so that is why everyone is using DOP-IOS to download and patch the IOS. the least risky method to play the game will be to install you homebrew channel and load the game with GeckoOS 1.9.2b with the Ocarina code (which was provided by jakejm79)

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StylizedPlayer said:
When I try to load the game on a SD card, it says "connection to WBFS lost." Any help?
i heard someone else say the same thing he said he ended up putting his sd card into a reader and plugging it into the usb port in the wii. i guess it loads up but with no color.

bcos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working thanks to all the great information provided in this thread. Played through to level 2-4 without a single problem so far.

My setup:
Updated to cIOS249 v14 and using Neogamma R8beta7. No need to modify any settings or patch the game iso.
I'm running 4.0U with the Argon modchip installed. Can't remember chip firmware, but it hasn't been updated in over a year.

Cheers!

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bzaigege said:
hiver said:

did u read what i wrote to u? i got the same setup as yours except got HBC also. i'm not going to try ur method since i can play it

That's right. Correct me if I am wrong here, but here is my explanation:
The game (Backup) either needs to be patched either on the fly (via loader/gct cheat) or the iso needs to have the patched dol inserted in it.
The disc channel will not load this game (regardless of if you have cIOSCorp or a modchip) if the iso has been changed (i.e. patched) and since you can't patch a virgin iso on the fly with the disc channel you have 2 choices: 1. Use a virgin ISO and let the loader do the patching (GCT file with Gecko OS or updated loader with patching capabilities) or 2. Patch the ISO (well technically dol inside the ISO) and then launch that with a loader that allows launching of the patched ISO.
Until someone figures out why the disc channel doesn't allow launching of this patched ISO or till the modchip makers update their firmware so this patch can be applied by the chip on the fly, this game will not run from the disc channel.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
hundshamer said:
metroid4life14 said:
seriously? There's no way to like convert the sav files or anything?
If I remember right, I used a title called savegame manager to transfer my gamesaves from NTSC-J to NTSC-U for Wii Sports Resort.

would Savegame Manager application work?
O.K I can confirm that you can transfer PAL save files to NTSC-U.

All you need is Savegame Manager here and a hex editor (I use Hex Editor Neo as it is free here).

1. First make sure you have a game save for your NTSC-U version. Then open Savegame Manager and select "extract" and "SD".

2. Find your NSMBW saves (should be listed twice, one for each region) and extract them.

3. You can now delete the PAL save file (it's the one that says "Play Mario with your friends!," while the NTSC-U says "A new Mario adventure!"). DO NOT DELETE THE NTSC-U SAVEGAME OR YOU WILL GET THE -106 ERROR WHEN YOU TRY TO REINSTALL IT! If you do by accident, just run the NTSC-U game and create a new one.

4. Now take your SD card and put it in your computer.

5. In the root of your SD card you will find the "savegames" folder with two more folders in it. The one that ends with "45" is NTSC-U and the one that ends with "50" is your PAL save. Open the PAL folder (00010000534d4e50) and open "wiimj2d.sav" with your hex editor.

6. The very first thing you should see on the text side is "SMNP". Change the "P" to "E" (yes it is case sensitive) and save.

7. Copy the edited "wiimj2d.sav" to your NTSC-U folder (00010000534d4e45), and delete the PAL folder.

8. Now insert the SD card back into your Wii and launch Savegame Manager.

9. This time select "install" then "SD" and install your NSMBW save.

Now you should be where you were in your PAL game. Hope it helps!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually at a loss... I can't load this thing no matter what. Neogamma, coverfloader, uloader3.1 ... I installed an unpatched one on my USB hard drive, and I burned both a patched and unpatched one.
I uninstalled cIOSCORP and used DoP-IOS to install the latest of every IOS again.

Depending on what method I try I get a black error has occured screen, or I get a green screen followed by a reset.
This is the first game to give me this much trouble, except for trying to load MP3 from a MPT backup disc
wacko.gif

jakejm79 said:
If you read the very 1st post it gives all the details regarding the different loading methods, same apply to both PAL and NTSC, but note that you will have to use different cheats and/or patched dol depending on the ISO region.
No it doesn't

It says what other people have claimed to get it working with. All of the details would include which settings to use (like force NTSC or vidpatch or whatever)
It does point people in some kind of direction but I'm not the dumbest kid on the block and this game is kicking my butt at the moment.

megadeoxys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, when I have the NTSC ISO, what exactly should I do to make it work with the disc channel?
And also, does it matter with version of the ISO I'm using?
I have a modchip.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally, I got it working!

Had to both update to cIOS rev15 AND use the USBloader GX linked to in the first post.
Tomorrow I may try installing cIOSCORP again and see if it really breaks anything.

For USB hard drive just set error 002 fix on.
For disc (for people like me who have never used it before) there is an icon on the top left that lets you "mount DVD"

Loading from the Disc channel without a mod chip? Good luck with that (until perhaps Da_letter_A plays with adding the rev15 dip to a few (or most) of the cIOSCORP files)
I give up trying I have like 3 hours to sleep before I go to work
wacko.gif

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use hermes and an updated loader and you'll be all set. i don't have a straight hermes cios38, so i used a cios38+60. didn't bother checking if 002 fix was needed-- just chose yes.

no problems at all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc