Old R4 flashcart to test unmodded 3DS before purchase

Blugoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Greetings :) A challenge to me but hopefully not to this community: After buying a DS which turned out to have a defective button and trying to avoid this when I soon buy a (most likely unmodded) 3DS at the upcoming fleamarkets, I have restored an old R4 card which works on 3DS in order to 'quickly & temporarily mod' it and launch a button/touch screen testing homebrew app (3DS-Test or 3DSCheck) stored in the flashcart (that I can easily bring to the market) before purchasing the console. I was able to run TwilightMenu++ but couldn't figure how to execute HB. Any ideas?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS-Test is available in .cia and .3dsx and the 3DSCheck is available in .3dsx, to use them in .3dsx version you need to be access to homebrew launcher.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have restored an old R4 card which works on 3DS in order to 'quickly & temporarily mod' it and launch a button/touch screen testing homebrew app (3DS-Test or 3DSCheck) stored in the flashcart (that I can easily bring to the market) before purchasing the console. I was able to run TwilightMenu++ but couldn't figure how to execute HB.
Are you saying you did this already, or that this is what you want to do..? Your post is very unclear.

If I understand you correctly, then yes, you can run TWiLight Menu from a DS-mode flashcart (assuming it is sufficiently recent that it isn't covered by the 3DS cart blacklist). It is quite impossible to run any 3DS software this way. Most 3DS software can only be executed from the SD card inside the 3DS.

It is possible to flash a special ntr version of Godmode9 to a flashcart and run it via ntrboot, i.e. with the magnet. (I thought this required a particularly unusual flashcart, but apparently not.) In theory if there is some other software available in .firm format, then it can also be run the same way if it is compiled properly. But you're going to have a hard time finding anyone who can help you with that.

Blugoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you saying you did this already, or that this is what you want to do..? Your post is very unclear.

If I understand you correctly, then yes, you can run TWiLight Menu from a DS-mode flashcart (assuming it is sufficiently recent that it isn't covered by the 3DS cart blacklist). It is quite impossible to run any 3DS software this way. Most 3DS software can only be executed from the SD card inside the 3DS.

It is possible to flash a special ntr version of Godmode9 to a flashcart and run it via ntrboot, i.e. with the magnet. (I thought this required a particularly unusual flashcart, but apparently not.) In theory if there is some other software available in .firm format, then it can also be run the same way if it is compiled properly. But you're going to have a hard time finding anyone who can help you with that.
My post is very unclear to you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol