Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection gets Switch port next month

header (3).jpg

Ubisoft continues to work backwards through their Assassin's Creed lineup on the Nintendo Switch. After releasing Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed III Remastered, yet another entry is headed to the Switch. Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection, originally released for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016, is coming to a Nintendo system for the first time. Collecting Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, and Assassin's Creed Revelations, the bundle contains all of the eponymous Ezio-era Assassin's Creed games, their DLCs, and two short story films.

This port of the game will feature touchscreen UI, an optimized HUD, HD Rumble, and handheld mode. It'll be releasing next month, on February 17th, for $39.99.

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: RIP Akira Toriyama
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I’ve been meaning to get into these games and was about to get into them before a messy breakup with my ex boyfriend had separated me from my opportunities to play them. So I’ve been looking forward to these games coming to the Switch.

Reactions: ChaosEternal

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd hold all reservations until performance is seen but honestly why have a problem with this port when the truth is doing AC3 before these is the real crime.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cool for anyone not having played those old games already, yet I for one did and if I wanted to play them again and on the go there's going to be a Steam Deck that does that for me soon. And it's not even asking me to pay for it again.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally any time I see one of these announcements I look for it to say “cloud version” somewhere but it doesn’t so good on that! Too bad it then had to fall for the good ol’ “only one game in a Switch collection is on the cart” pitfall.

Now when can we get the first AC remastered?

Reactions: Chary

ApprihensivSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love for a "1 collection" with some of the side games like Bloodlines and Altair's Chronicles included. I've also always been a fan of some sort of structure that lets you skip to the missions in the first game, since the open world was mostly just window dressing in that one. Pretty, and usually fun, window dressing, I just didn't like the forced minigame grind between missions.

Reactions: xfxmrl

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm currently playing through the FPS boosted Ezio Collection on XSX, awesome games.
Nice that they're coming to Switch, but I can't do 30 FPS anymore

Reactions: Cortador

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More old ports coming to the switch years later.

I mean why would you pay full price for an inferior version, when you can grab the better version for a few quid in the bargain bin.

And one more thing I didnt like about this is why its missing #1.

The first 3 were the best, as they actually had a storyline.

Don't get why craptivision are only giving gamers dribs and drabs of a story.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Great, we need AC1,2,3,4 and all of the others on Switch!
you already have 3,liberation,4 and rogue on the switch with this one you will get 2,brotherhood and revelations.

As for the first one, not even ubisot has ported it anywhere since release, its the only AC game stuck in ps3/xbox360 so if they didnt even port it to ps4/xb1 i highly doubt they would go for the trouble of porting it to the switch tbh, seems ubisoft wants to forget 1 exists.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HD Rumble? Nice to see this feature isn't dead and forgotten.

It's a great feature, but most games don't use it. BotW did and it was very enjoyable.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
These type of physical releases make it pointless to buy a hard copy since most of the content has to be downloaded.

What a shame Nintendo went down that road too so games can't just be inserted and played. : /
its not nintendo fault, most games could fit on 32gb cartriges, but devs dont like to buy them at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over