Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I'm doing the exact opposite - I'm saying not to bother with conspiracy theories about future upgrades/updates that may or may not come, the "flashcard mafia", the evil Chinese cloners etc. and focus on what the card has to offer right now. It has some appeal specifically because it's firmware-independent, it also has drawbacks due to the 10 game limit, no homebrew support and no menu. That's the specs the manufacturers shared so far, that's what we should evaluate. ;)

Yes I agree, no need to speculate on customer friendly moves on the group's side. It is a bold marketing move, I doubt it will pay out and personally I hope it will backfire. But anyways, I was just shocked by that weird "remember" limit... curious of the explanation the group will give for it, if they even do.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yes I agree, no need to speculate on customer friendly moves on the group's side. It is a bold marketing move, I doubt it will pay out and personally I hope it will backfire. But anyways, I was just shocked by that weird "remember" limit... curious of the explanation the group will give for it, if they even do.
It might very well be a technological limitation. The card itself has some built-in memory and that memory can only store so many "headers" or whatever else it collects on-board. Since it's not running any menu, it's hard to control that on-board storage and clearing it would require either connecting a programmer device or coding a routine that would blank on-board memory if you, I don't know, hold down the button or something. It's definitely early days, but the fact that it's running on any firmware is very interesting in and out of itself. If online also works without fiddling with headers, that's also an advantage. For now I reserve my judgement, I'll give everyone an educated opinion once I have my hands on one of those kits. ;)

daaanieeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It might very well be a technological limitation. The card itself has some built-in memory and that memory can only store so many "headers" or whatever else it collects on-board. Since it's not running any menu, it's hard to control that on-board storage and clearing it would require either connecting a programmer device or coding a routine that would blank on-board memory if you, I don't know, hold down the button or something. It's definitely early days, but the fact that it's running on any firmware is very interesting in and out of itself. If online also works without fiddling with headers, that's also an advantage. For now I reserve my judgement, I'll give everyone an educated opinion once I have my hands on one of those kits. ;)

I don't know so much but a Save Dongle it probably may help?

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Its possible - though from what I've read it seems more likely its an intentional limitation, rather than a technological one.
Ofcourse, that kind of speculation is just as baseless right now as those regarding updates.

Which is exactly why (for the average user) waiting now is the best bet.
So that those who have a better idea what they're dealing with can get their hands on the kits and give their thoughts.
Especially if this card does indeed run online, I'm curious to see whether Nintendo can prevent that.
Or if the games on this card are indeed 'indistinguishable' from a retail game.

Which means waiting on people to finish their tinkering to find out whats what.

scottsan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to let you guys know I went ahead and ordered mine from PeachDS since they are located in the US and will report back on how well it works.

I have my doubts, but they told me it'll be at my house in a week.

LehmanLee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Just wanted to let you guys know I went ahead and ordered mine from PeachDS since they are located in the US and will report back on how well it works.

I have my doubts, but they told me it'll be at my house in a week.

Oh, perhaps you guys should find a sky3ds USA reseller to order it...sure, hope you can luckly get it in time with original package. :P

JomasterII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just found some Wordpress Blog about the Sky3DS. There's SO many pics here.
img_0002.jpg
img_0005.jpg
img_0007.jpg
img_0015.jpg
img_0035.jpg
Also, just wanna say, the cart is about $89 here in Australia, about as expensive as a Gateway.
Still might get one though :P

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really suspect this "write once" issue is not right. If you go to the product page and follow the instructions they only show one file being writen.

A reistriction a that all 10 games had to be selected all at once is a little over the top.

We shall see in a few days. I will not be one to try and write only one game with the tool and see what happens. I will leave that to the guys who bend their iPhones.

Reactions: daaanieeel

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know if it's relevant, but my personal console parts supplier is pricing them at $64.00 USD each, so I don't know if that's telling about their eventual price drops or not. Mind you, that's not consumer pricing, but I figured it would be useful data for even initial gains between suppliers and resellers, for those interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Now she knows a tenth percent of what I go through when you send me pms
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My links could be wild life in nature or wild life in unnatural circumstances lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your links are the Ukraine Russia war
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biden signed a income contract just so you can keep sending me the mutated things that you do
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That just look right with food coloring liquid running down it
    +1
    Muhahahaha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Blue omelette
    +1
    Lol Ken will never eat an omelette again lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually ihops omlettes still hit haven't had one in forever
    The steak one is amazing
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn near $20 so fuck them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I second that, they are good. I always get the steak and add mushrooms to it also. But yea been awhile since had myself. I used to go there every morn for coffee and breakfast, meet with my work crew, but we all stop going, too expensive.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I'm scarred for life.
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    See you guys, I'll get lost for another month. Maybe the rest of the year.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See you tomorrow
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Peace. Take care, no more searching tonight. You gonna have nightmares.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    See you tomorrow.
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    did she just vomit on the chat before leaving
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    why are girls doing this nowadays? is this some weird way of showing dominance?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, I put her outside though, then cleaned it up.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ah yes the unique power of girls vomiting on you