Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
probably future... : 1 gateway find the way for downgrade the 3ds (With some modchip ecc and make lot of money!), people want emunand,cia,homebrew downgrade the 3ds
2 gw find the way for use the cart on new fw
ecc ecc...

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
10 Game limit = Trying to cash in on their 9.x exploit ASAP by forcing people to buy multiple cards.

I am guessing there will be zero support for this card after release and we will see it patched very soon. The only good I am hoping that comes from this is that gateway snags one figures out how it was done and adapts their cards to somehow use this exploit on newer firmware systems hence extending their 4.5 limitation to 9.x
Yeah I just read in another thread that a guys tried it on Fw 4.5 and didnt work. If thsts true then isnt a 1:1 card.

BTW Gateway on eachmall is now $57USD plus $11 off $77 on all orders.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im pretty sure they will copy Sky3DS like they did with MT's Multirom, CFW, etc.
WTF? GW didn't copy the empty card. On the other hand, the MT guys copied GW's multirom even though they had implemented one already :mellow:

Also, they only allowed more permissions to let us install DevMenu, nothing to copy from the CFW.

Reactions: Lordjontan

daaanieeel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Complain Limit 10 games and I also thought so, but what games could be put?
can only think of 2.
Those who would choose games with post-story play, not a game that finished the story mode and there is no more to do as it would be in vain 1 slot.

The 2 games I think are:
Mario Kart 7
Super Smash Bros. 3DS

No Pokémon because I have already pre-ordered Omega Ruby and I have X yet.
I have Animal Crossing too.

Maybe Fantasy Life it be the third.

Another game that can be?.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
So you should see if you only put on 9 games and still let you add the last one at some later date or if you don't write all 10, your ***ked and are stuck with a card that has only 5 games on it or 9, or 3. Depending on whatever random amount of games short of the max 10 allowed for the cart. That would be really BS if their card was that limited.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Since is a 1:1 Card what if we could use PowerSave and/or CyberSaver with Sky3DS.

It doesn't seem to work on <9.x FW's, and thus, with a 16MB storage chip on board, I would imagine it can only store the banners/headers to fake the 3DS menu, and then load the corresponding game once loading a game from the cartridge is triggered.

And this somehow isn't done properly, and will possibly not work with the PowerSave/CyberSaver.
But maybe the Sky3DS also gets an update for DevMenu and stuff support?

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
It won't be that big of a deal since the 3DS doesn't have 10 good games in its library yet.

;O;

Okay, I know it's not good to feed trolls, but here we go:

Super Mario 3D land, Super Smash Bros, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensei IV, Etrian Odyssey IV, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Tales of the abyss, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain call, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart 7, Mario & Luigi Dream team, Kirby triple deluxe, Fire emblem awakening, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time and A Link between Worlds, SMT Devil Survivor Overclocked, Prof. Layton Miracle Mask, Azran Legacy and vs. Phoenix Wright, Phoenix Wright trilogy and Dual Destinies, Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D and I could go on, mind you.

YET!

unlike the vita.... NEVER!

;O;;O;;O;;O;

I can list at least 10 games I want to play on Vita.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It doesn't seem to work on <9.x FW's, and thus, with a 16MB storage chip on board, I would imagine it can only store the banners/headers to fake the 3DS menu, and then load the corresponding game once loading a game from the cartridge is triggered.

And this somehow isn't done properly, and will possibly not work with the PowerSave/CyberSaver.
But maybe the Sky3DS also gets an update for DevMenu and stuff support?

Yeah I read about it. Meaning is that they found a New Exploit on the 3DS. If thats true and its not about the card then Gateway can Update theirs to work on the 9.X? Who know

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah I read about it. Meaning is that they found a New Exploit on the 3DS. If thats true and its not about the card then Gateway can Update theirs to work on the 9.X? Who know
there is different types of "exploit" they could of just found a bug in the cart authentication routine.....not a exploit in the 3ds software, just a bug that was introduced somewhere between 5.x-9.x that allows a card to load without passing all checks(but it still needs to pass signature checks etc), so a card like this is all it would be good for

Reactions: ElYubiYubi

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay, I know it's not good to feed trolls, but here we go:

Super Mario 3D land, Super Smash Bros, Bravely Default, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart 7, Fire emblem awakening, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time and A Link between Worlds, Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS.

I can list at least 10 games I want to play on Vita.

I think that's a fairer list of good games on 3ds.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It won't be that big of a deal since the 3DS doesn't have 10 good games in its library yet.

;O;

I think there are at least 10 "good" games on 3DS. Maybe not great, but good. I have:

MK7
Animal Crossing
Ocarina of Time
A Link Between Worlds
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Dream Team
Luigi's Mansion
Kid Icarus
Paper Mario Sticker Star
NSMB2
Mario Tennis
Pilotwings (it's good. Trust me.)

In addition to those, my kids also have the Layton games, Tomodachi Collection, and Tongari Boshi (on a Japanese console - we have a bilingual house here), Fire Emblem:Awakening, MH3, Bravely Default, Kingdom Hearts, Zero Escape, Resident Evil, Shin Megami Tensei IV, etc. Not games I'm interested in, but they seem to enjoy them and they're at least "good" games.

So what's left, that I don't already have and still want? (or kinda want)

Smash Bros.
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario Golf
Yoshi's Island (I've heard the negatives, but I'd still play it)
Star Fox

And that's less than 10. And I'd rather buy them. So I'll agree with you so far as saying that if you've been somewhat keeping up on buying the "good" games on the system, there probably aren't 10 more you don't already have.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy