Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

cheatmaster5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard they got this game working using a alt.dol ( sorry if this has been asked but I followed this tell page 23 and then quite reading)
If this is true can I use wii scrubber or generic wii patching to patch this alt.dol file into the game or is it encrypted.

darrenfrowley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK UPDATE . Finally got it to work on PAL Wii, with 3.4E Firmware, Wiikey 2 , burned patched iso to DVD , installed Patched IOS36 with the trucha bug using Trucha bug Downgrader V1. loaded NEOGAMMA R8 Beta 7 but dvd in drive and all is good been playing for about 45 mins now with no crashing or dre's Oh Happy Day..Great game and well worth the hassle. Hope this info helps some of you out.

hacman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cLin said:
So does anyone else have any problems at world 1-3? I just tested the game and 1-1 works fine but I am hearing people get disc read errors at 1-3.

Nope no problems here past the mini castle in world 2 using a 4.0u ntsc wii, version 1 wiikey 1.9s and neogamma r8 beta 7. Also using the scrubbed ~628mb version released the other day with no patch to the iso whatsoever
smile.gif

peace

nusilver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I thoght I had this down, having gotten the game to load using wiiflow 249. But right after the little intro movie with peach getting kidnapped, I get stuck at a black screen. I can press the home button and the little "no home" symbol comes up, but it doesn't load the next part of the game, which I assume is the map for world 1. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm on 4.0U. I'm out to dinner right now but hopefully will make some progress with this when I get back.
And yes, I'm buying the game on Sunday.
smile.gif

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have a 3.4U Wii. Trying to load the game via Neogamma R8 beta 7 from a DVD-R (no chip), changing to NTSC480i. It still gives me the green screen and wii reboots, does it work from DVD or has to be from usb loader??

PainToad

Trophies
XP
Country
cheatmaster5 said:
I heard they got this game working using a alt.dol ( sorry if this has been asked but I followed this tell page 23 and then quite reading)
If this is true can I use wii scrubber or generic wii patching to patch this alt.dol file into the game or is it encrypted.
Read the first frekin post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darrenfrowley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sentinel5000 said:
Ok I have a 3.4U Wii. Trying to load the game via Neogamma R8 beta 7 from a DVD-R (no chip), changing to NTSC480i. It still gives me the green screen and wii reboots, does it work from DVD or has to be from usb loader??

if it helps i have just been playing it from a dvd-r so the answear to your question is yes it does work from dvd i just extracted the image to its full 4.37gb size and burned it with nero . I do have a wiikey 2 modchip though and i had to use neogamma to get the game to work but its fine now. hope this helps.

sentinel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
I extracted the Image and it went to the usual 4.37GB. Burned with IMGburn as always. Using NeogammaR8 beta 7, no mod chip, change to NTSC480i. Still green screen and reboot...

darrenfrowley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
sentinel5000 said:
I extracted the Image and it went to the usual 4.37GB. Burned with IMGburn as always. Using NeogammaR8 beta 7, no mod chip, change to NTSC480i. Still green screen and reboot...
silly question but have you tried not changing the screen? or can you not do that pal

PS i am using the patched version of the game aswell

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
This is rather confusing after so many pages.. from my experience :

1) The ISO with patched main.dol will work on HDD/DISC with R7 (with/without modchip)
2) The original ISO will work only with Neogamma R8 beta 7 whether on disc/hdd (with/without modchip)
3) Modchip users need a newer IOS53 to run from disc channel
4) cioscorp users are totally out of luck...
unsure.gif

darrenfrowley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok sentinal5000 have you red the very first page on the thread ? judging by what you say i think you have but just asking it helped me out and got me up and running is there not something about installing ios57 or something? sorry for not being much help just trying to help if i can and through some ideas your way.

darrenfrowley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bloodlust said:

1) The ISO with patched main.dol will work on HDD/DISC with R7 (with/without modchip)
2) The original ISO will work only with Neogamma R8 beta 7 whether on disc/hdd (with/without modchip)
unsure.gif

I think you have got it just about right there pal? it is confusing but did get mine working in the end with help from the notes on page 1 of this thread.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
darrenfrowley said:
Bloodlust said:

unsure.gif

I think you have got it just about right there pal? it is confusing but did get mine working in the end with help from the notes on page 1 of this thread.

So you are running it off a disc with neogamma with a non-chipped wii?

phantasmik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bloodlust said:

unsure.gif

Based on what I'm reading, this will not work on NTSC-U Wii's as a burnt disc using any version of NeoGamma.. if I am wrong please enlighten me

Grendel23

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got this strange issue where the game will load fine and begin to play, but any time I touch a coin, it makes a terrible screeching noise instead of the actual 'coin noise.' Once I hit too many coins in too close a period of time, the game will lock up on me. I'm running a softmodded 4.2U. I've tried using the latest version of NeoGamma as well as Configurable USB loader with both the hacked main.dol file. I've tried variations on NTSC Force, anti-002, etc. Nothing changes this coin noise issue. Any thoughts/insight would be appreciated. Cheers!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:unsure::unsure::D:D:wub::D:D