Hacking New Gateway 3.1.1 update (with Cubic Ninja support!)

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the noob question i have not done this before,can i save the QR image & use it from my desktop or do i have to use the one on the gw website ? how does the QR code work exactly ? does it download anything from the web when you scan it ? :)
The QR code downloads a payload from gateway servers, it doesn't matter what application you launch on your computer to display the QR code. You only have to scan the qr code once. Next time you want to use gateway, just pretend like you're going to scan the qr code, and when it comes time to scan it, it'll just boot gateway.

Reactions: cvskid and satel

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sorry for the noob question i have not done this before,can i save the QR image & use it from my desktop or do i have to use the one on the gw website ? how does the QR code work exactly ? does it download anything from the web when you scan it ? :)
It's a one time thing, after that you don't need the QR image

Reactions: satel

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
We have to wait for hackers to rip the exploit for offline use. Shouldn't take long.
The QR hacks the 3ds with ROP code, then downloads a secondary payload from GW's servers to install inside the save file so you won't have to download it each time you run the exploit.

Reactions: zfreeman and satel

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would it be possible to install cubic ninja as a cia to sysnand after installing gateway?

No, since it's not in the eshop there is no way to get a signed version for your console. Only games that were released as pre-installed can be used on any console's sysnand.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
would it be possible to install cubic ninja as a cia to sysnand after installing gateway?
sm7_facepalm.gif
.....why do people keep asking these questions, no, you cannot install a cia file and use it to boot into gateway mode, only games that came pre-bundles with a console have this honour...........ocarina of time or cubic ninja never recieved a pre-installed console bundle

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, since it's not in the eshop there is no way to get a signed version for your console. Only games that were released as pre-installed can be used on any console's sysnand.

Does that mean that if someone can find a preinstalled Ocarina of Time, it will work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol