Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PainToad said:
The_Nothing said:
For Disc-Loader Users:
-No Confirmation here. Looks like it won't work right now.

Still no solution to Disc Loaders?

I'm using 3.3U

IOS249 Rev 14

Tried Gamma Beta 8

No luck.
You haven't installed and patched the IOS that the front page tells you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats for Modchip users, I don't have a mod chip.

I fall under Disc Loader, not Modchip or USB.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
PainToad said:
YOU DON'T NEED NEOGAMMA, can't you people read the first post?
Well, the first post says that you do need it for it to work on Modchips.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, just curious about the #001 error seeing as GWP can't find it.

I first heard about all these fixes when I got to work today. I'll play it on USBloader GX tonight.

Geez...

graz519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
graz519 said:
3.2U softmodded

Rev 14 (just installed today)

Tried both neo and wiiflow

Black screen (and wiimotes are now unsynched).
frown.gif

Im guessing probably missing some ios's or something, really havent installed anything since first doing the zelda softmod.

oh well.
Guess you are, maybe do what the first post says? Nah ignore that then just bitch about it not working.

First post only mention IOS's to chipped users, of which I am not one. Now if they also mean to do it to softmodded users, then I will try it.

And im not bitching. :-)

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
The_Nothing said:
PainToad said:
The_Nothing said:
For Disc-Loader Users:

I'm using 3.3U

IOS249 Rev 14

Tried Gamma Beta 8

No luck.
You haven't installed and patched the IOS that the front page tells you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You still need IOS53.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
graz519 said:
QUOTE said:
graz519 said:
3.2U softmodded

frown.gif

Im guessing probably missing some ios's or something, really havent installed anything since first doing the zelda softmod.

oh well.
Guess you are, maybe do what the first post says? Nah ignore that then just bitch about it not working.

First post only mention IOS's to chipped users, of which I am not one. Now if they also mean to do it to softmodded users, then I will try it.

Even the retail disc needs IOS53. It's a game requirement not hack.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
PainToad said:
YOU DON'T NEED NEOGAMMA, can't you people read the first post?
Well, the first post says that you do need it for it to work on Modchips.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, just curious about the #001 error seeing as GWP can't find it.

I first heard about all these fixes when I got to work today. I'll play it on USBloader GX tonight.

Geez...
Try the latest cIOS.

Boo_Mansion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakejm79 said:
Boo_Mansion said:
HyperGamer said:
I suggest trying out a HDD Loader. All you need to do it for just this game would be a 500mb USB Drive
I have an extra 2 GB SD card and a USB SD reader. Would it be possible to run it with this via the USB Loader? I could try but I need to know how to get the iso to fit on it. The scrubbed versions I've found are 4 GB after .rar extracted.

Format the card to WBFS then use WBFS manager to add the iso to the drive, don't worry all game isos are 4.37GB but the actual data that will copied to the drive will only be about 400MB.

I got it to work.

Last edited by Boo_Mansion,

graz519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PainToad said:

Yeah, I think I understand that now.
smile.gif

But being a scared newb, not sure if I want to mess around with that DOP-IOS software. Maybe, down the road some point, post #1 will include better instructions for installing IOS53.

Thanks for the quick responses.

The_Nothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PainToad said:
The_Nothing said:
PainToad said:
The_Nothing said:
For Disc-Loader Users:

I'm using 3.3U

IOS249 Rev 14

Tried Gamma Beta 8

No luck.

You still need IOS53.

I already had that installed. Disc does not load using Gamma on any settings. Green screen then Wii restart.

Guess I have to wait until someone can figure out how to boot this using a DVD.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
PainToad said:
Try the latest cIOS.
You mean rev14??

I've got that. That will only work for games that run under that, eg. USB loader. I could patch the System Menu to run under a cIOS but I don't want to.

I've got Trucha IOS70 and cIOS rev 14. That's all I need.

And I have already told you that any cIOS has nothing to do with the Wiikey. Only a Wiikey firmware update will fix it. And that won't happen.

Markan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am wondering why so many people have problems using disc-loaders. Maybe I dont because I have a PAL Wii and they a NTSC one.

I have Wiikey 1.0 with a firmware version maybe 3.4 and preloader installed v 0.27 I think and cios revision 7 (while 14 is the newest right)? I have none of the new IOS installed.

And I can run the game just fine from the normal Wii Menu as well as Neogamma, which I dont really need. With all those outdated software I can run the fixed game without any problems.

I am not writing this to troll or something, however in the last days I was thinking whether I should update my firmware for USB compatibility and such. However now I see that many people have problems starting this game. Is it because they have a newer firmware version? Should I stick to my outdatet versions or doesnt it have anything to do with that? Just wondering...

xboxinoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hope this is not a dumb question that I'm overlooking the answer to...

I have 3.2E with an original Wiikey so I've never had to use any loaders or stuff like that before. I've also never wanted to move off 3.2E as I've seen no point and hopefully won't have to do so now either.

Anyway... I do have the homebrew channel installed so understand/believe I stick that neogamma loader thing into the apps folder on my sd card to access it from there.

What I'm not so sure about is whether I need to install a cIOS too at this stage? The first page just suggests you install neogamma but doesn't mention anything about cIOS therefore just wanted to be sure that I need to download and install a cIOS to use neogamma even when it is running on a hard modded wii? I've never had the need to worry about cIOS's before, nor neogamma.

(Note I do know I have the right IOS installed as I was running it with the 5-10 minutes time out frustration before the fix arrived)

gsarlis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
PainToad said:
graz519 said:
QUOTE said:
graz519 said:
3.2U softmodded

frown.gif

oh well.

Are you sure about that? I have a PAL launch Wii with Wiikey 1, and it works just fine with Neogamma r8 without messing around with that IOS thing..

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
gsarlis said:
PainToad said:
graz519 said:
QUOTE said:
graz519 said:
3.2U softmodded

frown.gif

oh well.

Are you sure about that? I have a PAL launch Wii with Wiikey 1, and it works just fine with Neogamma r8 without messing around with that IOS thing..
Official 4.0+ update had it already I believe, but not wainkos or what ever.

charlieg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can somebody resume all the 73 pages i want to know if my softmodded NTSC Wii 3.3U and another with 4.0U will play the game with Neogamma R7 and don't want to read all those pages

Thank You
smile.gif

leprechaun106317

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a slight problem... I have never tried the USB method of playing games, but decided to try it for this. I have a 4gb Sandisk Cruzer Micro Thumb Drive and I was able to format it to WBFS and I put the ISO on the drive, turned the Wii on and opened Neogamma R7 and it said "Mount WBFS" and I pressed A and it wouldn't mount. It just keeps trying but will not mount. Is my thumb drive not compatible or is there a way to fix it? Thanks for any help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head