New GUI

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Link5084, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Link5084
    OP

Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    Remember when TC promised us that they will deliver us a new GUI for the CycloDS? When do you think that is going to come and what will be some surprises in it?

2. ENDscape

ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Dec 14, 2007
    ``orz
    Wow this thread is misleading...
    Anyways, i havent heard any news of when they are releasing it.Hopefully they do it this year.

3. Dwight

Dwight Gawb. Gawb Bluth.

Aug 14, 2008
    United States
    Washington State
    God damn misleading thread. I don't know what to expect. Maybe boxart support, and 'favorite' icons on the home screen or something.

4. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 26, 2008
    United States
    Forman's Basement
    Make sure when posting threads like this that you put a question mark after it. That way people know you're asking about the new GUI and not saying that the new GUI is here [​IMG].

5. War

War Take it easy~

Oct 26, 2007
    California
    Goddamn this thread! Next time, label it properly! *pissed off*

PS; I don't think they "promised" it. They just said they were taking suggestions.

6. tinymonkeyt

tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    UGH. tricked me too
    stop with the misleading titles!
    some us are really excited and will assume things when we see "New GUI" as a title..

stop breaking our hearts ;_;

7. Link5084
    OP

Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

Aug 6, 2008
    United States
    Oops, sorry guys. [​IMG]

8. golden

golden What a Digital Dummy!!!

Dec 1, 2007
    United States
    i was also mislead by the title. [​IMG]

9. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    I really wish they hadn't promised it. And I really wish Blizzard hasn't announced Starcraft 2 so early. [​IMG]

I hate it when companies pretty much have to lie to generate hype.

So in conclusion, just forget the whole "GUI incident" ever happened. And if Team Cyclops ever does release a GUI overhaul, it'll be a nice surprise for us.

10. Mr.Mister

Mr.Mister GBAtemp Regular

Feb 4, 2009
    United States
    Oregon, USA
    Damn I was about to pop in my MicroSD reader to download the new GUI. [​IMG]

But yeah on topic, hope they put in some eye candy in the new one.

11. Isaiah

Isaiah The Conductor

Aug 24, 2008
    Brisbane
    I wasn't mislead.... but no one cares. I wish they put like a nice sliding menu in it.

12. strata8

strata8 Look! A pointless distraction!

Jun 18, 2007
    over there
    Why do you need a GUI overhaul, anyway? Is having the best cart is no longer good enough?

EDIT: Wait... does this have anything to do with Sakura? I sincerely hope not...

13. Styles420

Styles420 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 27, 2008
    United States
    Denver, Colorado
    Sliding menu sounds like a direct reference to Sakura... which just might be the smoothest OS on any flashcard judging by everything I've read. If the CycloDS got a GUI that good, I'd probably find a way to afford it (and a new GBA expansion, of course - I doubt the Cyclo can use the M3 Expansion).

14. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    Just a decent scrollbar, man, that's all I ask for. Just a decent scrollbar.

15. XRacer101

XRacer101 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario
    Yes, I would really like it if Team Cyclops made the new GUI. I bet they aren't going to do it in a while.

16. Nathan-NL

Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    I recently opened a topic at the Team Cyclops forum about this subject, you may want to check it out: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthrea...91113#post91113 [​IMG] (But you can't register yourself at the Team Cyclops forum, so If you want to react at my topic, you could ask me to start a similar topic on GBATemp [​IMG])

17. TraumaHoundNDS

TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2008
    United States
    Seattle, WA, USA

18. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 26, 2008
    Thailand
    I don't see why some people who don't want a new GUI would have to be so against people asking for a new GUI. Whether they are developing a new GUI or not, the chances are that TC will still be releasing the necessary bug fixes and new game support. So you have your needs satisfied.

The thing is, a lot of us forked out the extra cash for a Cyclo over, say, a Real or an Acekard, knowing we are getting a better cart. While the Cyclo is of course still better in term of features than these, we actually see a lacking GUI compared to other carts (even the Real has a better GUI than the Cyclo now which is saying something). A new GUI is a luxury, not a necessity, but then the CycloDS is a luxury product. If I wanted a necessity in terms of playing DS games I could have spent over 10 quid less.