Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection gets Switch port next month

header (3).jpg

Ubisoft continues to work backwards through their Assassin's Creed lineup on the Nintendo Switch. After releasing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed III Remastered, yet another entry is headed to the Switch. Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection, originally released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016, is coming to a Nintendo system for the first time. Collecting Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed Revelations, the bundle contains all of the eponymous Ezio-era Assassin's Creed games, their DLCs, and two short story films.

This port of the game will feature touchscreen UI, an optimized HUD, HD Rumble, and handheld mode. It'll be releasing next month, on February 17th, for $39.99.

:arrow: Source

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not nintendo fault, most games could fit on 32gb cartriges, but devs dont like to buy them at all.
It's not Nintendo's fault, but it's a Nintendo console so those who are ultimately penalized are the customers as they can't get the game in "plug and play" style as we had for generations.

It's like, The Simpsons Arcade on 360/PS3 that wasn't Microsoft or Sony's fault the game didn't receive a physical copy though the ones who end up punished were the consumers, because if they didn't bought it digitally back then, well, that's it.

But, thank goodness for piracy so we can access content we may have bought, but left without access to play/watch/hear.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's not Nintendo's fault, but it's a Nintendo console so those who are ultimately penalized are the customers as they can't get the game in "plug and play" style as we had for generations.

It's like, The Simpsons Arcade on 360/PS3 that wasn't Microsoft or Sony's fault the game didn't receive a physical copy though the ones who end up punished were the consumers, because if they didn't bought it digitally back then, well, that's it.

But, thank goodness for piracy so we can access content we may have bought, but left without access to play/watch/hear.
So what do you want sony/microsoft/nintendo to do? Stop developers from releasing digital only games? force every game to have a complete on disc/cartridge physical edition?
Just seems it would be more unfair to alot of small time developers since many of them cant pay for physical releases.

COD games arent complete on disc since WWII, heck even halo infinite disc is just a 15gb place holder and you have to download everything from the servers, no game is printed on the disc at all and this is a first party Microsoft ip physical release and the game isnt even that big just under 30gb... so it would fit on any bluray disc.

While i only buy physical releases this seems to be more and more common the bigger the games get and ps5 and xbox sx will start having most games not complete as the generation moves on sadly.

Bad news aside is, you got the physical ezio collection on ps4/xbo that has all 3 games on disc so its preserved for the future, im always happy as long as at-least one console can have a working version (not servers required) for future generations.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do you want sony/microsoft/nintendo to do? Stop developers from releasing digital only games? force every game to have a complete on disc/cartridge physical edition?
Just seems it would be more unfair to alot of small time developers since many of them cant pay for physical releases.

COD games arent complete on disc since WWII, heck even halo infinite disc is just a 15gb place holder and you have to download everything from the servers, no game is printed on the disc at all and this is a first party Microsoft ip physical release and the game isnt even that big just under 30gb... so it would fit on any bluray disc.

While i only buy physical releases this seems to be more and more common the bigger the games get and ps5 and xbox sx will start having most games not complete as the generation moves on sadly.

Bad news aside is, you got the physical ezio collection on ps4/xbo that has all 3 games on disc so its preserved for the future, im always happy as long as at-least one console can have a working version (not servers required) for future generations.
They can't really do much, either. Consumers have to take what's available or not.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They can keep on milking the Ezio Collection just like Skyrim for all I care. I'm a huge fan of this game, freaking finally for the Switch at last. Now that there is a Switch port, I can now start hyping for the Ezio Collection remake. On to the next reboot/remake of Assassin's Creed 2! :rofl2:

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every Assassin's Creed game worth playing will soon be on the Switch
Dont count on Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Assassin's Creed Odyssey since Nintendo Switch is too far very weak for those two but it would be nice, thought! :creep: Just dont count Odyssey for a streaming, cloud-based version of the game anyway.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Dont count on Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Assassin's Creed Odyssey since Nintendo Switch is too far very weak for those two but it would be nice, thought! :creep: Just dont count Odyssey for a streaming, cloud-based version of the game anyway.
no one is countng on those games as being worthy of playing lol i think you missed the joke... those arent even assassin creed games anymore just open world historical rpgs.

• Haha
Reactions: spotanjo3

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Prepare for cart with only a smudge of the collection though. That is the one thing I hate about Nintendo Switch physical releases :(
they already said that only ACII is on the cartridge the rest is a download of (35gb) so yeah it was expected this time not even a 32gb cartridge could hold all 3 games they would have needed 64 gb ones and if devs dont pay for 32 they would never pay for 64.

Reactions: PatrickD85

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
they already said that only ACII is on the cartridge the rest is a download of (35gb) so yeah it was expected this time not even a 32gb cartridge could hold all 3 games they would have needed 64 gb ones and if devs dont pay for 32 they would never pay for 64.
Nintendo : our cartridge will support games sized up to 64gb
Dev : let's buy 8gb cartridge for our 50gb games, put some random data in the cartridge, and make the end user download the rest:evil:

Reactions: Codemastershock

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendo : our cartridge will support games sized up to 64gb
Dev : let's buy 8gb cartridge for our 50gb games, put some random data in the cartridge, and make the end user download the rest:evil:
what about microsoft and halo infinite? they pay the same for the bluray disc that hold 50 gb and yeat they putted only 15gb on the disc and the entire game+multiplayer was under 50gb so they didnt even bothered to put the game into the disc and they paid the same exact ammount... yeah doesnt matter for some devs, atleast on nintendo they have the excuse of money increasing with filesize but on current gen they dont have that excuse anymore.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They can keep on milking the Ezio Collection just like Skyrim for all I care. I'm a huge fan of this game, freaking finally for the Switch at last. Now that there is a Switch port, I can now start hyping for the Ezio Collection remake. On to the next reboot/remake of Assassin's Creed 2! :rofl2:
The Ezio Collection has only been released like two times. I hardly call that "milking".

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you already have 3,liberation,4 and rogue on the switch with this one you will get 2,brotherhood and revelations.

As for the first one, not even ubisot has ported it anywhere since release, its the only AC game stuck in ps3/xbox360 so if they didnt even port it to ps4/xb1 i highly doubt they would go for the trouble of porting it to the switch tbh, seems ubisoft wants to forget 1 exists.
1 i can play on Xbox Series X at 60fps 4k via backwards compatibility! Gotta love that

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Ezio Collection has only been released like two times. I hardly call that "milking".
Oh?! I did't know that. I just assume the ACII series and called them Ezio Collection. It doesn't matter as I have been anticipating it for the Switch because I played ACIII, Rogue and Black Flag on that console. Then it got me thinking why they didn't port it on the Switch. I bit late but hey, it is finally coming. I'm just glad they didn't go the "streaming port" path (if they can even call it a port). 😂🤣

felindamuliadi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Fyeah! I remember first time playing it on PS3 (which I already sold years ago) and never played it again but d*mn do I miss it so much. ;___;
I didn't know I needed AC on Switch until now. ;___;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over