New Gameplay Details for Assassin's Creed 2!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    News Source: 360Updates

Update #1: New info...alot of info, this is making want to get the first one and play through that one before this one.

Assassin's Creed 2 information
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

News Source: ScrewAttack

2. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    Making you swim doesn't make the game less repetitive.. the first one was repetitive cause it was the same mission over and over again.. I like the idea of the Renaissance and the balls sound interesting too.. I hope this time you can really stealthily assassinate people instead of just make them run and then chase them while running from guards ¬¬'

3. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    This actually sounds quite neat. The first one had some issues, I admit, but what was there (before the repetition set in) was quite good. And that climb anything go anywhere gameplay was really neat. I think one of the factors in the repetitiveness was the setting. Lets face is, that part of the world in that time period wasn't exactly a feast for the eyes. There was a lot of sand tones, a lot of stone tones, etc. And nothing much else.

This idea of attending masquerade balls and such for your assassinations will greatly increase the visual element, and lower the repetition factor. I'm reminded of similar levels in Hitman: Blood Money. Each one was a new experience, and a fun one at that. I think, given this new locale and time period, that this one should be a vast improvement. The last setting simply did not lend itself to good gameplay because the era had... nothing.

4. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    man this sounds sick! i hope it gets released for pc at the same time.

5. CockroachMan

Member CockroachMan Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.

Brazil
    True, the cities all looked the same.. and climbing stuff was neat, I had a lot more fun trying to climb all the eagle marks in the game than doing the missions!
    But that's not an excuse for repetition, the missions could have more variety, like on Hitman, where each target requires you think about how to get to it, what's the best weapon for the job, how you should disguise, how to get information about the target and etc. Now, Assassin's Creed had nothing of it.. as a 3D platform/climbing game it's awesome, but as an action/stealth game it's one big mess :/

And also (final mission spoiler)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

I feel better now [​IMG]

6. JDandy

Member JDandy GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    I actually liked Jerusalem as a setting, and I love desert locales, whereas I hate future/factory locales. But yeah, the game did suffer most from the "side-missions".
    There were 3 different ones, and they were recycled over and over. Having everybody you save say "I WISH... my son... vere HAFF as brave as YOU" also ruins the mood a bit, but on the whole, climbing all over the place like the spiderman and looking out over the city was awesome.

That said, Machiavelli setting sounds FREAKING BADASS. I hope the player will be some awesome merchant prince type character.

7. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    i do remember the ds having a similar problem but hey it's a limited system but the 360 should really make something shine and i feel they are going for that correctly

8. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    This sounds great. I never got around to finishing the game before but I definately want to in preparation for thsi.

9. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    More info for Assassin's Creed 2 added!