Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

fcz_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i think sky3ds is a shitty card, i feel safe with gateway and emunand with constant updates, gateway seems to work great like a serious team...if you see sky3ds, its a 10 games lock, so thats isn't great as it sound, what happen if nintendo do somenthing in the next update to lock sky3ds? gateway can work on an update, but this new cards?...also you forget that gateway, with that price, can handle NDS games with blue card and 3DS games with red card, and hombrew and cia files, and emunand, and i hope many more in the future :) .

AfroJackX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think sky3ds is a shitty card, i feel safe with gateway and emunand with constant updates, gateway seems to work great like a serious team...if you see sky3ds, its a 10 games lock, so thats isn't great as it sound, what happen if nintendo do somenthing in the next update to lock sky3ds? gateway can work on an update, but this new cards?...also you forget that gateway, with that price, can handle NDS games with blue card and 3DS games with red card, and hombrew and cia files, and emunand, and i hope many more in the future :) .
I wish that they will be able to release a update before Christmas for 9x firmware. (Yes I know I have said this like 50 times already)

Reactions: Margen67

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I really don't see what Nintendo can do about this. :lol: AFAIK, it's indistinguishable from a legitimate game card from the 3DS's perspective.

ya it seems to use the correct keys for each game so its likely impossible for Nintendo to block without screwing over legitimate copies in the process. in the future they could add some sort of new security check but everything announced at this point will be playable on this card.

if someone figures out a work around the 10 game limit its pretty much the ideal card if all you want to do is play retail roms.

Iamapirate

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm quite fond of the method of selecting games on this, actually.

I hope that someone uploads a Majora's Mask 3D ROM on the net after it's released. To have all of the Zelda games on 3ds & backups would be great.

I also don't think people are cutting this enough slack. Yes, this has it's restrictions, but so does Gateway. Gateway is a better card, and I'd buy one in an instant if they come out with 9x support (Coming next year, if I had to guess), but, if you have a 3DS over the firmware of 4.5, you can't use Gateway. That's why I don't get these people who say "This card sucks, I'll stick with my Gateway." Good, do that, but some of us, a majority of us don't have the option and would rather buy a card than a new system.

Gateway also had that one ROM per-SD stuff. Yeah, you could buy multiple SD Cards, but I'd rather have ten games at once, than one game per SD. It'd be annoying to constantly be switching between these unmarked SDs til you find the right game. I think we should look at the fact that people are actually making a Flashcart that CAN WORK WITH THE CURRENT FIRMWARE, rather than the restrictions it has.

LaserZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You're overlooking that it only works for 4.5 firmware 3DS. Those of us that have updated ones cannot use it. I've been waiting, hoping for Gateway to step it up and come up with a way for the Gateway or a new Gateway flash cart to support the latest firmware updates.

So sure, Sky3DS doesn't support homebrew, it doesn't support beyond 10 games. But being able to use the flash carts on the latest firmwares, I see that as a major breakthrough. Hopefully this will force Gateway to step it up. I've felt they've been alienating customers by focusing on the 4.5. Sky3DS at least caters to more people.

Is the limit only 10 games? Or can you play other games if you swap the rom files out on the sd card?

10 games limit, the card will remember the first 10 games you put in.

I'm still wondering about this:
My question would be how it affects placing the same games on it. What if we wanted to play Pokemon X/Y/OR/AS repeatedly so we don't wipe out our previous game saves? Will each X/Y/OR/AS count as 1 game each out of the 10? Can we place 1 of each onto a MicroSD, then play again through a different MicroSD? Technically they'd be the same games, but with different saves. Just wondering if this would work.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
so , has anyone bought this ?
is this really work on 3DS above 4.5 ?
i heard someone bought it and tried it , is that true ?

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
As long as the "10 ROM copy limit" is in effect, this card is only for a selected group of people. I mean for like 3-4 times the money you can get the originals used from Gamestop, Ebay or whatever.

If the limit can be removed, then this will be a nice card, but I imagine it's not so easy and once done the sky3ds group will probably try to reverse it again somehow.

I don't know, seems like a false start from day one.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
As long as the "10 ROM copy limit" is in effect, this card is only for a selected group of people. I mean for like 3-4 times the money you can get the originals used from Gamestop, Ebay or whatever.

If the limit can be removed, then this will be a nice card, but I imagine it's not so easy and once done the sky3ds group will probably try to reverse it again somehow.

I don't know, seems like a false start from day one.
i think when you are finished with some of the 10 games, you can back up them and put another game in their place

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico

I hope that someone uploads a Majora's Mask 3D ROM on the net after it's released. To have all of the Zelda games on 3ds & backups would be great.

I also don't think people are cutting this enough slack. Yes, this has it's restrictions, but so does Gateway. Gateway is a better card, and I'd buy one in an instant if they come out with 9x support (Coming next year, if I had to guess), but, if you have a 3DS over the firmware of 4.5, you can't use Gateway. That's why I don't get these people who say "This card sucks, I'll stick with my Gateway." Good, do that, but some of us, a majority of us don't have the option and would rather buy a card than a new system.

Gateway also had that one ROM per-SD stuff. Yeah, you could buy multiple SD Cards, but I'd rather have ten games at once, than one game per SD. It'd be annoying to constantly be switching between these unmarked SDs til you find the right game. I think we should look at the fact that people are actually making a Flashcart that CAN WORK WITH THE CURRENT FIRMWARE, rather than the restrictions it has.
Exactly

Exactly. Also not to mention that Gateway WASNT the one that brought MultiRom Support

daaanieeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Is game4deal.com secure?, I wanna order one in that site, because it's 79$ but I don't see a review of that site.
Other is woocards.com

EDIT: As I can see, they have a limit of items, so I try in another web.

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Reactions: daaanieeel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, is that a shoe or a pc?