Hacking New 3ds update: 6.2.0-12U

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
r4i gold rts card works flawlessly after updating :lol: (HYC had the new stock where the card does not need cutting or patch to work on 6.0/6.1 though so i cant confirm for the ones that were cut...)

I can confirm, it's working.
Mine is the one that came with digital bros with a white dot

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you've got a DSTWO, you might as well update.

You never know how long they will take to release an update.
Unless you want desperatedly to buy something at e-shop,
I don't recommend updating your system, even with a DSTwo.

I had a DSTwo and it was bricked with a Nintendo update.

PS: Sorry for the double post

steve007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I well wait the e=shop is over rated anyway
You never know how long they will take to release an update.
Unless you want desperatedly to buy something at e-shop,

PS: Sorry for the double post

I well wait to update the e-shop is over rated anyway. (Guild Wars 2 keeps me busy )

Arique

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I well wait the e=shop is over rated anyway
Yeah, same here. Except that I actually like the eShop, and the only reason why I'm not updating is because I don't have the money for those Mii Plaza games. Tempting as it may be, I'm holding off until I can scoop up some money to buy those games.

EDIT: By the way, I forgot to mention: For those who own the R4iGold 3DS, you won't have to snip any cables this time around. Just drag and drop the update file onto your flash cart, load it up on a Nintendo DS Lite and go to town!

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sorry, but that sounds like total bullshit. I bet it didn't get "bricked" but just unusable on that firmware (which can be changed by updating your DSTwo).

Reactions: gamefan5 and Rydian

Detonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
EDIT: By the way, I forgot to mention: For those who own the R4iGold 3DS, you won't have to snip any cables this time around. Just drag and drop the update file onto your flash cart, load it up on a Nintendo DS Lite and go to town!

Yes, but, what if you did cut the line for the previous update?
Does it mean now that if you had just waited for this update, you never would have needed to cut at all?

Detonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
no, the line needed to be cut on that revision

I don't understand it fully, does the current update has the pre-requisite that the line is already cut ?
Or can it just be applied and work correctly on an un-cut r4i 3ds fully skipping the previous 6.0 patch and cutting?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I don't understand it fully, does the current update has the pre-requisite that the line is already cut ?
Or can it just be applied and work correctly on an un-cut r4i 3ds fully skipping the previous 6.0 patch and cutting?

revs 9,A, and the Rev C's that where released after dont require the cut because they never needed it

they assume people had had to do the cut already updated and cut the line

what is so hard to understand??

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry, but that sounds like total bullshit. I bet it didn't get "bricked" but just unusable on that firmware (which can be changed by updating your DSTwo).

It stopped working, not only on 3DS but even on a DS Phat.
The console simply didn't recognize the card, even when on a DS Phat, even changing the SD,
even when I tried to unbrick installing it's firmware from another card.
I tried everything to unbrick it, so no it isn't bullshit, it got bricked, wether Nintendo did it or not is the question

Detonator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
revs 9,A, and the Rev C's that where released after dont require the cut because they never needed it

they assume people had had to do the cut already updated and cut the line

what is so hard to understand??

The hard to understand part was the statement that this time the cut was not needed. In reality, the
cut is still needed and the reason you don't have to cut this time is simply because you already did before.

Anyway, I do understand it now, so thanks a lot !!!

(I did the update to 6.0 and cut the line, but I didn't update the 3DS firmware, I just did in case I accidently installed the update, so I'll update the r4i as well now to 6.2)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
40 dollars is rather expensive for something you know will break and become useless very soon. We're not all in the situation where 40 bucks are chump change and we dont all have parents who hand out 50's like they're 5's.
The DSTwo is the onyl flash cart that's never been rendered obsolete by a 3DS update.

In fact, it came out in 2010, while the 3DS came out in 2011. So it's survived every single 3DS update from 1.0 to (insert specific version number of this one here).

Whereas even the R4i Gold models sometimes don't even survive two 3DS updates in a row.

EDIT: 2012 -> 2010. >>;
EDIT2: >>;

Reactions: signz

justinwebb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It stopped working, not only on 3DS but even on a DS Phat.
The console simply didn't recognize the card, even when on a DS Phat, even changing the SD,
even when I tried to unbrick installing it's firmware from another card.
I tried everything to unbrick it, so no it isn't bullshit, it got bricked, wether Nintendo did it or not is the question
Sounds like something corrupted, it wasn't "bricked" per se but something went wrong with upgrading it.

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The DSTwo is the onyl flash cart that's never been rendered obsolete by a 3DS update.

In fact, it came out in 2012, while the 3DS came out in 2011. So it's survived every single 3DS update from 1.0 to (insert specific version number of this one here).

Whereas even the R4i Gold models sometimes don't even survive two 3DS updates in a row.

I dont know about previous patches, but considering this patch came less than 12 hours after Nintendo blocked it.. Id say it doesnt matter. Its not like we have to wait a month before a patch.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I dont know about previous patches, but considering this patch came less than 12 hours after Nintendo blocked it.. Id say it doesnt matter. Its not like we have to wait a month before a patch.
I'm talking permanently. For example none of the R4i Gold models I had (including the one they sent me for the review) have been able to update for 5.x or 6.x (they stopped some time in the middle of 4.x actually). The recent updates only work on the newer models.

SolidMario7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was hoping the streetpass relay feature would work with homemade nintendo zones. I guess it won't works unless 3ds' connects to the same router (IP, subnet mask, gateway IP, etc.)? Oh well; I guess I have to get out after all...

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm talking permanently. For example none of the R4i Gold models I had (including the one they sent me for the review) have been able to update for 5.x or 6.x (they stopped some time in the middle of 4.x actually). The recent updates only work on the newer models.

Ah, gotcha :)

We went from 1.0 to now 6.2 in 2.5 years. I was looking at R4i Gold 3DS site and it looks like they were able to patch up all revisions since 3DS software 4.0ish? Even on older cards? Thats about a year of patches. I presume that they also got better at hiding the card from Nintendo (they had to right? since the blocking makes Nintendo's grip tighter and tighter).

Hopefully current ones last until the end of times with just software patches.

But even if it doesnt DSTwo is like 3 times the price of R4's, so getting a new R4 every few years could be a strategy with equal budget, but you do end up with several cards that you can use on DSi and DSL long after they have been stopped on 3DS. It also may be a smarter strategy, because DSTwo cant survive forever? So dropping 15$ and having something work without the need to buy anything else for a year or two may be better than hoping that hardware made 3 or 4 or 5 years before works. You know what I mean? Its not like DSTwo hasnt been blocked before, 4.x blocked it, 5.x blocked it, this 6.2 blocked it, its just they have always been able to fix it via a patch, how long is that going to last though? Maybe forever, maybe not... and who knows maybe R4i gold 3ds hardware is at that point now too...

Either way I am impressed by the team's support of these cards, I remember the early days of DSLite carts, it would take months to get anything (when new games wouldnt run).

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I was hoping the streetpass relay feature would work with homemade nintendo zones. I guess it won't works unless 3ds' connects to the same router (IP, subnet mask, gateway IP, etc.)? Oh well; I guess I have to get out after all...

My guess is that its not simply a wifi hotspot, it has to store your streetpass data with all of the streetpass stuff from all of the games on your DS, so I imagine its a device (or special Nintendo manufactured router with onboard storage) that they use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC