Hardware New Nintendo 3DS - Freeze at "home meny"

Philip3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
I sent my 3ds to Nintendo to get repaired. They said that it couldn't be repaired so they gave me a new one with firmware 1.0.

sirphayze

Happy camper!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think you can. Afaik, bypassing the new AP can be done on 9.5 emuNAND, not sysNAND. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Anyway, someone (some said he was a troll, some said he was right) said that HANS could bypass the new AP, but I have no means of verifying that.
In any case, don't update, since 9.5 is the last FW without the new encryption on N3DS, so you'll be able to downgrade to 9.2 if a ARM11 kernel exploit is found :P

Thanks for info!

Yeah, ill keep my New 3DSXL on 9.5 and we will see tomorrow what FW i get on my normal New 3DS when i get it from Nintendo. The only thing i know im getting a replecement unit. The tech said the cpu was fubar and they was not allowed to alter that thus sending me a new unit.

licerice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Press L+R+B+D-Pad Down, hold these buttons and press power

You get ascreen to reset HOME menu stuff (this will NOT update your console, it formats the Home menu, you lose any software icons and folders you made.

this is a super old thread but just to let you know this saved my 3ds!! i downloaded a dodgy custom theme that somehow broke my 3ds and doing your method completely fixed the issue, thanks so much!!

Reactions: Svinorin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lmao