New Game+ Expo 2021 - roundup

New Game+ Expo is here again for another year in a row, bringing us all sorts of localization news that we can expect to see for Japanese games headed westward. There's plenty to see in this live stream, so be sure to tune in, or keep an eye on this thread to see all the highlights.

The show kicks off with a few trailers. We see Volta-X, already available.

Aksys Games' Variable Barricade has a Q1 2022 release window. Appears to be an otome visual novel.

Another Aksys title, Olympia Soiree will be out Fall 2021 for the Switch.

Harvest Moon: One World, already out, for PS4/NS/XB1.

Mighty Goose hits PC in Q2 2021. It's a 2D shooter and you play as a goose with guns.

NISA is bringing over Saviors of Sapphire wings: Stringer of Sword City Revisited to the Switch and PC on March 16th.

Suda from Grasshopper is up, introducing the show, and announcing that his game, The Silver Case: The 25th Ward, sequel to The Silver Case, will be getting an official translation for the Nintendo Switch, in a two-pack release that will come with the original game as well. You solve puzzles and it's in an adventure game format. July 6, 2021.

A very colorful anime game is being shown next. It's Mary Skelter: Finale. PS4/NS, fall 2021.

Rico London gets a very very short trailer, launches for XB1/PS4+5/NS summer 2021. You're a gang-buster.

The first-person Doom-like Exophobia hits on October 5th, for all consoles.

Guilty Gear -Strive- shows off Anji in a gameplay trailer. PC and PS4+5 release on June 11th.

Pocky and Rocky: Reshrined brings the pair to modern systems. PS4 and Switch, coming Fall 2021.

Looking quite a lot like Stardew Valley in terms of aesthetics, graphics, and everything is Alchemic Cutie, headed to Xbox Series S|X on July 27th. It's a farming sim, but with slime monsters.

A trailer for Gnosia, which bills itself as a visual novel single-player take on Among Us. Launches today as a Switch exclusive.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is getting yet another remake. Neptunia reVerse hits PS5 on June 8th.

World's End Club is a game with a story from both the Danganronpa and Zero Escape creators. May 28. Switch.

PM Studios offers up a puzzle game in the form of Ever Forward, which looks like it might have 3D platforming similar to the Distortion World. All consoles, June 29th.

Wanna be a vet? Take care of cats and dogs and nurse them back to health in Pups & Purrs Animal Hospital, a Switch exclusive releasing this summer.

Connect conveyor belts to fill your tanks with ammo in order to destroy enemies and serve your capitalist overlords in ConnecTank, all platforms, summer 2021.

A dungeon-murder-mystery game? That's the concept of The Sealed Ampoule, where you farm materials inside a dungeon, literally. Releases today on Steam.

Disgaea 6 has a western release date now. June 29th. Another Switch exclusive.

Keiji Inafune is working on the latest Gunvolt game. Delayed to 2022. A new director has been brought on to help the game. A short gameplay segment was also shown off.

A mysterious structure appeared out of nowhere. It's your job to investigate and defeat the monsters within. Yomiwosakuhana lacks an English name for now, but it's going to launch on all platforms this fall.

Death End reQuest hits the Switch on April 27th. Will get a physical release thanks to Limited Run Games.

There is absolutely zero English in the trailer for this next game. What is it? Looks very anime. Lots of cute anime boys. Probably an otome visual novel again. So many anime boys. Fall 2021 even though it featured zero translation. Switch exclusive. Dairoku: Ayakashimori.

Play soccer but with baseball bats. "Soccer but with beat em up gameplay"=. Different minigame modes and cutesy characters. Has local and online multiplayer. Headed to all consoles on August 31st.

Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle Remastered hits PC. Original Phantom Brave heads to Switch, with enhanced features and content.

Soul Nomad & the World Eaters returns as well.

Both of the aforementioned games are getting a two-for-one release in Prinny Presents: NIS Classics Volume 1, coming to the Switch this summer.

A quick reel of other upcoming games includes:

Fishing Fighters, summer 2021, Switch.
R-Type Final 2, April 30, all platforms.
Trials of Cold Steel IV: April 9, Switch, PC.
Poison Control, April 13, PS4, Switch.
Void TRRLM[];++//Void Terrarium++, May 18, PS5.
Code Realize Wintertide Miracles, Switch, out now.
Samurai Warriors 5, July 27, all platforms.

The final announcement is Blaster Master Zero III. July 29, all platforms except Xbox.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually bought GNOSIA earlier today. It looks interesting - apparently each playthrough is about 15 minutes long. If anyone's interested, I'll post something about it after spending time with it.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty weak overall. Most of these things were just locked-in release dates for things we knew were already headed to the west this year. Some of which were already even known.

Phantom Brave/that Prinny Presents Collection is pretty cool, though.

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disgaea 6 is still Switch exclusive even though there’s a PS4 version in Japan ugh

That being said, SOUL NOMAD IS COMING BACK WOO. Kinda weird this collection is Switch exclusive as well. Soul Nomad has been PS2 exclusive since it was released but alas I’ll still bite the bullet so I can actually go back and finish the game this time.

GenNaz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hyped that more people will be playing The Silver Case and T25W - don't sleep on these games, especially if you're already familiar with Killer7 or No More Heroes. The collector's edition looks nice too.

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to see an update on Gunvolt, even if it's that it's getting delayed? to 2022. Man, I've been waiting far too long for this game! xD I guess I should be glad they're taking their time to refine it properly, I heard they were having a hard time designing the new gameplay mechanics.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keiji Inafune is working on the latest Gunvolt game. Delayed to 2022. A new director has been brought on to help the game. A short gameplay segment was also shown off.
WHAT!? I had my money set aside for this. Where my release date! :blink:

The final announcement is Blaster Master Zero III. July 29
MUST PREPARE.... WALLET... TO BUY! For review. :yayswitch:

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over