Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
Mailenste said:
SectionX said:
IrishModchips said:
It has got to be something to do with the softmods as i have this game running perfect on the D2Ckey.

I know that all other chips are not working, but the D2Ckey is different from other chips.

For the people who have D2Ckeys and are having problems then it seems that all of them have softmods installed.

Just some suggestions.

wiikey 1 runs fine
Not for me, since it errored on me the moment after I started the game. Neogamma did the job. I want to get it working modchip-wise tho...

I used the guide in the #1 post, wiikey 1 with neogamma on SD card. Fired it up, and have played for 2 hours without problem.

dori2o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

and to think that last night I almost deleted the iso I had downloaded on Saturday thinking it was a bad dump and that there would be another 4-5 day wait for a way to play this.

Definately buying this game, well worth the money, I just won't have to dump my own copy now when I get it.

That 512mb SD card I've had sat in the drawer for the best part of 2 year now has a purpose.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
darrenfrowley said:
just tried the patched version on PAL Wii, Firmware 3.4 and wiikey 2 no softmods except homebrew channel and i get black screen with "an error has occured please turn off you wii" or somet like that could it be that i dont have the trucha bug maybe? can anyone shed some light on this for me please?
You answered your own fucking question.

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SectionX said:
Mailenste said:
SectionX said:
IrishModchips said:
It has got to be something to do with the softmods as i have this game running perfect on the D2Ckey.

I know that all other chips are not working, but the D2Ckey is different from other chips.

For the people who have D2Ckeys and are having problems then it seems that all of them have softmods installed.

Just some suggestions.

wiikey 1 runs fine
Not for me, since it errored on me the moment after I started the game. Neogamma did the job. I want to get it working modchip-wise tho...

I used the guide in the #1 post, wiikey 1 with neogamma on SD card. Fired it up, and have played for 2 hours without problem.
Well... yeah. The point is that the Wiikey v1 itself can't play the game without giving out errors. Using Neogamma off the SD card doesn't mean that NSMBWii works with Wiikey. Think about it
wink.gif

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Blue-K said:
UPDATE 9/11[/p]
OH MY GOD? IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN?
No it's not, it's 11/9.

BTW, why isn't there a fix for softmods yet? I want a fix for softmods.
...unless there's a FAT32 USB loader.

I've been playing it all day on a softmodded Wii running 4.1U - no hardware mods at all. I got it working on USB Loader GX and WiiFlow

Eric

darrenfrowley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i need the trucha bug is that what your saying ? i think it is but dont wanna do stuff to my wii that it dont need. i have played other scrubbed games with no problem ? is it becuase this has the patch on it that it wont work unless i install the trucha bug?

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
Mailenste said:
SectionX said:
Mailenste said:
SectionX said:
IrishModchips said:

Just some suggestions.

wiikey 1 runs fine

Well... yeah. The point is that the Wiikey v1 itself can't play the game without giving out errors. Using Neogamma off the SD card doesn't mean that NSMBWii works with Wiikey. Think about it
wink.gif
With the right IOSs (PATCHED!!!) it will work.

The_Nothing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For Disc-Loader Users:
-No Confirmation here. Looks like it won't work right now.

Still no solution to Disc Loaders?

I'm using 3.3U

IOS249 Rev 14

Tried Gamma Beta 8

No luck.

jeanrmarques

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got it working with neogamma using an SD Card as a WBFS Drive (installed the a clean iso via my pc)

Could it be the USB Loader GX Install method that messes up the iso? I'll try to install a clean iso with wiiflow instead... It's the only thing I cant think of, I find it weird that wiiscrubber only shows one partition, could it be that the usb loader gx strips the only partition when installing? (instead of stripping the update partition) just a thought...

EDIT: I can CONFIRM, the USB Loader GX installer CORRUPTS the game, I just installed a clean iso trough Wiiflow, and now it works like a charm, I believe that the usb loader gx installer removes the partition 0 when installing, in the case of New Super Mario Bros Wii, it removes the game itself (at least on the isos where the game partition is the partition 0, and there is no update partition)

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
PainToad said:
Maybe.

I know IOS70 gets rid of the "An error has occured, please eject..." but Dop-IOS doesn't have the latest IOS53. The lastest is v5406 and Dop-IOS wants to install and patch v5149. Doing that didn't work, either.

Although, I haven't manually installed a truchs IOS53 v5406 myself yet but I doubt it will get around the #001 error.

Also, I thought Neogamma was a softmod??
tongue.gif

QUOTE(PainToad @ Nov 10 2009, 10:55 AM) Doesn't cIOS fix this?
The #001 error??
blink.gif

I doubt it. Only thing that would is a firmware update for the Wiikey v1. Which won't happen.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
aguyyyy said:
so there are only problems with people with mod chips----people who softmodded their wii can make it work via neogamma and usb loader gx???
For the 1 millionth time, it works fine via disc channel.

graz519

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
3.2U softmodded

Rev 14 (just installed today)

Tried both neo and wiiflow

Black screen (and wiimotes are now unsynched).
frown.gif

Im guessing probably missing some ios's or something, really havent installed anything since first doing the zelda softmod.

oh well.

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
BBking83 said:
PainToad said:
Maybe.

I know IOS70 gets rid of the "An error has occured, please eject..." but Dop-IOS doesn't have the latest IOS53. The lastest is v5406 and Dop-IOS wants to install and patch v5149. Doing that didn't work, either.

Although, I haven't manually installed a truchs IOS53 v5406 myself yet but I doubt it will get around the #001 error.

Also, I thought Neogamma was a softmod??
tongue.gif
YOU DON'T NEED NEOGAMMA, can't you people read the first post?

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
The_Nothing said:
For Disc-Loader Users:
-No Confirmation here. Looks like it won't work right now.

Still no solution to Disc Loaders?

I'm using 3.3U

IOS249 Rev 14

Tried Gamma Beta 8

No luck.
You haven't installed and patched the IOS that the front page tells you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(graz519 @ Nov 10 2009, 02:13 AM) 3.2U softmodded

Rev 14 (just installed today)

Tried both neo and wiiflow

Black screen (and wiimotes are now unsynched).
frown.gif

Im guessing probably missing some ios's or something, really havent installed anything since first doing the zelda softmod.

oh well.
Guess you are, maybe do what the first post says? Nah ignore that then just bitch about it not working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...