Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I see. How come we can't do that when Running Ninjhax then? it uses the same or similiar exploit.
the ninjhax exploit runs off the card itself where as the with the new gateway exploit it loads the launcher in to ram and then runs it from there. Atleast thats the best reason i can come up with

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally! Got my Cubic ninja a few weeks ago when i started development, time to try this out :)

Ahh the only issue is that this breaks the homebrew launcher support :<

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So Sky3ds for $90 or Gateway and cubic together for $90. I think we all know which one is still the better of the two ;)

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean that GW3D is fixed for OOT3D as well?​
Also is there an advantage to having Cubic Ninja instead of OOT?​
What do they mean by Gateway Menu not supported?​
Is Jap 8.1 N3DS supported for Cubic Ninja exploit?​
Can I use USA Cubic Ninja with Jap N3DS?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd rather have a decent game like OOT in my n3ds all the time than something like CN... Anyway more options are always welcome!!

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remade AmazonJP order and grabbed a stand, grip, screen protector and CN for around $45 +Tenso shipping. So likely around $60 total. My JP N3DS can finally get some use, although the 8.1J issues are a bit if an annoyance. Hopefully GW clears those up soon so it's a smoother process.

Reactions: MrJason005

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
So Sky3ds for $90 or Gateway and cubic together for $90. I think we all know which one is still the better of the two ;)

the sky3ds does more so of course it's the better option that way but personally even though i have ordered a sky3ds card i still rather have a ninja cube because it has a far superior build quality (made by nintendo). ;)

lamende

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CN can be used on its own for homebrew or CFW, and doesn't need a dongle or a classic 3DS to upload the save for Gateway like OoT does.
On the other hand, OoT is a game worth having by itself.

So other than that, no difference?
I'm only going to playing my ROMS i've created and I have the O3DS and N3DS, with OOT3D on its way. I was scared that I'd have to buy cubic ninja.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can CN's header be used online? I hope everyone doesn't start using CN or OoT as their private header since that might be the only game a lot of people own with GW.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Watch them say, "Sorry we overbooked your order! Canceled!"
Hope that's not the case, good luck.

his mistake if they did,i ordered a CN copy as soon as i read this (We are also working on using Cubic Ninja as a means to load our Gateway menu, please stay tuned for more information soon!). & order was shipped today before GW released the update ;)

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean that GW3D is fixed for OOT3D as well? no​
Also is there an advantage to having Cubic Ninja instead of OOT? cubic ninja is chraper but nothing else realy​
What do they mean by Gateway Menu not supported? dont know​
Is Jap 8.1 N3DS supported for Cubic Ninja exploit? is should be?​
Can I use USA Cubic Ninja with Jap N3DS? kind of

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great so i had to delete my cubic ninja save, hold L+R+X+Y for a few seconds at the main menu and it comes up.

Gateway launcher loaded perfectly first time!

Currently backing up the system nand, though i should really get a hardmod instead.

Seems like the only reason Gateway released the OOT method was to proove a point, that they can also find save exploits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o