New Game+ Expo 2021 - roundup

New Game+ Expo is here again for another year in a row, bringing us all sorts of localization news that we can expect to see for Japanese games headed westward. There's plenty to see in this live stream, so be sure to tune in, or keep an eye on this thread to see all the highlights.

The show kicks off with a few trailers. We see Volta-X, already available.

Aksys Games' Variable Barricade has a Q1 2022 release window. Appears to be an otome visual novel.

Another Aksys title, Olympia Soiree will be out Fall 2021 for the Switch.

Harvest Moon: One World, already out, for PS4/NS/XB1.

Mighty Goose hits PC in Q2 2021. It's a 2D shooter and you play as a goose with guns.

NISA is bringing over Saviors of Sapphire wings: Stringer of Sword City Revisited to the Switch and PC on March 16th.

Suda from Grasshopper is up, introducing the show, and announcing that his game, The Silver Case: The 25th Ward, sequel to The Silver Case, will be getting an official translation for the Nintendo Switch, in a two-pack release that will come with the original game as well. You solve puzzles and it's in an adventure game format. July 6, 2021.

A very colorful anime game is being shown next. It's Mary Skelter: Finale. PS4/NS, fall 2021.

Rico London gets a very very short trailer, launches for XB1/PS4+5/NS summer 2021. You're a gang-buster.

The first-person Doom-like Exophobia hits on October 5th, for all consoles.

Guilty Gear -Strive- shows off Anji in a gameplay trailer. PC and PS4+5 release on June 11th.

Pocky and Rocky: Reshrined brings the pair to modern systems. PS4 and Switch, coming Fall 2021.

Looking quite a lot like Stardew Valley in terms of aesthetics, graphics, and everything is Alchemic Cutie, headed to Xbox Series S|X on July 27th. It's a farming sim, but with slime monsters.

A trailer for Gnosia, which bills itself as a visual novel single-player take on Among Us. Launches today as a Switch exclusive.

Hyperdimension Neptunia is getting yet another remake. Neptunia reVerse hits PS5 on June 8th.

World's End Club is a game with a story from both the Danganronpa and Zero Escape creators. May 28. Switch.

PM Studios offers up a puzzle game in the form of Ever Forward, which looks like it might have 3D platforming similar to the Distortion World. All consoles, June 29th.

Wanna be a vet? Take care of cats and dogs and nurse them back to health in Pups & Purrs Animal Hospital, a Switch exclusive releasing this summer.

Connect conveyor belts to fill your tanks with ammo in order to destroy enemies and serve your capitalist overlords in ConnecTank, all platforms, summer 2021.

A dungeon-murder-mystery game? That's the concept of The Sealed Ampoule, where you farm materials inside a dungeon, literally. Releases today on Steam.

Disgaea 6 has a western release date now. June 29th. Another Switch exclusive.

Keiji Inafune is working on the latest Gunvolt game. Delayed to 2022. A new director has been brought on to help the game. A short gameplay segment was also shown off.

A mysterious structure appeared out of nowhere. It's your job to investigate and defeat the monsters within. Yomiwosakuhana lacks an English name for now, but it's going to launch on all platforms this fall.

Death End reQuest hits the Switch on April 27th. Will get a physical release thanks to Limited Run Games.

There is absolutely zero English in the trailer for this next game. What is it? Looks very anime. Lots of cute anime boys. Probably an otome visual novel again. So many anime boys. Fall 2021 even though it featured zero translation. Switch exclusive. Dairoku: Ayakashimori.

Play soccer but with baseball bats. "Soccer but with beat em up gameplay"=. Different minigame modes and cutesy characters. Has local and online multiplayer. Headed to all consoles on August 31st.

Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle Remastered hits PC. Original Phantom Brave heads to Switch, with enhanced features and content.

Soul Nomad & the World Eaters returns as well.

Both of the aforementioned games are getting a two-for-one release in Prinny Presents: NIS Classics Volume 1, coming to the Switch this summer.

A quick reel of other upcoming games includes:

Fishing Fighters, summer 2021, Switch.
R-Type Final 2, April 30, all platforms.
Trials of Cold Steel IV: April 9, Switch, PC.
Poison Control, April 13, PS4, Switch.
Void TRRLM[];++//Void Terrarium++, May 18, PS5.
Code Realize Wintertide Miracles, Switch, out now.
Samurai Warriors 5, July 27, all platforms.

The final announcement is Blaster Master Zero III. July 29, all platforms except Xbox.

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Never heard of the vast majority of these. Gunvolt, I tried the (first?) 3DS game...not my thing. Hyperdimension Neptunia I've also tried, and I've seen Disgaea before. The rest...complete unknowns.
Finally, someone else I can force to play gunvolt

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Shit, you tried it already, misread your post

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I've also played a bit of Harvest Moon before, back when there was no "Story of Seasons" split. Tale of Two Towns, I think.
Didn't get far into it.

So yeah, I know of exactly FOUR things in that list. I overlooked Harvest Moon in my original comment...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

McPringles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle Remastered hits PC. Original Phantom Brave heads to Switch, with enhanced features and content.

Soul Nomad & the World Eaters returns as well.

Both of the aforementioned games are getting a two-for-one release in Prinny Presents: NIS Classics Volume 1, coming to the Switch this summer.
I don't think the Phantom Brave remaster coming to Switch is any different than the version that's been on Steam the last five years (other than maybe swapping out the font), so it'll be interesting to see how they price this - Phantom Brave is only $5 on Steam regularly, on sale for $3 right now. And it's Soul Nomad that's getting a PC release later on, not Phantom Brave.

xatzimi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly did Aksys go from localising the excellent Zero Escape series into the mediocrity of almost exclusively translating otome VNs, again?

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

he tried gunvolt 1
which um yeah
I have the striker pack on switch and have played the hell out of it
and hoo boy did they vastly improve level design and shit in 2
(and also copen is best character, fight me)

Julie_Pilgrim

Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
he tried gunvolt 1
which um yeah
I have the striker pack on switch and have played the hell out of it
and hoo boy did they vastly improve level design and shit in 2
(and also copen is best character, fight me)
I mean, gunvolt 1 was pretty fun, but then I last played it when I was like 6 so it's probably the nostalgia speaking

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, gunvolt 1 was pretty fun, but then I last played it when I was like 6 so it's probably the nostalgia speaking
like it's kinda fun but it's also got some annoyance in it
some of the level design is jank, the shot types being tied to the tag cap means you're basically only ever going to use either regular shot or
dullahan for heehoo raw damage go brrr
some bosses, especially elise, ESPECIALLY especially
the rematch with her third and even crazier personality
and basically everything surrounding the non-true final boss
nova in both phases
is a hallmark of obnoxious design
first phase: annoyingly difficult-to-dodge attacks? check. a gimmick that makes him completely invincible unless you actively make yourself vulnerable at close range? check. general dickishness? check.
second phase: beefy healthbar? check. invulnerability whenever either of the designated separate weak-points isn't under constant attack? check. those weak-points ATTACKING YOU? check. at low health, basically putting the remainder of the fight on an unavoidable instant-death timer? CHECK.
fun game, many rough edges

Last edited by Plasmaster09,

Julie_Pilgrim

Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
like it's kinda fun but it's also got some annoyance in it
some of the level design is jank, the shot types being tied to the tag cap means you're basically only ever going to use either regular shot or
dullahan for heehoo raw damage go brrr
some bosses, especially elise, ESPECIALLY especially
the rematch with her third and even crazier personality
and basically everything surrounding the non-true final boss
nova in both phases
is a hallmark of obnoxious design
fun game, many rough edges
I didn't like the part in gunvolt 2's pre- final boss stage where you had to sing, now I'm aware that I can just blow into the mic or whatever, but at the time, the only way I knew how to deal with mic situations was yelling, which probably made me look insane to everyone around me

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't like the part in gunvolt 2's pre- final boss stage where you had to sing, now I'm aware that I can just blow into the mic or whatever, but at the time, the only way I knew how to deal with mic situations was yelling, which probably made me look insane to everyone around me
since I only played on switch I didn't have to worry about that
musta been stupid as fuck though lol
though at least it makes sense in universe thematically

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Sooo this is like, the poor man's E3? it sure feels like it.
That makes Chary's coverage report even more important, you saved us all a lot of time, glad I didn't have to watch that :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over