www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
ds.gif
New card on the market - iTouchDS
Game shortcuts, SDHC, cheat, slow-mo
itouchdscard.png

A new DS flashcart by the M3 Team will be available on the market shortly that supports SDHC, cheats, slow motion, download play and a new game shortcut feature. The iTouchDS is the budget priced card from the M3 Team revealed on GBAtemp that is set to compete against the likes of the DSTT.

With SDHC cards growing in storage size the iTouchDS lets you create quick shortcuts to games or homebrew on the loader menu. Your 'favourites' can be bookmarked in a seperate menu easily accessible when booting up the card. Along with this the card features multiple saves for one game, a cheat engine, slow motion, soft reset, auto-DLDI and download play support.

GBAtemp will have hands-on impressions with the iTouchDS early next week thanks to OzModChips.

icon11.gif
iTouchDS Website
icon11.gif
Official Manual

Update! Our affiliate ConsoleSource.com have started shipping units of the iTouchDS - click here to view the iTouchDS page on ConsoleSource !

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds nice, I'm sure many people would love the short cut thing.

I won't be getting one myself as I just spent money recently on a CycloDS but I'm sure there's a lot of people out there right now looking for a replacement seeing more and more slot-2 cards are failing with new games.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Sounds nice, I'm sure many people would love the short cut thing.

I won't be getting one myself as I just spent money recently on a CycloDS but I'm sure there's a lot of people out there right now looking for a replacement seeing more and more slot-2 cards are failing with new games.

same here, i'm pretty much happy with my cyclo DS.

jelbo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice options, though 'budget priced' makes it look as a basic flashcard, which it is in a way. I want to tinker with dozens of options and features
tongue.gif

sueil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like it will be a pretty nice card. The budget cards are getting better and better. I'm quite happy with my cyclo though.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Looks nice, should replace my aging R4 nicely. Some good features on it, love the shortcut idea. But nothing new otherwise. Here's hoping this turns out pretty good.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lol iTouchDS logo fails with a Game Boy Micro... GB Micro cant read Slot-1 cards!
wtf.gif
(and they could've come up with something else than "iTouch" name... sounds like yet another crappy apple product)

Love the options though... sounds like a nice card for a budget one.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Slave said:
lol iTouchDS logo fails with a Game Boy Micro... GB Micro cant read Slot-1 cards!
wtf.gif
(and they could've come up with something else than "iTouch" name... sounds like yet another crappy apple product)

Love the options though... sounds like a nice card for a budget one.

The logo is the bottom half of a DS (hence the four buttons, not two), presumably to focus on the touchscreen playing a big role in this card.

QUOTE(BionicTom @ Apr 18 2008, 07:58 PM) How is this budget? It offers more features than the M3 Simply does. Will it replace the simply?

It probably wont replace the simply, it would be a completely new line of card I imagine. It's available from OzModChips already for $AU55, which I consider to be budget price compared to the $75 CycloDS or $70 R4.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else getting the idea M3 team are getting a bit hooked on the idea that more new products = more sales? I take this announcement as a somewhat bad thing for their current product owners.

For a budget card, basically I picked up my M3Real for ~35USD when they first came out (about the same price I got an R4 for, before things went nuts), and M3 haven't come even close to completely removing the bugs (or interface confusion) from any of their current products interfaces - aside from M3DSS, which I'm not entirely sure the same people can take credit for.

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Normmatt said:
According to this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80475 this card has/will have support for RTS, this would make it the first 'budget' cart to have this feature.
Yeah, and I'm glad it's not an April Fools as claimed in abovementioned thread.

When's the GBAtemp review coming? I'd love to see how it compares to the SCDS1 feature-wise, considering that both have RTS and a touch screen GUI.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: