New Sonic Generations gameplay (offscreen)

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MushGuy said:
NahuelDS said:
great.... a remake of Sonic 1
dry.gif

why they just dont make a NEW 2D Sonic game that is not a rehash of Sonic 2??You say this like it the only thing they're going to include in this game. Keep in mind that there also will be renditions of stages from other games
so... its going to be like a Sonic's Greatest Hits game

QUOTE(_Chaz_ @ May 20 2011, 11:43 PM)
Dude, are you fucking new?
I've been playing Sonic games since it first came on the MegaDrive... so it’s common for long time fans like myself to be exceptical about every new release of sonic... because let's face it, with Sega its always the same, first the hype and later the disappointment

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Looks like a bit of slow-down at 1:38. Could be a good game... but most likely not. How come nintendo can make an incredible game like Donkey Kong country returns using the similar DK formula from the snes, but when sega try and make a new game based on the old gensesis formula it stinks.

I could be wrong about it, but I gave up on another good sonic game a long time ago. I didn't mind sonic rush though...

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
_Chaz_ said:
Dude, are you fucking new?
I've been playing Sonic games since it first came on the MegaDrive... so it’s common for long time fans like myself to be exceptical about every new release of sonic... because let's face it, with Sega its always the same, first the hype and later the disappointment
As have I, but I was more or less referring to the fact that you said it was a remake of both Sonic 1 and 2. Just because the game is a 2D platforming Sonic game that has Green Hill Zone as a Zone doesn't make it a remake or a rehash. Thanks for the other stuff though.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow, looks great but I guess that was to be expected. I really loved Colours and partially liked Unleashed so I think the new Sonic-stages are going to be great and I also really liked Sonic 4, though I agree the physics weren`t that good, they weren`t gamebreaking and the leveldesign was just great so I`m confident the old-style stages are going to be great as well and from what I`ve seen so far this expectation is justified.

IMO nothing that could go wrong with this game, since it is really just minor changes to a pretty well-made 3D formula (that has proven itself) and an already, for years, established 2D formula. Cannot wait!

Also I want to say that it makes me sad, that Mario & Sonic are sadly the last stand for 3D plattforming. Really loved it back in the 32 til 128bit days but it seems like it is a genre that is kind of dying but maybe that is because it is quite hard to do it right... Still one of my favourite Genre nearly gone. Make way for the first-person-perspective
frown.gif
(not to discriminate it: I do like to play FP games!)

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
Make up your mind SEGA.

Classic gameplay IS best.

Ditch the Contemerary Modern Gameplay. IT SUCKS BALLS.

No it doesn't. That's YOUR opinion.

I LOVE the modern gameplay whilst only LIKING the classic gameplay.

cyberninja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks like the Sonic game I've been waiting for. The first video looked great then you see the second and it really looks like old and new sonic fans are catered for here.
I really hope this does get released on PC.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
Make up your mind SEGA.

No it isn't. I agree it's good, but I'd rather them bring something new to the table, even if it sucks I'd rather have that than the the same thing every time.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
Make up your mind SEGA.

i agree, i don't like the new 3d gameplay, only the classic levels, the 3d levels are way too fast and it's not typical old sonic, i also HATED how the remixed the old green hill zone music in the new 3d levels, it sounds horrible! and the level looks nothing like green hill zone!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
JinTrigger said:
I think Sega's aim with this is to please everyone....new and old fans alike....I honestly see nothing here to dislike, but I bet someone will find something.

yeah i think that is excatly what sega are trying to do, they made the same mistake with sonic unleashed....

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
As have I, but I was more or less referring to the fact that you said it was a remake of both Sonic 1 and 2. Just because the game is a 2D platforming Sonic game that has Green Hill Zone as a Zone doesn't make it a remake or a rehash. Thanks for the other stuff though.
You misunderstand me. I was saying that this first level looks like a remake of Sonic 1 only.
I mentioned Sonic 2 because... the last 2D sonic game was Sonic 4 and it's clearly a rehash of Sonic 2. That’s why I say...
"why they just don’t make a NEW 2D Sonic game that is not a rehash of Sonic 2??" in reference to Sonic 4.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hielkenator said:
Make up your mind SEGA.

No. It doesn't.

I like both, most people do too and some people only like the modern gameplay.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NahuelDS said:
_Chaz_ said:
You misunderstand me. I was saying that this first level looks like a remake of Sonic 1 only.
I mentioned Sonic 2 because... the last 2D sonic game was Sonic 4 and it's clearly a rehash of Sonic 2. That’s why I say...
"why they just don’t make a NEW 2D Sonic game that is not a rehash of Sonic 2??" in reference to Sonic 4.
The thing is, it doesn't look look like a remake of Sonic 1. Not at all.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
_Chaz_ said:
NahuelDS said:
_Chaz_ said:

Well ..looks like a reinterpretation to me... don't you think?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Walker D said:
_Chaz_ said:
NahuelDS said:
_Chaz_ said:

You mean the 1st level?

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Walker D said:
_Chaz_ said:
NahuelDS said:
_Chaz_ said:

You mean the 1st level?

I mean the Sonic 1 proposal

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Walker D said:
machomuu said:
Walker D said:
_Chaz_ said:
NahuelDS said:
_Chaz_ said:

You mean the 1st level?

I mean the Sonic 1 proposal
Which is...?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica