'Baldur's Gate 3' gets new trailer, character creation and romance details

baldur's gate 3.jpg

During today's Panel From Hell: Release Showcase, the final chaotic live update show from Larian Studios before the game's release, a new trailer and gameplay details about Baldur’s Gate 3 was revealed. In particular, character creation and romance details were shared.

At launch, players will be able to personalise their characters with the following:
  • New skin options like freckles, vitiligo, scars
  • New tattoo designs
  • Heterochromia
  • Lip makeup customization
  • Accessories like earrings and piercings
  • Horn color customization for Tieflings
An age slider will allow you to adjust your character's age, and strong body types allow for larger body sizes across all genders.

As for romance options, the game will also enable you to get creative. “Have you ever considered the joys and pleasures of sexual congress with a wildshaped Druid?” asked Adam Smith, lead writer. “Because at Larian, we have, and ultimately landed on the side of giving the people what they want: tender, consensual romance with a man temporarily transformed into a grizzly bear.”

Baldur’s Gate 3 offers ample opportunities for romance with the characters you’ll grow closest with, and no two relationships follow the same formula. Emotional intimacy with one party member may slowly bud into mutual physical desire with one party member, while a relationship that begins with a night of post-Goblin-slaughtering passion could also blossom into something vulnerable and sweet, given proper care.

Baldur’s Gate 3 releases August 3 on PC and September 6 on PlayStation 5.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah you both need to touch grass. It's an M-rated fantasy video game, little Timmy shouldn't be playing it at all, but even if he does I doubt he's gonna go try to romance a grizzly bear IRL.
ok heres some facts you are already aware of but can still check

1- LOTS of parents let their childs (im talking about childs under 10 y/o) play games like GTA
2- I hear it less and lesser now, but not too long ago, when a young adult was being violent, older people would blame violence in video games

Can we say that if little timmy plays this, in older people mind, his parents are promoting zoophilia to him?

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was completely confused, until I looked up what they were saying.

That said, they are totally OK with all the killing you can do in this game. "Why don't you just watch a horror movie?"

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I was completely confused, until I looked up what they were saying.

That said, they are totally OK with all the killing you can do in this game. "Why don't you just watch a horror movie?"
Yeah ofc, gratuitous violence is the American way, but optional (implied) anal sex in my vidja?! Get outta here with that commie shit Stalin!!1 /s

The bear thing was just Larian messing with their audience, and their audience thought it was hilarious at the event where this was premiered.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Other developers are heaping some pretty high praise on BG3, saying that they can't be expected to hold themselves to the same standard. Understandable for indie devs, but several AAA studios with even bigger budgets than Larian's also concur. :rofl:

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Other developers are heaping some pretty high praise on BG3, saying that they can't be expected to hold themselves to the same standard. Understandable for indie devs, but several AAA studios with even bigger budgets than Larian's also concur. :rofl:

a realistic appraisal of mediocrity. With a smaller budget larian still did the Original Sin games. Besides, what matters is not that the game is horizontally massive, but that its gameplay is deep.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can confirm +2