Hacking New R4 card for DSi

Symaroth

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i brought this new r4 card from wish, the seller i presume got the card from r4isdhc just under a month ago and i think it might be timebombed, however i would still like to use it. The card seems to be silver with 2018 branded in the corner
which firmware would be the correct one for this type of card?

and will this work with a SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I 16gb?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i brought this new r4 card from wish, the seller i presume got the card from r4isdhc just under a month ago and i think it might be timebombed, however i would still like to use it. The card seems to be silver with 2018 branded in the corner
which firmware would be the correct one for this type of card?

and will this work with a SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-I 16gb?
Quit buying shitty Chinese clones

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Reactions: The Catboy

dcoutsider

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

Yes! I am a new here so please bear with me as I could not link some things in my reply so I had to write it out as best as possible...

A couple of things...first, to download the correct firmware for that card, please google r4isdhc and click on the website. Once there click R-4 Download on the top, match the card to the correct picture and click download. Unzip the files and copy them to the root of your SD card. There are several tutorials on here or YouTube that gives you step-by-step- instructions.

Next, like the first poster said, if you are going to purchase an R4 card, please use a reputable seller/re-seller such as nds-cards or 3ds-flashcards. I used Amazon, Wish, and eBay before, wish taking the longest by far to receive.

Last and regardless of where you bought the card...install YSMenu as the last poster recommended. You can check the card for a timebomb (set the date a few years in the future and attempt to launch it) or just forego that and install YSMenu. As being new to this board, I got all my information from here and I went with YSMenu. I own the same card as you and I run YSMenu on it with a Nintendo style Skin from ShaolinAssassin and everything looks and works great!

If you start to debate Wood or YSMenu for future consideration, let me help you and just say go with YSMenu, unless you want to buy another card that is compatible with Wood. Either way, Wood or YSMenu you cannot go wrong BUT, since you already have a compatible YSMenu card, just stick with that and save yourself time and money!

Hope this helps. If not feel free to respond here and someone will assist you. This board is very active and everyone is willing to assist whenever possible.

Last edited by dcoutsider,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I'm not doing ok, everywhere I go I see sex