Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another confirmation this game now works fully!

PAL 4.2 wii
USB Cfg 46-fat

And as it goes its actually a good game!!

Deffo gonna buy it on the 20th!!! Gonna be hard not playing it too much before then tho lol dont wanna finish it before ive got it "officially" lol

wdowell84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chachab said:
Social0 said:
don't worry about signing the iso, just press compress and save the file and burn it

There's no "compress" button!
how do i save what i've done with wiiscrubber 1.40????

Click the scrub button underneath ISO when you're done. That will save it, and then just burn that.

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed working for me, used the main.dol linked earlier and then used wiiscrubber 1.4 to replace the main.dol into the ind release iso (what was kongsnutz rip i believe). Plays fine with wiiflow R17, using cIOS222 v4 (37/38) with the only setting having to be on being 002 Fix, left all video modes etc at default, this is on a 4.2U.
Completed 1-3 with no freezing or restarting, now to call in sick and give this thing some serious testing.

Also I have upped a copy of the ISO that is working for me on m***nova.org, PM me for the link.

karyuudo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait to try this out when I get home. Thanks to whoever fixed this! This is gonna be an awesome week
biggrin.gif

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B-E-A-Utiful !! - Works great over here with USBLoader GX and IOS53v5406 - DopIOS doesn't seem to have the latest IOS version (only has v5149) in the edition I have, so I had to get it by other means.

Big THANKS to kongsnutz and the Chinese hackers!!!

Seinfeld Reference:
George: The Chinese have done it my friend . The Chinese have done it.
Jerry: Done what?
George: Discovered a cure for Super Mario Bros. Wii.

But I'm a curious individual - So has anyone found out WHY this actually WORKS? Was this Nintendo's attempt at Anti-Piracy or was this just some big coincidence?

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KTroopA said:
ok so does this fix work with the scrubbed version of NSMB on usenet, is that ok to use? or is there another full version that has appeared..

The 400 meg one on usenet is the full iso, its just compressed as if it were scrubbed. It turns to 4.37 gigs after you unrar it, i used that release with the hex edited dol to get mine up and running. Works a treat.

QUOTE(Clish @ Nov 9 2009, 09:01 AM) anyone else have no in level music?

Full music here. I actually really liked the music in the first mini-boss level, very throwback to super mario world.

If you are curious, here is my setup:

NTSC Wii with Wiikey chip
Configurable USB Loader 47b-fat
400 gig IDE hdd converted to usb drive using FAT32 for storage (no WBFS)
M-Load223 of hermes v4
249 rev14 (but not being used)
system menu 4.1
Replaced main.dol with hex edited one with wiiscrubber

I added nothing, no special IOS upgrading, etc. Everything just worked flawlessly. Thanks again to everyone involved.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok i get "disc error" blablabla something running it from the disc channel,PAL 3.2E with wiikey installed

any idea?

err this happen right at the start before the game even boots

Clish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
quepaso said:
KTroopA said:
ok so does this fix work with the scrubbed version of NSMB on usenet, is that ok to use? or is there another full version that has appeared..

The 400 meg one on usenet is the full iso, its just compressed as if it were scrubbed. It turns to 4.37 gigs after you unrar it, i used that release with the hex edited dol to get mine up and running. Works a treat.

QUOTE(Clish @ Nov 9 2009, 09:01 AM) anyone else have no in level music?

Full music here. I actually really liked the music in the first mini-boss level, very throwback to super mario world.

If you are curious, here is my setup:

NTSC Wii with Wiikey chip
Configurable USB Loader 47b-fat
400 gig IDE hdd converted to usb drive using FAT32 for storage (no WBFS)
M-Load223 of hermes v4
249 rev14 (but not being used)
system menu 4.1

I added nothing, no special IOS upgrading, etc. Everything just worked flawlessly. Thanks again to everyone involved.

i am using USBLoaderGX with cIOS rev13a ... replaced the main.dol with wiiscrubber 1.4

odretro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working for me. Followed the instructions and installed the new IOS53 (is IOS53-64-v5406 the new IOS? Just double checking.)

Anyways, after patching I installed to hard drive and tried to run from USB Loader GX, at first it just stayed as a black screen. So then I tried Neo Gamma R7, That worked right off the bat but the game was displaying in black and white you need to change your video settings

Neo Gamma R7: Make sure you go to region options > force video: wii otherwise it will just play in black and white for ntsc users.

USB Loader GX: Make sure you have the 002 Fix on and Video Mode: Disc Default

SectionX

Trophies
XP
Country
it doesnt work for me in gecko OS.

I have put boot.elf in the geckos SD card where do I put the mail.dol file? I have always booted with the elf file

plz help

Troutman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Deeptrap said:
so you must softmod your wii to play the game.

Too bad

Looks like it. I have the original Wiikey on my Wii and unfortunately have the latest EUR firmware on my machine. I have never bothered with softmods because if I want to play emulations etc I use my computer. I did not see the 'need' to soft mod so I get a bit confused with all the 'lingo' pertaining to it.

Would love to know if the ISO can be patched to play via a modchip with 4.xx firmware in the near future.

Cheers for the 'interesting' read so far...
biggrin.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At least it has an end with this at GBATemp. Now it`s going to be spookey around here when everybody is busy playing NSMBWii...

Massive respect to the one patching the game to get it to work. Hopefully from now on it will be a bit easier to brows the forum
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1